Barkley

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Re: Barkley

Post by 1964white »

White Riot wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 4:17 pm Not for me mate. He's a player that's well on the slide, and we've already got a few of them from what I've witnessed this season ;-)
Barkley flatters to deceive at all the clubs he's played for.
White Riot
Superstar
Superstar

Post by White Riot »

1964white wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 4:27 pm Barkley flatters to deceive at all the clubs he's played for.
Always rings alarm bells for me Leon when a player has been round a number of decent clubs here, Villa, Everton and Chelsea, and none of them want to keep him.

I'd steer clear, but we desperately need a midfielder in to help Kalvin out.

Short, and maybe long, term solution for me is to get Bate in as he surely can't do any worse than what I've witnessed from our "midfield" this season, and pre-season. Shocking mate, gifting points every week, apart from Watford.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

White Riot wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 4:08 pm Meantime we're drowning in CBs: Llorente, Cooper, Struijk, Koch, Cresswell and wingers: James, Raphinha, Harrison, McKinstry, Summerville, McGurk, Costa still on the books :duno:

You couldn't make it up :x

Where's the balance and depth in the squad?
There is no logic for having 11 CB's/wingers combined in such a small squad. :?

Bielsa insists we have adequate cover in every position, we know different.

Forshaw, Koch (both spend more time in the treatment room) & Struijk can't play the Phillips role efficiently.

Roberts & Rodrigo are no fit in the team when Paddy is unavailable, that has been proven beyond doubt.

We leak far too many goals when Llorente is missing.

Raphinha is different class to Dan & Jack.

Unsure we have resolved the LB problem position yet!

And even more concerning, what are the alternatives to playing Klich & Dallas in the middle of the park?
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

"Barkley is Bielsa’s immediate target in the January transfer window if he can get one in"

A quote from Pete O'Rourke

He is traditionally quite a reliable source for LUFC news.

Would be very unconvinced by this.

An expensive player who's career has been on a downward spiral for years.

We have done this dance before, had hoped we had learned our lesson.
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

Just feels like a panic buy to me, and those never work out well. Didn't Villa have to pay £11m loan fee as well? So it'll be very expensive. I'd rather get John Swift.
Clacton White
First Team
First Team

Post by Clacton White »

Cjay wrote: Sun Dec 05, 2021 6:42 pm "Barkley is Bielsa’s immediate target in the January transfer window if he can get one in"

A quote from Pete O'Rourke

He is traditionally quite a reliable source for LUFC news.

Would be very unconvinced by this.

An expensive player who's career has been on a downward spiral for years.

We have done this dance before, had hoped we had learned our lesson.
Won't happen . Victor Orta , simples . Don't think Barkley would be the answer anyway but I just don't see Orta getting anything done in January , not enough time for him to piss about umming and erring then deciding on someone else etc etc .