Brenden Aaronson

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Irish Ian
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Re: Brenden Aaronson

Post by Irish Ian »

Probably the hardest role to play in the team, it takes a special talent to pull it off imo.

Perhaps it has just been too much too soon for the lad. A huge role in the toughest league in the world.

Perhaps next season he can find his footing
'
"Football is about the people and the players,” he said. “Then there are those who will mingle in the middle: the coaches, executives and journalists. That last group represents the worst part about football" Marcelo Bielsa
BlackHillsPaul
First Team
First Team

Post by BlackHillsPaul »

IF we are relegated Brenden is one of the players that I hope we will keep. I think playing in the Championship would be good for him. The game would slow down for him a bit with just a little more time on the ball. I think it would build his confidence back up. He can become the playmaking force we know he can be. The player that I saw in World Cup Qualifying for USA. The kid that was lighting it up in MLS. And the youngster that looked so promising in Champion's League with Salzburg.

The other thing I will say about Brenden is that he is the kind of player and person that Leeds fans love. He works his socks off every minute he's on the pitch. And he is a good representative of the club. He WANTS to be at Leeds. And he's loyal. So I really hope that people continue to back him. And I think most will.

We are all frustrated with his current form.
Football/Futbol/Soccer
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

Irish Ian wrote: Wed Apr 26, 2023 2:24 pm Probably the hardest role to play in the team, it takes a special talent to pull it off imo.

Perhaps it has just been too much too soon for the lad. A huge role in the toughest league in the world.

Perhaps next season he can find his footing
Brenden will be alright at that level, the Jack Grealish of the championship.
Irish Ian
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Irish Ian »

1964white wrote: Wed Apr 26, 2023 3:16 pm Brenden will be alright at that level, the Jack Grealish of the championship.
Good description!
'
"Football is about the people and the players,” he said. “Then there are those who will mingle in the middle: the coaches, executives and journalists. That last group represents the worst part about football" Marcelo Bielsa
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Fulham

Good
2 runs
2 interceptions
1 decent pass
1 tackle

Bad
5 lost possession
4 fell over
1 poor cross
1 dribbled past

Why is he starting ahead of others?
1964white

Post by 1964white »

West Ham

Good
1 run
1 decent pass

Bad
1 lost possession

The usual non-contribution from Brenden in the 30 minutes he was on the pitch, a sheer waste of space

1/10
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
Victor_Notts-17
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Re: Brenden Aaronson- Expected to depart this summer

Post by Victor_Notts-17 »

He's deffo going: he has a release clause... https://insidefutbol.com/2023/05/29/lee ... ed/604992/
Jaydog
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Jaydog »

Bye bye Brenden, don’t fall over on the way out…
Ipswich won’t fade. As predicted.
Jaydog
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Jaydog »

Victor_Notts-17 wrote: Mon May 29, 2023 1:15 pm He's deffo going: he has a release clause... https://insidefutbol.com/2023/05/29/lee ... ed/604992/
See above :roflmao:
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

Cjay wrote: Mon May 29, 2023 1:04 pm
Can't imagine a long list of suitors
Victor_Notts-17
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Victor_Notts-17 »

Yeah I saw it after I posted :tup:
Jaydog
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Jaydog »

Victor_Notts-17 wrote: Mon May 29, 2023 1:30 pm Yeah I saw it after I posted :tup:
At least that’s one muppet out the door. 16 to go
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

He would be too lightweight for the Championship anyway. Imagine him up against Millwall or Birmingham. He was out of depth v Cardiff in the cup too.
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

I think the release clause is fairly moot as, given what we paid for him, I would expect that it would be higher than any teams interested in him would be willing to pay. Sort of like when Hadi Sacko had something like an £80m release clause - any team could therefore buy him but no one was going to be so desperate to sign him that they would trigger the release clause.

Would be more concerned if Adams and Gnonto had release clauses as they are probably our only 2 players worth more than we paid for them and as such relegation release clauses may mean that we wouldn't get market value for them.
Irish Ian
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Irish Ian »

He was perhaps the failure of the season.

One of the dangers of overseas players is some find it so hard to settle to the tempo of the football, I wonder if he will settle in the UK.
First season especially can be so hard.
I wonder if Leeds have actually done a lot of the hard yards in breaking him in. He might do well somewhere else.

Brighton might like his energy

Bought for £25M was it? Lets hope we get £15M
'
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

weasel wrote: Mon May 29, 2023 1:37 pm I think the release clause is fairly moot as, given what we paid for him, I would expect that it would be higher than any teams interested in him would be willing to pay. Sort of like when Hadi Sacko had something like an £80m release clause - any team could therefore buy him but no one was going to be so desperate to sign him that they would trigger the release clause.

Would be more concerned if Adams and Gnonto had release clauses as they are probably our only 2 players worth more than we paid for them and as such relegation release clauses may mean that we wouldn't get market value for them.
I think Sander Berge had a £35m relegation clause with the blunts, but no one was interested paying it.
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

weasel wrote: Mon May 29, 2023 1:37 pm I think the release clause is fairly moot as, given what we paid for him, I would expect that it would be higher than any teams interested in him would be willing to pay. Sort of like when Hadi Sacko had something like an £80m release clause - any team could therefore buy him but no one was going to be so desperate to sign him that they would trigger the release clause.

They are relegation release clauses, Hadi Sacko's wasn't.

Relegation ones tend to be lower than market value as they are insisted on by agents to protect there players.

Club insists on large relegation wage reduction clauses as we have so agent insists on a low release clause.

Case in point Raph had one between £20-25mil.

Phil has already said basically all of them have clauses.

Think we will be shocked by how little we actually get for our players.
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
Irish Ian
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Irish Ian »

Cjay wrote: Mon May 29, 2023 1:42 pm

This is probably the biggest jeopardy we have currently

With no manager or DOF there will be no-one to put the case to the players who we would prefer to keep.
It will all boil down to basically reducing the wage bill and ensuring that we are financially viable next season.
'
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

Cjay wrote: Mon May 29, 2023 1:42 pm

Think I'll be shocked if anyone wants 'em