Lewis Bate

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Leeds1000
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Re: Lewis Bate

Post by Leeds1000 »

I will just be glad to see a u23's player actually step up to the first team. Could he be the next Strujk? It may depend on injuries again next season.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Struijk and Meslier last season and two a season is a good hit rate for an already strong team.. If we get Geldhert and Bate making inroads this season say, then the worry of the 30 yr olds goes away..
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
Leeds1000
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Leeds1000 »

I think they may get a few cameos if they are lucky. It usually depends on a depleted squad due to injuries. Struijk could even find game time limited this season.
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Just watching Southampton vs Wolves and see that 18 year old full back Tino Livramento is starting again as he has all of Southampton's games this league season.

Tino Livramento is a good friend of Lewis Bate and the teenagers were considered at least on a level standard wise with Bate considered more advanced than players like Mason Mount and Billy Gilmour were at the same age.

Personally i was against the idea that Bate would be our saviour in midfield when he arrived because i assumed senior midfielders would arrive.

They didnt and now watching Tino Livramento playing in a high energy, possession based, high pressing Saints side i do wonder why Bate is seemingly nowhere near our first team despite the obvious issues we have?
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
Denman
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by Denman »

Quite simple really, isn’t it? MB’s pecking order.

Some of our older players are struggling to match last season’s performances (Dallas, Klich etc). There are probably several reasons for this, but my guess is that age combined with the extreme requirements MB places on players means it is harder to maintain such a high standard.

I strongly believe we should use more of our U23s now. Blood them young, it brings players on more quickly. Granted some might not make it, but the best will always grow with the extra responsibility and the challenges it brings.
BGwhite
Superstar
Superstar

Post by BGwhite »

If the club doesn't have the money to spend they ought to be bringing the 23's in sooner rather than later because as others have already said very soon our players will be too old and past it all at the same time .

Sent from my moto g(9) plus using Tapatalk

1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

England v Italy U20's

A goal made in Leeds

Drameh crosses the ball, a tap back from Greenwood to Bate who slams the ball into the corner of the net.

Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Of players who have played cm and scored in that role only Klich has managed it
Not a chance Forshaw can do that :lol:
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
BGwhite
Superstar
Superstar

Post by BGwhite »

Is Bielsa holding our 23's back because he doesn't want to be proven wrong ?

The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

BGwhite wrote: Tue Nov 02, 2021 11:00 pm Is Bielsa holding our 23's back because he doesn't want to be proven wrong ?

No ...
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
YorkshireTea
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by YorkshireTea »

Never heard of Lewis Bate until now I googled him and he has a good list of accomplishments
Was part of the Chelsea youth set up for the last 10 years and captained them in the 2020 FA Youth Cup Final
Made the step up to under 23s football last season
Captained England at both under 17 and under 18 level
It seems like they got a very good footballer here he seems very well developed that goal there against Salford excellent speed quickness finishing was superb he is gonna be one to watch
1964white

Post by 1964white »

And here is Lewis's goal

White Riot
Superstar
Superstar

Post by White Riot »

1964white wrote: Wed Nov 03, 2021 7:28 am And here is Lewis's goal

Class player :clap:

Get him in that first team :ok:
mentalcase

Post by mentalcase »

Don't think MB is holding him back for any other reason that his development is more important, if it were championship he may already have played him, in premier league it's far different, he would'nt want his confidence knocking mixing with the big boys, plus, MB as we know has a squad to keep close.
I for one hope we blood him and Gelhardt sometime this season on a more regular basis, Bate has to contend with Forshaw whom has being given the title of our midfield saviour.
Just hope another club don't promise him first team football and take him away, I honestly think that's why he chose us, chelsea were never going to give him an opportunity with their billions ££££, his development is far better at Leeds.
"Critics are men that watch a battle from a high place, then come down and shoot the survivors"
1964white

Post by 1964white »

White Riot wrote: Wed Nov 03, 2021 8:45 am Class player :clap:

Get him in that first team :ok:
Can't see it this season unless we are absolutely riddled with injuries mate.

Definitely one for the future :-D
1964white

Post by 1964white »

mentalcase wrote: Wed Nov 03, 2021 10:04 am Don't think MB is holding him back for any other reason that his development is more important, if it were championship he may already have played him, in premier league it's far different, he would'nt want his confidence knocking mixing with the big boys, plus, MB as we know has a squad to keep close.
I for one hope we blood him and Gelhardt sometime this season on a more regular basis, Bate has to contend with Forshaw whom has being given the title of our midfield saviour.
Just hope another club don't promise him first team football and take him away, I honestly think that's why he chose us, chelsea were never going to give him an opportunity with their billions ££££, his development is far better at Leeds
Can't see that happening tbh, Mental.
Leeds1000
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Leeds1000 »

Cracking goal. I didn't see the game but the goals conceded were really poor. Marking from corners needs a revolution from the bottom up.
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

1964white wrote: Wed Nov 03, 2021 11:25 am Can't see that happening tbh, Mental.
He may well be looking at his mates Broja and Livramento starting every week at Southampton. I believe they were one of the sides interested in him in the summer.
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

I do believe he will be Kalvin's replacement next summer, but I'd prefer to see him in the 8 role. I still can't understand why we're not utilising him. Even if it's just to sit on the bench or come on for 10/15 mins. He's the best ball progresser we have and 19 isn't too young to play.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Leeds1000 wrote: Wed Nov 03, 2021 11:55 am Cracking goal. I didn't see the game but the goals conceded were really poor. Marking from corners needs a revolution from the bottom up.
Typical Leeds defending.

Apart from not practising shooting at TA, I doubt we put much emphasis into how to defend :shock:

I get the impression we concentrate mainly on running fast plus pass & move in training.