Arsenal Thread

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Re: Arsenal Thread

Post by 1964white »

Gooners planning a £90m bid for Declan Rice, also considering tempting Citeh to sell Joao Cancelo, currently on loan to Bayern.
Kennyb41
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Re: Arsenal Thread - Rice/Cancelo bids??

Post by Kennyb41 »

Cancelo is top drawer and wants to play all the time, that's where i think something crept in between him and Pep.

Arteta knows a good player when he sees one, Zinchenko has had an injury prone year and Cancelo can play LB or RB.

He got fcked with the Saliba injury and the cover was nowhere near as good, it cost him big time, they rode every other injured position with Jesus etc well, but not that one, i'm surprised he didn't put Ben White there but he was fcked at RB as well.

I don't see him going for Rice, that would surprise me.

But Cancelo yes, he'd help, but he also needs another decent CH or, start using White there.

I think he'll clear the decks with the likes of Holding in the summer.

I also think Jesus coming back in backfired on him a bit, coz Martinelli, Saka, Trossard and Odegaard were gelling and mixing it up well up front whilst he was injured, i thought he'd pulled a masterstroke getting Trossard in January which would see them home, but the Saliba injury cost them dear.
Not dependent on Google, the www or 'stats' - Just a guy that puts his eyes to full use on the beautiful game :geek:

;@)
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Re: Arsenal Thread - Rice/Cancelo bids??

Post by 1964white »

Kennyb41 wrote: Thu May 18, 2023 7:42 am Cancelo is top drawer and wants to play all the time, that's where i think something crept in between him and Pep.

Arteta knows a good player when he sees one, Zinchenko has had an injury prone year and Cancelo can play LB or RB.

He got fcked with the Saliba injury and the cover was nowhere near as good, it cost him big time, they rode every other injured position with Jesus etc well, but not that one, i'm surprised he didn't put Ben White there but he was fcked at RB as well.

I don't see him going for Rice, that would surprise me.

But Cancelo yes, he'd help, but he also needs another decent CH or, start using White there.

I think he'll clear the decks with the likes of Holding in the summer.

I also think Jesus coming back in backfired on him a bit, coz Martinelli, Saka, Trossard and Odegaard were gelling and mixing it up well up front whilst he was injured, i thought he'd pulled a masterstroke getting Trossard in January which would see them home, but the Saliba injury cost them dear.
Agree, Arsenal have missed Saliba big-time. :tup: