Southampton v Leeds Utd Match Thread - Harrison, Roberts and Struijk in for Phillips, Raphinha and Firpo

Archive for all MOT match day threads including match previews, in game chat, reports and ratings.
White Riot
Superstar
Superstar

Re: Southampton v Leeds Utd Match Thread - Harrison, Roberts and Struijk in for Phillips, Raphinha and Firpo

Post by White Riot »

How would anyone imagine that Forshaw is gonna turn a game like that for you?

Only MB and Radz would think that's possible.
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Re: Southampton v Leeds Utd Match Thread - Harrison, Roberts and Struijk in for Phillips, Raphinha and Firpo

Post by Cjay »

Adam Forshaw had the 3rd worst passing accuracy only worsened by 2 kids.

Summerville and Gelhardt.

And those 2 will have been trying to play far more difficult passes whereas Forshaw will have been playing safe.
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
White Riot
Superstar
Superstar

Post by White Riot »

Cjay wrote: Sat Oct 16, 2021 6:11 pm Adam Forshaw had the 3rd worst passing accuracy only worsened by 2 kids.

Summerville and Gelhardt.

And those 2 will have been trying to play far more difficult passes whereas Forshaw will have been playing safe.
I think it was Forshaw that took a quick free-kick and passed it a few yards to Southampton :shock:
Ellandback1
Site Contributor
Site Contributor
Twitter: @EllandBack1

Post by Ellandback1 »

onemoreslogan
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by onemoreslogan »

I think you have to give credit to Southampton. They knew we were coming with a makeshift lineup and their gameplan was to pressure the hell out of us and force mistakes. They came with the energy to execute and we couldn't cope. Leaving the middle to Klich alone was folly. Pascal plays too deep and Rodrigo/Roberts don't come back far enough to help for that formation to work. If KP were fit it's a different ballgame.

I'm as disappointed as anyone, but it was always going to be difficult to get a result with that lineup on the road. Hat's off to the Saints, they played well and deserved the win.
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

Ellandback1 wrote: Sat Oct 16, 2021 6:48 pm
I saw that Matt....but didn't get what it was all about. Can you explain please :duno:
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

White Riot wrote: Sat Oct 16, 2021 6:32 pm I think it was Forshaw that took a quick free-kick and passed it a few yards to Southampton :shock:
Just about sums him up! :roll:
danhirons
Manager
Manager

Post by danhirons »

Basically this season if we don't have some or all of KP, raphinha and paddy we're going to struggle to various amounts depending on the team we're facing and who's out
danhirons
Manager
Manager

Post by danhirons »

White Riot wrote: Sat Oct 16, 2021 6:32 pm I think it was Forshaw that took a quick free-kick and passed it a few yards to Southampton :shock:
Yeah that was awful. Almost played them.in as well with one very short pass to struijk
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

danhirons wrote: Sun Oct 17, 2021 12:58 am Basically this season if we don't have some or all of KP, raphinha and paddy we're going to struggle to various amounts depending on the team we're facing and who's out
Not great when you think about it, we are basically a four-man team.

Without them, we are a dis-jointed mess.
Ellandback1
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Ellandback1 »

onemoreslogan wrote: Sat Oct 16, 2021 7:02 pm I think you have to give credit to Southampton. They knew we were coming with a makeshift lineup and their gameplan was to pressure the hell out of us and force mistakes. They came with the energy to execute and we couldn't cope. Leaving the middle to Klich alone was folly. Pascal plays too deep and Rodrigo/Roberts don't come back far enough to help for that formation to work. If KP were fit it's a different ballgame.

I'm as disappointed as anyone, but it was always going to be difficult to get a result with that lineup on the road. Hat's off to the Saints, they played well and deserved the win.
We have to stop making excuses for the team; yes we had our best three players out, but so did they, plus they had to sell their best players last Summer (Bertrand and Vestegaard to Leicester and Ings to Villa)whilst haven't had to sell anyone!

Everyone that played for us, is part of the first team squad, thus more than capable, especially as it is so wafer thin.

