Newcastle United Thread

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
White Riot
Superstar
Superstar

Re: Newcastle United Thread

Post by White Riot »

Scoobychief wrote: Sat Oct 09, 2021 10:07 am if the boot was on the other foot and we had become a rich clubs, we would be discussing who we would be buying, so yeah get over it and hope mega rich people buy LEEDS UNITED
Yep, like them Geordies if we got took over by some mega bucks owner first thought on my mind would be let's get the cans and have a street party :)
Mountain
First Team
First Team

Post by Mountain »

mentalcase wrote: Sat Oct 09, 2021 9:58 am Don’t think too many folk stopped buying imported goods from China after the tianamum square incident.
Don’t think too many folk stopped buying imported goods from Cambodia after the pol pot regime.
All of a sudden we’re going to protest because someone has bought a football club club up north east, weird.
I'd say if Pol Pot tried to buy a British club in the 1980s, no one would have said "people protesting against a genocidal despot who has killed between 1 and 2 million...weird".

If anything, citing Pol Pot highlights the depravity of it all. In previous decades, genocidal maniacs did not take over clubs, now when it happens its so acceptable that objecting is described as weird.
White Riot
Superstar
Superstar

Post by White Riot »

Orange Box wrote: Sat Oct 09, 2021 10:10 am It’ll be adios to the NU women’s team.
They'll be confined to barracks mate and best be happy about it :lol:
mentalcase

Post by mentalcase »

White Riot wrote: Sat Oct 09, 2021 10:20 am They'll be confined to barracks mate and best be happy about it :lol:
:duno: wonder if women will be banned from driving in Newcastle centre now.
"Critics are men that watch a battle from a high place, then come down and shoot the survivors"
White Riot
Superstar
Superstar

Post by White Riot »

mentalcase wrote: Sat Oct 09, 2021 9:58 am Well said WR.
Don’t think too many folk stopped buying imported goods from China after the tianamum square incident.
Don’t think too many folk stopped buying imported goods from Cambodia after the pol pot regime.
All of a sudden we’re going to protest because someone has bought a football club club up north east, weird.
Tbh mate, you'd have a job buying anything that's not made in China, over the past several decades :lol:

Which comes full circle to my point about Maggie Thatcher knackering all our industries to pave the way for her French, German, Chinese and Japanese mates, etc, and all them twisted MPs and businessmen to do whatever they want whenever they want.

C'est la vie
White Riot
Superstar
Superstar

Post by White Riot »

mentalcase wrote: Sat Oct 09, 2021 10:25 am :duno: wonder if women will be banned from driving in Newcastle centre now.
Well that would promote road safety :lol:
Irish Ian
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Irish Ian »

I wonder how much of this protest is about the fact that Saudi Arabia contravene western principles of behaviour or is it plain jealousy that Newcastle now have the means to become a footballing power house in the same way that some others in England have become.

If we were in their shoes what would we be saying?
'
"Football is about the people and the players,” he said. “Then there are those who will mingle in the middle: the coaches, executives and journalists. That last group represents the worst part about football" Marcelo Bielsa
Mountain
First Team
First Team

Post by Mountain »

Irish Ian wrote: Sat Oct 09, 2021 11:12 am I wonder how much of this protest is about the fact that Saudi Arabia contravene western principles of behaviour or is it plain jealousy that Newcastle now have the means to become a footballing power house in the same way that some others in England have become.

I'm not in the slightest bit envious of Man City and PSG. When you take away the whole soul of football (and remember, fans demonstrated how much that meant during the Super League showdown) and reduce clubs to expensive baubles for gazillionaire despots to cover for their atrocities, I'm not sure that fan happiness is increased that much. It's not like smiling crowds are testing the capacity of the Etihad, it's just that their expectations increase and now they seem to get more upset about not winning the CL than enjoying winning the league.
White Riot
Superstar
Superstar

Post by White Riot »

Irish Ian wrote: Sat Oct 09, 2021 11:12 am I wonder how much of this protest is about the fact that Saudi Arabia contravene western principles of behaviour or is it plain jealousy that Newcastle now have the means to become a footballing power house in the same way that some others in England have become.

