Please give your reaction

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Mountain
First Team
First Team

Re: Please give your reaction

Post by Mountain »

liggy wrote: Tue Nov 09, 2021 3:56 pm Leeds united will always attract a good manager
We've had some awful managers

Paul Heckingbottom
Thomas Christiansen
Steve Evans
Uwe Rosler
Darko Milanic
Dave Hockaday
Dennis Wise

And some so so types

Brian McDermott
Neil Redfearn
Neil Warnock
Gary McAllister
Kevin Blackwell
Eddie Gray
Peter Reid

I don't see why Leeds would be immune from making a wrong appointment and dropping like a stone. It can happen to any club bar maybe 4 or 5 whose wealth makes it highly unlikely.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

We've had 5, maybe 6 good managers in 60 years ... odds are the next one will be a poor one for us...
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
liggy
First Team
First Team

Post by liggy »

Mountain wrote: Wed Nov 10, 2021 12:19 pm We've had some awful managers

Paul Heckingbottom
Thomas Christiansen
Steve Evans
Uwe Rosler
Darko Milanic
Dave Hockaday
Dennis Wise

And some so so types

Brian McDermott
Neil Redfearn
Neil Warnock
Gary McAllister
Kevin Blackwell
Eddie Gray
Peter Reid

I don't see why Leeds would be immune from making a wrong appointment and dropping like a stone. It can happen to any club bar maybe 4 or 5 whose wealth makes it highly unlikely.
I stick buy what I said
Blame the useless fookers who picked them

please refrain from being so bloody negative
If WBA can go up n down like whores knickers
Then Leeds can do the same aimho dyor
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

mentalcase wrote: Wed Nov 10, 2021 10:08 am How you can say that is unbelievable !!
We had one cracking season back in top division, Don's United were arguably the best team in Europe and lauded by everyone.
Meslier better than sprake, maybe, but not better than Harvey, after that, there's only Raphina who could come anywhere near as close as any of Don's team
Raphina better than Johannason / Gray !!! No chance, also could he hack it in those days, doubt he would get up from some of those challenges.
Phillips better than Collins / Bremner oh dear oh dear.
The rest of this team couldn't lace the boots of Revie' ace's.
Do you actually read posts before spouting your nonsensical replies. I said that the Revie players were better players. Not once did I say the players we have under Bielsa were better players. The point I made, if you could be bothered to read my post properly, is that the style of football we play under Bielsa is the best we have played, the tempo, the speed of movement etc. When we play at our best under Bielsa the football is beautiful to watch.

If the Revie side played the Bielsa way then I don't even think the dodgy refs could have stopped us.
mentalcase

Post by mentalcase »

weasel wrote: Wed Nov 10, 2021 2:21 pm Do you actually read posts before spouting your nonsensical replies. I said that the Revie players were better players. Not once did I say the players we have under Bielsa were better players. The point I made, if you could be bothered to read my post properly, is that the style of football we play under Bielsa is the best we have played, the tempo, the speed of movement etc. When we play at our best under Bielsa the football is beautiful to watch.

If the Revie side played the Bielsa way then I don't even think the dodgy refs could have stopped us.
Apologies for getting it wrong, and ,YES, I thought after i'd sent it that it didn't sit right from anyone who could have seen the great team that Don built, I simply rushed out the house.
Even my "spouting nonsensical replies " it got a good reaction.
Even in full flow, MB' team aren't a patch on DR' :tup:
"Critics are men that watch a battle from a high place, then come down and shoot the survivors"
rab_rant

Post by rab_rant »

Paul Heckingbottom
Thomas Christiansen
Steve Evans
Uwe Rosler
Darko Milanic
Dave Hockaday
Dennis Wise
IMG_20211110_173710.jpg
'ere mate wot about me old mucker 'El Tel Venables' whose first job at 'is Catalan club was to sell Diego Maradona, widely seen as the world's best player, to Napoli for £6.9 million; now there wos a manager.😂🤪
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

mentalcase wrote: Wed Nov 10, 2021 3:18 pm Apologies for getting it wrong, and ,YES, I thought after i'd sent it that it didn't sit right from anyone who could have seen the great team that Don built, I simply rushed out the house.
Even my "spouting nonsensical replies " it got a good reaction.
Even in full flow, MB' team aren't a patch on DR' :tup:
Apology accepted. It would be great to have the talented players that we had under the likes of Revie, Wilko and even O'Leary and see how they would have been in this Bielsa side. Like you said in your mangled earlier response there is probably only Raphinha out of the current team that could get near the Revie starting line-up. A fully fit Llorente would probably make the bench. I think that is what makes watching this team even more special is that they can play such beautiful football despite most of them being written of by us fans. Forget even the Revie side and throw a McAllister, a Strachan, JFH or Yeboah, Dacourt, Woodgate etc at Bielsa and we could ask to be doing better but throw the players we currently have at Wilko or Revie and it would be interesting to see how the team would do.
mentalcase

Post by mentalcase »

weasel wrote: Wed Nov 10, 2021 3:39 pm Apology accepted. It would be great to have the talented players that we had under the likes of Revie, Wilko and even O'Leary and see how they would have been in this Bielsa side. Like you said in your mangled earlier response there is probably only Raphinha out of the current team that could get near the Revie starting line-up. A fully fit Llorente would probably make the bench. I think that is what makes watching this team even more special is that they can play such beautiful football despite most of them being written of by us fans. Forget even the Revie side and throw a McAllister, a Strachan, JFH or Yeboah, Dacourt, Woodgate etc at Bielsa and we could ask to be doing better but throw the players we currently have at Wilko or Revie and it would be interesting to see how the team would do.
Many valid points El weasel
:duno: Maybe we should start a thread about Revie' Aces and what it was like in those days to now, might have been done already !!
"Critics are men that watch a battle from a high place, then come down and shoot the survivors"
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

Paul Heckingbottom
Thomas Christiansen
Steve Evans
Uwe Rosler
Darko Milanic
Dave Hockaday
Dennis Wise

And some so so types

Brian McDermott
Neil Redfearn
Neil Warnock
Gary McAllister
Kevin Blackwell
Eddie Gray
Peter Reid

When we were a mid table Championship team with no money. A PL Leeds United is a much more attractive proposition.