We were outplayed by Southampton; they got their first win of the season. They had 19 shots to our three.

When are we going to stop making excuses for our team?
Ellandback1
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Ellandback1 »

danhirons wrote: Sun Oct 17, 2021 12:59 am Yeah that was awful. Almost played them.in as well with one very short pass to struijk
It was to Llorente. Thank goodness he was swiched on, and managed to get the ball back to Meslier.
mentalcase

Post by mentalcase »

Ellandback1 wrote: Sun Oct 17, 2021 8:28 am We have to stop making excuses for the team; yes we had our best three players out, but so did they, plus they had to sell their best players last Summer (Bertrand and Vestegaard to Leicester and Ings to Villa)whilst haven't had to sell anyone!

Everyone that played for us, is part of the first team squad, thus more than capable, especially as it is so wafer thin.

We were outplayed by Southampton; they got their first win of the season. They had 19 shots to our three.

When are we going to stop making excuses for our team?
Well said ellandback
stop making excuses, it's up to Bielsa and his well overpaid backroom staff to address the situation, and fast.
Also the owners to make sure the correct recruit is made, not a f@cking 3 man decision, would you like a cup of tea Victor...yes please....oh, myself and Marcelo say no, stay parched you twat !!! ???
"Critics are men that watch a battle from a high place, then come down and shoot the survivors"
VinnysTattoo
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by VinnysTattoo »

I still think the last few games of last season were a wasted opportunity to bed in some of the younger players. The managers total reliance on his “18” meant we persisted with Costa and Alioski when we knew they’d be leaving in the Summer. Players like Gelhardt didn’t even get to wet their toes in matches that had very little meaning. Those last games were ideal to rest players after a flat out campaign but they all played to the last.
Worrying also is that Forshaw in now in the 18 and looks likely to block Bate.
rab_rant

Post by rab_rant »

The way we are playing now bears a remarkable similarity to how Sheffield United performed in the season that they went down.

Just losing by the odd goal, and come March Chris Wilder jumps ship.

If the midfield problem is not solved and there are no new transfers at Christmas I wonder if Bielsa will remain as head coach.

I can see him walking

Sent from my Redmi Note 8 Pro using Tapatalk

SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

rab_rant wrote: Sun Oct 17, 2021 9:01 am The way we are playing now bears a remarkable similarity to how Sheffield United performed in the season that they went down.

Just losing by the odd goal, and come March Chris Wilder jumps ship.

If the midfield problem is not solved and there are no new transfers at Christmas I wonder if Bielsa will remain as head coach.

I can see him walking

Sent from my Redmi Note 8 Pro using Tapatalk
Walking away from the mess he created, how noble. :roll:
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

VinnysTattoo wrote: Sun Oct 17, 2021 8:53 am I still think the last few games of last season were a wasted opportunity to bed in some of the younger players. The managers total reliance on his “18” meant we persisted with Costa and Alioski when we knew they’d be leaving in the Summer. Players like Gelhardt didn’t even get to wet their toes in matches that had very little meaning. Those last games were ideal to rest players after a flat out campaign but they all played to the last.
Worrying also is that Forshaw in now in the 18 and looks likely to block Bate.
Yep, we have arguably the best young English midfielder at the club and his route is blocked by a cripple. It wouldn't surprise me if he left in the summer!
BGwhite
Superstar
Superstar

Post by BGwhite »

I think Bielsa would walk if he thought he could do no more , what would be the point in staying.

Sent from my moto g(9) plus using Tapatalk

Ellandback1
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Ellandback1 »

whiteswan wrote: Sat Oct 16, 2021 8:35 pm I saw that Matt....but didn't get what it was all about. Can you explain please :duno:
Kris Boyd is anti Leeds, and Jeff Stelling stuck up for us...
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

Ellandback1 wrote: Sun Oct 17, 2021 12:49 pm Kris Boyd is anti Leeds, and Jeff Stelling stuck up for us...
Who is Kris Boyd? Is he some other saddo ex footballer trying to make a name for himself by whipping up contentious nonsense about us, just like that other twit on talk sport