I would be saying "Yabba, Dabba, Do"
mentalcase

Post by mentalcase »

White Riot wrote: Sat Oct 09, 2021 11:38 am I would be saying "Yabba, Dabba, Do"
Man City fans are saying Abu Dhabi do
"Critics are men that watch a battle from a high place, then come down and shoot the survivors"
White Riot
Superstar
Superstar

Post by White Riot »

mentalcase wrote: Sat Oct 09, 2021 12:58 pm Man City fans are saying Abu Dhabi do
There was a lad I used to work with who was a Citeh fan, and always slagging off Chelsea for taking Abramovich's dirty money, etc. I got bored to f**k hearing about it.

But as soon as the Arabs took over Citeh the same lad was strutting about like a dog with two c**ks.

You couldn't make it up mate.
mentalcase

Post by mentalcase »

White Riot wrote: Sat Oct 09, 2021 1:06 pm There was a lad I used to work with who was a Citeh fan, and always slagging off Chelsea for taking Abramovich's dirty money, etc. I got bored to f**k hearing about it.

But as soon as the Arabs took over Citeh the same lad was strutting about like a dog with two c**ks.

You couldn't make it up mate.
Yea I know city fans said same, a lad drinks in same club as me, season ticket holder last 10 yrs at city, give it up now, says football is corrupt and too expensive.
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

Not jealous at all. In fact I was 100% against QSI, when some fans were out with their begging bowls for them. The same ones who will be the first to complain about them sanitising everything.

Like I said earlier, I don't get the enjoyment of supporting Man City, PSG etc. In fact a lot of Man City fans prefer the days when they were winning the Div 2 play offs etc. The enjoyment in football comes from the hope and the dreams, not bullying and buying out the competition as you have more money from your sugar daddy.
Mountain
First Team
First Team

Post by Mountain »

SG90 wrote: Sat Oct 09, 2021 2:18 pm Like I said earlier, I don't get the enjoyment of supporting Man City, PSG etc. In fact a lot of Man City fans prefer the days when they were winning the Div 2 play offs etc. The enjoyment in football comes from the hope and the dreams, not bullying and buying out the competition as you have more money from your sugar daddy.
Fully agree. I bet an older section of Man City fans saw the reaction of Leeds fans to Stuart Dallas winner last season and know deep down that they will never experience that again. Their own AGUERO moment has faded into memory, now the only mild interest is why haven't they won the CL. Remember the reaction of the media to Leeds winning there? Man City will never get that praise. It's a club that has no soul, if there's a problem just throw 100 million at it, it's almost pointless. The only real function is to sportswash a regime.
Prisoner37
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by Prisoner37 »

The Saudis have been embedded in British Horse Racing for decades. Friends of Queen and their young princes going to our top public schools and universities. They are part of the establishment.

So buying a North East football team is nothing compared to the influence their oil wealth has already bought them here.

Let the Geordies have their fun but give em proper hell when they come to ER.
Mountain
First Team
First Team

Post by Mountain »

Prisoner37 wrote: Sat Oct 09, 2021 6:40 pm The Saudis have been embedded in British Horse Racing for decades. Friends of Queen and their young princes going to our top public schools and universities. They are part of the establishment.
To be clear, I don't think the critics are saying all Saudis are bad or Saudis cannot be educated abroad.

The criticism is very much aimed at the brutal regime of Mohammed bin Salman who heads up PIF. I don't think any Saudi horse trainer is accused of ordering mass beheadings or sawing up opponents.

We can't keep diluting the accusations by references to Platini, Thatcher or now all Saudis. As Johnathan Wilson wrote today, it's really very simple...

For all the obfuscations and hypocrisy, all the equivocation and whataboutery, there is only one question Newcastle fans and football more generally needs to ask: how do you feel about torture and murder?
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

mentalcase wrote: Sat Oct 09, 2021 10:25 am :duno: wonder if women will be banned from driving in Newcastle centre now.
Women are allowed to drive in Saudi now
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

White Riot wrote: Sat Oct 09, 2021 10:36 am Well that would promote road safety :lol:
Cheeky g*t :x

:lol:
Mountain
First Team
First Team

Post by Mountain »

whiteswan wrote: Sat Oct 09, 2021 8:09 pm Women are allowed to drive in Saudi now
They are, though women who campaigned to drive were still kept in prison after the ban was lifted, where the NUFC owner had them sexually abused, whipped and tortured with electric shocks.
White Riot
Superstar
Superstar

Post by White Riot »

whiteswan wrote: Sat Oct 09, 2021 8:09 pm Cheeky g*t :x

:lol:
At least the Saudis would be doing their bit to keep death off the roads ;-)