Newcastle United Thread

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Re: Newcastle United Thread - Heading for the Champions League

Post by 1964white »

Scoobychief wrote: Fri May 19, 2023 2:04 pm They will only go from strenght ro strength and they haven't exactly done a Chelsea and spent millions. Good manager good management has got them there. And I can see 3 or 4 new signings for them this summer and only good quality additions. They will need at least 4 to manage premier league and champions league. They will now become a top 4 side
Newcastle have built from the back, as any management intent on success should do, the barcodes have conceded 32 goals in 36 games

Big Sam mentioned the importance of keeping clean sheets in his press conference this morning, he is obviously horrified with the 71 goals Leeds have conceded, is it any wonder why we are in the bottom three :oops:
DDB220
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by DDB220 »

Scoobychief wrote: Fri May 19, 2023 2:04 pm They will only go from strenght ro strength and they haven't exactly done a Chelsea and spent millions. Good manager good management has got them there. And I can see 3 or 4 new signings for them this summer and only good quality additions. They will need at least 4 to manage premier league and champions league. They will now become a top 4 side
You can always switch allegiance, for all your positive remarks about them, you miss the real reason they are on their uppers - Saudi money, even if they have invested wisely. The same Saudi’s who refused to increase oil production to alleviate the international barrel price which would have had a knock on effect at the pumps. Mountain can allude to the human rights issue.

No one blame’s their fans and to some, the criticism of their subsequent success may come across as sour grapes from Leeds fans. But it is a question of morals.

Is football more important than human rights. Based upon the last WC the answer for many is yes.
Scoobychief
Manager
Manager

Post by Scoobychief »

Jump ship what a f**king childish thing to say you prat. Dont get jealous cause we're a skint flint club. We're not going to be in their league you prat until big boys with big money buy ours club. Get real
60sUnited
First Team
First Team

Post by 60sUnited »

It's really quite alarming that some folk don't recognise that in the main football success is mainly related to money availability. Yes, in some cases with clever management and clever scouting...ie Brighton, the money factor can be overcome, something that we have miserably been lacking in.
Orange Box
Manager
Manager

Post by Orange Box »

I love ncastle as a city, had many great nights out there, some of my best hangovers have their origins in that city. Would I love their success, hell yeah. At that the human price they have to pay? F”ck no.

All I can say is I’m glad I don’t have that conflict to juggle in my head. Give me the clarity of conscience of the Championship any day.

And if anybody wants to pick a fight about the ethics of our poxy management team I say give it a go, I’m not in the mood.
WARNING: During game time, any post I make is not to be taken seriously, neither is it meant as offence. I'm a hot-blooded creature prone to moments of exasperation and expletive.
Bongo1874
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by Bongo1874 »

https://fb.watch/kHqSIuMpOY/

Tonight is going to be emotional.
WhiteRose
First Team
First Team

Post by WhiteRose »

Scoobychief wrote: Fri May 19, 2023 8:33 pm Jump ship what a f**king childish thing to say you prat. Dont get jealous cause we're a skint flint club. We're not going to be in their league you prat until big boys with big money buy ours club. Get real
No one with super wealth is going to buy Leeds, it’s not in the character of the club. we just get chancers, daydreamers and crooks , not sure yet which category the 49ers fall in to, probably chancers