The #LUFC Breakfast Debate (Tuesday 8th June) - Leeds Target Perraud Bound for St Mary's

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Ellandback1
Site Contributor
Site Contributor
Twitter: @EllandBack1

Breakfast Debate The #LUFC Breakfast Debate (Tuesday 8th June) - Leeds Target Perraud Bound for St Mary's

Post by Ellandback1 »

Good Morning. It's Wednesday 8th June, and here are the latest headlines from Elland Road...

Perraud bound for St Mary's

Southampton look set to steal Romain Perraud from under their noses of Leeds according to articles from the Daily Express and the Daily Mail. Saints boss Ralph Hasenhuttl has made the versatile 23 year old his top Summer target as he looks to add strength to his struggling team. Leeds have fought hard to bring Brest's financial expectations down, and it is believed an initial fee of £8.5m will secure the deal. Leeds were in prime location to snap Perraud up, but an previously quoted price tag in the region of £15m-£18m convinced Victor Orta to continue his search in La Liga

Harrison set to sign today

Jack Harrison will put pen to paper today, and sign permanently for the Whites. The 24yo has been in fantastic form recently, and was unlucky not to be included in Gareth Southgate's England squad. Fortunately for Leeds, Manchester City fixed the fee three years ago, and although it was tweaked from 10m to 12m last Summer, it still represents amazing value for money! Harrison will become Leeds first permanent signing of the Summer, pledging his future for the next four or five years.

Orta has already held talks with Kvaratskhelia

Victor Orta has held talks with the agent of Khvicha Kvaratskhelia according to various media reports. The Rubin Kazan winger is in high demand after a breathtaking season for the Russian outfit. Their Sporting Director Oleg Yarovinsky admitted he was free to leave, even if his departure will “hurt”.

Georgian journalist Lasha Kokiashvili says there is great interest in the 20-year-old and states talks have already been completed with Orta, with the player's future soon to be resolved. A fee of 20-25m will be a drop in the ocean if Georgian International continuous to improve at the rate he has been!

Bielsa should be named Manager of the year - Cascarino

Former Republic of Ireland striker Tony Cascarino believes Leeds boss Marcelo Bielsa should be named the manager of the year. The TalkSPORT host believes the Whites over achieved this season. He also praised the Argentine's style of play...

He (Bielsa) would be my number one choice. He overachieved with the Leeds team. I thought the way Leeds played, they became a far better team at the end of the season than they were at the start. I love watching Leeds. From the opening game when they lost 4-3 against Liverpool I thought they were going to be a roller coaster. By the end of the season, I was like ‘They’re tough to play against.’ Bielsa improved his team a hell of a lot. His achievements were extraordinary.

Last edited by Ellandback1 on Tue Jun 08, 2021 9:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ellandback1
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Re: The #LUFC Breakfast Debate (Wednesday 8th June) Perraud bound for St Mary's

Post by Ellandback1 »

Newbies, feel free to join in!!!!!!!!!!1
Byebyegeegee
First Team
First Team

Re: The #LUFC Breakfast Debate (Wednesday 8th June) - Leeds Target Perraud bound for St Mary's

Post by Byebyegeegee »

Do you mean a fee of £18.5m (not 8.5m) would secure the deal for Perraud Elland? Presumably we are not prepared to pay that much and Southampton are. Surely if the player himself had the choice he wouldn’t choose Southampton!
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Re: The #LUFC Breakfast Debate (Wednesday 8th June) - Leeds Target Perraud bound for St Mary's

Post by SG90 »

Morning all. Happy Tuesday, not Wednesday! :-D

I'm confused. Why would Perraud have cost us £18m but Southampton £8.5m? Guess they were just trying to rip us off and failed. Bit like Bayern with Cuisance, Leeds pay £20m while Marseille pay £10m. :duno:

I really want Kvaratskhelia, but trying not to get my hopes up. Just think he is too good and will go to a UCL club instead, like Gvardiol. But I'm really happy we're looking at this route of exciting young talent around the globe, and not just the safe boring names everyone else is linked with.
Ratscoot
Manager
Manager

Post by Ratscoot »

Morning EB et all

Don't know why but I'm a bit gutted about Perraud going to the Saints, I guessing its because we've been scouting him since last year and have been mentioned in signing him for quite a while so for the Saints to fly in at the last minute and sign him just seems like they've snatched our player and now Brighton are wanting £50m for our Ben White how come they are able to sell our player :shock: the worlds gone mad :cry:

Get Jackie signed today before Plymouth snatch him from under our noses, can't bloody trust these south coast clubs these days

Bielsa was the Manager of the Season end of
A bumble bee under the laws of physics shouldnt be able to fly, but it does because no one has told it that it can't
YorkshireSquare
Administrator
Administrator
Twitter: @motforum

Re: The #LUFC Breakfast Debate (Wednesday 8th June) - Leeds Target Perraud Bound for St Mary's

Post by YorkshireSquare »

Thought Perraud was the one! Jackie a bargain at £10 million.

