Summer 2022 transfer speculation and squad discussion

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Lumiukko
First Team
First Team

Re: January 2022 transfer speculation and squad discussion

Post by Lumiukko »

Is there a case for bringing Bogusz and Davis back from their respective loans in January (if the contract says it is possible)? Both were doing very well last time I checked in on them (admittedly a while ago).
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Love to see Bogusz back, instant creative #10
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
Lumiukko
First Team
First Team

Post by Lumiukko »

faaip wrote: Thu Dec 16, 2021 8:20 pm Love to see Bogusz back, instant creative #10
Me too. He's picked up a lot of experience of late, and has always been a talent. Maybe now is his time, and comes without cost.
MightyWhites
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by MightyWhites »

Lumiukko wrote: Fri Dec 17, 2021 7:57 pm Me too. He's picked up a lot of experience of late, and has always been a talent. Maybe now is his time, and comes without cost.
He's playing in a league far lower in quality than the Premier. Dream on if you think he's going to make a difference.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

MightyWhites wrote: Sat Dec 18, 2021 12:17 am He's playing in a league far lower in quality than the Premier. Dream on if you think he's going to make a difference.
Welcome back, Mighty :tup:
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

Unfortunately the sun and Alan Nixon talk bollocks for a living, but let's hope on this occasion they're right
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

SG90 wrote: Sun Dec 19, 2021 12:00 am Unfortunately the sun and Alan Nixon talk bollocks for a living, but let's hope on this occasion they're right
Youngish previously highly rated player at a big club with documented attitude issues . . . . What could possibly go wrong
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Newcastle apparently interested in appointing Mr Angry as DOF.

Best news I've heard all day.
Signed

King Cjay

Lumiukko
First Team
First Team

Post by Lumiukko »

MightyWhites wrote: Sat Dec 18, 2021 12:17 am He's playing in a league far lower in quality than the Premier. Dream on if you think he's going to make a difference.
Well given our absolute lack of midfielders, potential lack of money for players, and that he's at least had a good season so far, might be time to see if he can swim and fulfill his undoubted talent. Putting that aside, who would YOU (realistically) like to see come in?
MightyWhites
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by MightyWhites »

Lumiukko wrote: Sun Dec 19, 2021 6:35 pm Well given our absolute lack of midfielders, potential lack of money for players, and that he's at least had a good season so far, might be time to see if he can swim and fulfill his undoubted talent. Putting that aside, who would YOU (realistically) like to see come in?
I can't suggest anyone realistically as I don't know what the budget is - if there is one. I said at the start of the season we needed two CM and we got none. Are there any decent one's available? The majority of our problems stem from resting on our laurels and having a diabolical Summer transfer window. I'm sure the choice of players available then was a lot better than it's going to be in January.
Lumiukko
First Team
First Team

Post by Lumiukko »

MightyWhites wrote: Mon Dec 20, 2021 5:23 pm I can't suggest anyone realistically as I don't know what the budget is - if there is one. I said at the start of the season we needed two CM and we got none. Are there any decent one's available? The majority of our problems stem from resting on our laurels and having a diabolical Summer transfer window. I'm sure the choice of players available then was a lot better than it's going to be in January.
On that we can agree on. I do think we're going to struggle to find any high quality MF come in during January. Swift from Reading is one rumour which seems to stick, but beyond that there won't be anyone of higher calibre.
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

I just hope we dont mess about till the end of January.

Would be nice to be organised for a change

We should be making deals now so they can be signed and sealed first week of January
Signed

King Cjay

1964white

Post by 1964white »

Cjay wrote: Mon Dec 20, 2021 9:09 pm I just hope we dont mess about till the end of January.

Would be nice to be organised for a change

We should be making deals now so they can be signed and sealed first week of January
Fat chance of that, Cjay

Not how LUFC transfer windows operate.
velo
Manager
Manager

Post by velo »

1964white wrote: Mon Dec 20, 2021 10:35 pm Fat chance of that, Cjay

Not how LUFC transfer windows operate.
You are more than likely right, but for someone looking to cash in on the club, Radz is playing with fire, even Doris from Cornwall can see we need quality players in NOW not in the summer
Stop worryin' about what people say, when it ain't gonna stop them anyway.

Hater of Liars, Cheats and Trolls

Freedom of speech is not allowed if it upsets the mods
1964white

Post by 1964white »

velo wrote: Tue Dec 21, 2021 3:37 am You are more than likely right, but for someone looking to cash in on the club, Radz is playing with fire, even Doris from Cornwall can see we need quality players in NOW not in the summer
We can't go on as we are, every PL outfit are quite capable of giving us a tonking right now.

I fear the excuses will come out why we can't improve the squad.

What is important if we do make any signings, we bring in players who are going to settle in quickly & do the job required.
velo
Manager
Manager

Post by velo »

1964white wrote: Tue Dec 21, 2021 6:37 am We can't go on as we are, every PL outfit are quite capable of giving us a tonking right now.

I fear the excuses will come out why we can't improve the squad.

What is important if we do make any signings, we bring in players who are going to settle in quickly & do the job required.
Good luck with that the induction course alone is 3 months
Stop worryin' about what people say, when it ain't gonna stop them anyway.

Hater of Liars, Cheats and Trolls

Freedom of speech is not allowed if it upsets the mods
Chilli D
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Chilli D »

velo wrote: Tue Dec 21, 2021 3:37 am You are more than likely right, but for someone looking to cash in on the club, Radz is playing with fire, even Doris from Cornwall can see we need quality players in NOW not in the summer
Doris from Cornwall is usually spot on with her opinions and highly respected in the football community.
The flowers of common sense do not grow in everyone's garden
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

I have zero confidence that we will sign anyone in January. And even if we do, we'll probably massively overpay for O'Brien on deadline day or something.
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

I see Kvaratskhelia is being linked with West Ham now, sob. :cry:
CanuckMightyWhite
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by CanuckMightyWhite »

A Nahitan Nandez caliber player plus a Championship prized asset such as Swift is need of the hour.
Pretty confident we will get a couple in, even if one is on loan with an option to buy in the summer.