Bielsa out

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.

Do you want Bielsa out now?

Out, he's lost the plot
11%
Stay, he knows what he's doing and he'll right the ship
89%

Total votes: 37

Orange Box
Manager
Manager

Re: Bielsa out

Post by Orange Box »

In the ancient Roman tradition, my thumb is wavering. The next 48 hours will tell for me whether it I go 👍 or 👎 . Sacking someone should never be a flippant choice, and there are some good arguments posted on here. But could I sit by and watch our team slide into oblivion? (Obviously that’s a rhetorical question because I have no power to do other)
My big question is would Radz have the bottle to do the deed? I don’t know the bloke but my guess is not.
WARNING: During game time, any post I make is not to be taken seriously, neither is it meant as offence. I'm a hot-blooded creature prone to moments of exasperation and expletive.
rab_rant

Post by rab_rant »

Orange Box wrote:In the ancient Roman tradition, my thumb is wavering. The next 48 hours will tell for me whether it I go Image or Image . Sacking someone should never be a flippant choice, and there are some good arguments posted on here. But could I sit by and watch our team slide into oblivion? (Obviously that’s a rhetorical question because I have no power to do other)
My big question is would Radz have the bottle to do the deed? I don’t know the bloke but my guess is not.
We are only singing when we are winning.

Sent from my Redmi Note 8 Pro using Tapatalk

Orange Box
Manager
Manager

Post by Orange Box »

rab_rant wrote: Fri Oct 22, 2021 10:12 am We are only singing when we are winning.

Sent from my Redmi Note 8 Pro using Tapatalk
So true, and we play in the championship when we’re losing.
WARNING: During game time, any post I make is not to be taken seriously, neither is it meant as offence. I'm a hot-blooded creature prone to moments of exasperation and expletive.
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

Johnboy1965 wrote: Fri Oct 22, 2021 8:17 am I agree with CJ that the club are somewhat held to ransom in so much as we all know that this squad is specifically moulded to Bielsaball and its doubtful that any available alternative coach would be able to do any better.
It is interesting how people say this squad is moulded to Bielsaball and that no coach would be able to do better then in almost the same breath suggest that Bielsa should alter the tactics.....
Orange Box
Manager
Manager

Post by Orange Box »

weasel wrote: Fri Oct 22, 2021 10:40 am It is interesting how people say this squad is moulded to Bielsaball and that no coach would be able to do better then in almost the same breath suggest that Bielsa should alter the tactics.....
Is it possible that every PL manager has discovered the kryptonite for those tactics?
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

weasel wrote: Fri Oct 22, 2021 10:40 am It is interesting how people say this squad is moulded to Bielsaball and that no coach would be able to do better then in almost the same breath suggest that Bielsa should alter the tactics.....
Sometimes you have to adapt in football or in life for that matter....

Tbh, we don't seem to have a plan B.

We adopted a different style v Burnley (h) v Citeh (a) last season & guess what.....6 points.
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

1964white wrote: Fri Oct 22, 2021 10:59 am Sometimes you have to adapt in football or in life for that matter....

Tbh, we don't seem to have a plan B.

We adopted a different style v Burnley (h) v Citeh (a) last season & guess what.....6 points.
Although if we played that way every match I dare say we'd have got less points over the course of the season than we did.

Get the full squad avaialble and play the Bielsa way and we'll be fine.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

weasel wrote: Fri Oct 22, 2021 11:22 am Although if we played that way every match I dare say we'd have got less points over the course of the season than we did.

Get the full squad avaialble and play the Bielsa way and we'll be fine.
Agree to a certain extent.

Still feel we should be less gun-ho against the class teams, just as we were at the Etihad. Maybe the sending-off of Cooper made us adopt a different style in that game.
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

This is Bielsa's squad, its easier for the current manager who knows his players strengths and weaknesses to make small tweaks (say a little less intense man to man in order to prioritise a good shape) than it is for a new manager to come in, assess the squad, decide on what works and what doesnt and then implement it all during a season.

Could some of this squad play a different tactic with time with different movements and runninf patterns? Probably with the right additions and a pre season to prepare.