Moyes and Bielsa have odne the best jobs in the league this year. Easy to finish top 4 if you've got a squad worth $1 Billion.
Ellandback1
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Re: The #LUFC Breakfast Debate (Wednesday 8th June) - Leeds Target Perraud Bound for St Mary's

Post by Ellandback1 »

Olly Casey to sign a permanent deal with Blackpool today - unconfirmed yet
Leeds1000
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Leeds1000 »

I don't know owt about Parraud personally but Southampton have a decent record on buying players from overseas and turning over a large profit a few years later.

Who's this Harrison geezer? Is he any good.... 8-)
Ellandback1
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Ellandback1 »

Byebyegeegee wrote: Tue Jun 08, 2021 8:10 am Do you mean a fee of £18.5m (not 8.5m) would secure the deal for Perraud Elland? Presumably we are not prepared to pay that much and Southampton are. Surely if the player himself had the choice he wouldn’t choose Southampton!
No, 8.5m, they were very specific....
Carrick Dave
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Re: The #LUFC Breakfast Debate (Tuesday 8th June) - Leeds Target Perraud Bound for St Mary's

Post by Carrick Dave »

Reports say Perraud has agreed terms with Southampton and now the clubs have to agree a deal?

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/ ... ews/55161/
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

Ellandback1 wrote: Tue Jun 08, 2021 9:02 am Olly Casey to sign a permanent deal with Blackpool today - unconfirmed yet
Always thought he was a bit of a carthorse tbh. Cresswell is the better one.
Carrick Dave
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Re: The #LUFC Breakfast Debate (Tuesday 8th June) - Leeds Target Perraud Bound for St Mary's

Post by Carrick Dave »

Have you seen this? The man is a class act.

https://www.leeds-live.co.uk/sport/leed ... e-20764070
mothbanquet
Manager
Manager

Post by mothbanquet »

Perraud

It actually sounds like Southampton have overpaid. If he's at their standard (no hubris here, most Saints fans would know exactly what I mean) then I'm less enthused about him in all honesty...

Harrison

I've blown hot and cold on Jack in the past but if Buendia is apparently worth £38-40mil then Jack is worth £12mil easy.

Kvitcha

Just the type of player we need. Honestly though, whoever arrives I'll be excited about given our successes last window.

Cascarino

This guy actually sounds like he's watched, followed and analysed us this season as opposed to just copy/pasting out of date pundit soundbites.
mothbanquet
Manager
Manager

Post by mothbanquet »

Carrick Dave wrote: Tue Jun 08, 2021 10:01 am Have you seen this? The man is a class act.

Unreal isn't he? :clap:
rab_rant

Post by rab_rant »

mothbanquet wrote:
Unreal isn't he? :clap:
talent spoting for Leeds United so that in 8 years time some youngster will be ready for the Leeds first 11.

he has got the vision to look at the long term ImageImage

Sent from my Redmi Note 8 Pro using Tapatalk

mothbanquet
Manager
Manager

Post by mothbanquet »

rab_rant wrote: Tue Jun 08, 2021 10:43 am talent spoting for Leeds United so that in 8 years time some youngster will be ready for the Leeds first 11.

he has got the vision to look at the long term ImageImage

Sent from my Redmi Note 8 Pro using Tapatalk
Definitely my first thought. Wasn't the likes of Pochettino that young when Bielsa scouted him?
Ellandback1
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Ellandback1 »

Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Perraud.

Its a strange one this. We have been tracking him for ages and i thought that this had a hint of Robin Koch in that it was practically a done deal. £8mil sounds a very good deal for a young man who is seen as potentially thw starting left back for one of the best national teams within the next few years.

Really odd.

Harrison.

Good squad player, be a bit underwhelming if this is our first signing though.

Khvicha Kvaratskhelia

I am not so sure about this anymore. The more i read the more it feels like we are being used and yesterday confirmed it for me.

We have had his agent name dropping us and us alone.

Now we have this
Prefers La Liga and again name drops us only and doesnt seem keen.

Red flags for me.
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
Chilli D
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Chilli D »

Carrick Dave wrote: Tue Jun 08, 2021 10:01 am Have you seen this? The man is a class act.

Just proving once again what a great man he is.
The flowers of common sense do not grow in everyone's garden
Chilli D
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Chilli D »

Ellandback1 wrote: Tue Jun 08, 2021 9:02 am Olly Casey to sign a permanent deal with Blackpool today - unconfirmed yet
Newly promoted to the Championship so that's a good deal for him if it goes through.
The flowers of common sense do not grow in everyone's garden