Could it do it instantly during a season with no additions and no real time, no.

Thats the difference imo.

Bielsa should be able to make small tweaks, he should know the squad well enough for that.

A new manager would not.
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

Cjay wrote: Fri Oct 22, 2021 12:13 pm This is Bielsa's squad, its easier for the current manager who knows his players strengths and weaknesses to make small tweaks (say a little less intense man to man in order to prioritise a good shape) than it is for a new manager to come in, assess the squad, decide on what works and what doesnt and then implement it all during a season.

Could some of this squad play a different tactic with time with different movements and runninf patterns? Probably with the right additions and a pre season to prepare.

Could it do it instantly during a season with no additions and no real time, no.

Thats the difference imo.

Bielsa should be able to make small tweaks, he should know the squad well enough for that.

A new manager would not.
Bielsa makes small tweaks all the time. Some fans though seem to suggest major changes and that just isn't practical, it can work on a computer game but real life football is different. Might work as a one off to cause the opposition problems but overall the Bielsa way gets the most out of these players by a long way.
TwatsBack
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Twitter: @armleywhite

Post by TwatsBack »

Voted for him to stay. However, Isn't this Bielsa's problems at all his previous clubs? Gets a team fired up and playing good football, but then all the other teams gets wind of his tactics and makes the necessary adjustments to be able to counter successfully. Bielsa then buggers off? Stay up or not, I reckon he'll sod off at the end of the season, no matter what?
Yup, it's me.
hector

Post by hector »

TwatsBack wrote: Fri Oct 22, 2021 12:58 pm Voted for him to stay. However, Isn't this Bielsa's problems at all his previous clubs? Gets a team fired up and playing good football, but then all the other teams gets wind of his tactics and makes the necessary adjustments to be able to counter successfully. Bielsa then buggers off? Stay up or not, I reckon he'll sod off at the end of the season, no matter what?
f**k me... the ghost of Christmas past...!!!
How ya doin Si?? nice to hear from you again..

:) :)

I agree I think this is his last season, but for him to go before the end, will be a disaster for us all, as the players will flounder without his input.
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

weasel wrote: Fri Oct 22, 2021 12:44 pm Bielsa makes small tweaks all the time. Some fans though seem to suggest major changes and that just isn't practical, it can work on a computer game but real life football is different. Might work as a one off to cause the opposition problems but overall the Bielsa way gets the most out of these players by a long way.
I agree major changes aren't practical but that imo is because the squad hasn't the depth or talent to adapt to those changes and probably Bielsa hasn't the inclination to make them as we know by now.

The fact we have built what imo is a largely inflexible squad is poor management imo and that is down to Bielsa's wishes.

However his plan A stuff has largely worked, but now we will see whether what I suspect is true, the style and intensity has a ceiling and we have hit it.

I have felt that for some time, without changes we would struggle eventually and that has come to pass.

Now Bielsa earns his money, for me a manager truly earns his money when things aren't going well and we are in those times now.

Imo the squad size isn't an excuse because that is how he wants it, the injuries aren't an excuse because they are part of football and MB wants a small squad so he accepts that as a consequence.

Whilst we can't make big changes I would like to see a slight relaxing of the pressing and man to man system in order to maintain a shape and provide greater stability.
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

1964white wrote: Fri Oct 22, 2021 11:57 am Agree to a certain extent.

Still feel we should be less gun-ho against the class teams, just as we were at the Etihad. Maybe the sending-off of Cooper made us adopt a different style in that game.
I do think the sending off of Cooper meant we had little choice but to be more defensive. I think if we played that match 99 more times we'd proabbly lose the lot but on that day we hald firm and nicked the goal at the end.

THe Burnley match I felt we didn't try to play like we did we were just poor but agan nicked a goal and rode our luck. Play like we did like that again and we'd probably lose every time.
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

In, because the squad isn't good enough and no manager will improve them, but the blame with that lies with Bielsa. I said I think we should change in the summer. The club needs to move on from the ageing players and sentiment, and if he's unable to do that, then he is holding the club back. Imperative we stay up, as we'll be stuck in the Championship for years. It would be Bielsa's fault if we go down though.