MB Post Newcastle

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

MB Post Newcastle

Post by Cjay »

Bielsa's here - confused how you lost?

We had many moments to unbalance the game. We could unbalance them a lot, but we couldn't convert. Normally, in the games where you could score and you don't, some detail unbalances the game against you. I have the sensation that's what happened. Even if in the last 15 minutes we failed to create enough danger, prior to that in the rest of the game we had done enough to be ahead

Side was trying to force things in the last 20? Poor decisions?

We always got to the final third with ease. We could pick the final pass, whether it be from out wide or through the centre, but in the closing of the game we were lacking clarity. We lost the capacity to go on the outside. I changed Raphinha and Harrison's sides. I saw all the play was going down the left and Raphinha is our most unbalancing player. Apart from there on, the opposite happened. From there on, the ball started going down the right where Raphinha was initially. That prevented us from getting behind on both sides. Until that moment, we had it down the right. With fewer balls available, we had it down the left because Harrison was making contributions.

After, I thought with Tyler, Gelhardt and Rodrigo we were going to find passes inside the box, but it didn't happen. That's why I think in the moment where we had the major offensive from the team, we had Harrison, Roberts, Gelhardt, Rodrigo and Raphinha, plus Dallas and Ayling, we did not create sufficient danger.

Time wasting frustrating?

What you signalled out was evident. Those in charge have sufficient tools to prevent it.

Forshaw would have been important in the final stages?

No, the role of Forshaw, Klich occupied it today. At the end of the game we had two CAMs who have the ability to unbalance with five players in front of them. I don't think the features of Forshaw would have improved this situation. Tyler and Rodrigo who have the ability to find that final pass and also to receive it. Forshaw is a player who links himself with our DM and AM. Less with our nine

A natural CF like Bamford would have helped first half?

When you have chances and you don't score them it's natural you refer to a goal scorer. The offensive game of the team was sufficient.

Frustrated?

Very frustrating. It was a game to show our differences, to have some consistency and it was a very important opportunity we couldn't take advantage of.

Bamford back after the break?

I have my doubts. I'm not sure. It's not just about being able to count on him, it's that he arrives in conditions to show his game. A player who has gone so long without playing, it opens up a question mark, after he is healthy, how long he needs to show his regularity.

Were you tempted to bring Joe Gelhardt on any earlier? Why didn't you?

I thought of Gelhardt and Tyler to do the role of James or Rodrigo, but Rodrigo only lost importance towards the end of the game. Given that James was on a caution, I thought Tyler was the first step to unbalance the game and that's how I did it. And whilst Klich was playing well I preferred to have three players who could score. And because Joffy can nick a goal and Tyler and Rodrigo also have characteristics of a No. 9, football has those things, we created more chances when we had Klich and James than when Tyler and Gelhardt came on.
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Re: MB Post Newcastle

Post by Cjay »

Bamford can't be relied upon now for the season.

Joffy is still behind Roberts in the pecking order
Signed

King Cjay

MightyWhites
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by MightyWhites »

How Joffy is behind Roberts is a mystery to me. I'd get rid of Roberts and Rodrigo as they offer nothing. El Loco as equally to blame for that shambles with the subs he made.
mentalcase

Post by mentalcase »

Its why we're in the position we're in, having roberts in the squad is bad enough, having him take a decent players place is criminal.
I don't think we'll see much of bamford this season, no doubt bielsa will use roberts instead of james as CF, giving him chance 675.
"Critics are men that watch a battle from a high place, then come down and shoot the survivors"
VinnysTattoo
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by VinnysTattoo »

Like I’ve said in another post, Roberts must be phenomenal in training because when he has come on as a sub he has had next to no impact on a game.

Seems to me James and Roberts will be first choice up front. Blimey, how depressing.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

Paddy prefers to be cradling his new born, rather than scoring goals for Leeds :(
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Cjay wrote: Sat Jan 22, 2022 5:56 pm
Were you tempted to bring Joe Gelhardt on any earlier? Why didn't you?

I thought of Gelhardt and Tyler to do the role of James or Rodrigo, but Rodrigo only lost importance towards the end of the game. Given that James was on a caution, I thought Tyler was the first step to unbalance the game and that's how I did it. And whilst Klich was playing well I preferred to have three players who could score. And because Joffy can nick a goal and Tyler and Rodrigo also have characteristics of a No. 9, football has those things, we created more chances when we had Klich and James than when Tyler and Gelhardt came on.
Untrue Marcelo.

How many goals have those three scored this season?
wilsdenwhite
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by wilsdenwhite »

Get Brereton in, give Blackburn 15m + Roberts

Aaronson in, Rodrigo out.

That would be a start for me at least.
|||L|||E|||E|||D|||S|||
mentalcase

Post by mentalcase »

wilsdenwhite wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 4:01 pm Get Brereton in, give Blackburn 15m + Roberts

Aaronson in, Rodrigo out.

That would be a start for me at least.
Roberts is not worth that much.
"Critics are men that watch a battle from a high place, then come down and shoot the survivors"
velo
Manager
Manager

Post by velo »

Cjay wrote: Sat Jan 22, 2022 5:57 pm Bamford can't be relied upon now for the season.

Joffy is still behind Roberts in the pecking order
So thats, Barndoor, Phillips, Cooper, Forshaw and Firpo out, and we wonder why we don't win?
Stop worryin' about what people say, when it ain't gonna stop them anyway.

Hater of Liars, Cheats and Trolls

Freedom of speech is not allowed if it upsets the mods
wilsdenwhite
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by wilsdenwhite »

mentalcase wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 4:06 pm Roberts is not worth that much.
Not quite sure I understand what you mean.

I'm valuing Brereton 17 to 20m in the current window. Roberts about 5m.
|||L|||E|||E|||D|||S|||
CHAPELALLMAN
Manager
Manager

Post by CHAPELALLMAN »

1964white wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 2:59 pm Paddy prefers to be cradling his new born, rather than scoring goals for Leeds :(
And being paid 75K a week for it - and some people think he's a saint if he gives a few laptops to a kid's school...
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

1964white wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 3:02 pm Untrue Marcelo.

How many goals have those three scored this season?
4 in 24 matches worth of minutes.

Awful.
Signed

King Cjay

1964white

Post by 1964white »

Cjay wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 7:04 pm 4 in 24 matches worth of minutes.

Awful.
Explains why we didn't equalise yesterday :tup:
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

1964white wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 7:08 pm Explains why we didn't equalise yesterday :tup:
Our attacking stats this season are pathetic.

Only Raph and Bamford are in the goal every 200mins category (not brilliant but it's ok).

The rest are 400,500, 600minutes which is absolutely awful.

Dallas ( know you adore him) only has 1 goal in 20 games worth of minutes, it's dreadful and the worst in the squad. Tbf though that is how Dallas has been 90% of his time here, his end product always was crap which is why we stopped using him as a winger.

The 3 Harrison scored saved him because he was not far off being as bad as Dallas and is with Gelhardt the only pair in the 300 minute range.

It's dreadful all round really.
Signed

King Cjay

1964white

Post by 1964white »

Cjay wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 7:18 pm.

Dallas ( know you adore him) only has 1 goal in 20 games worth of minutes, it's dreadful and the worst in the squad. Tbf though that is how Dallas has been 90% of his time here, his end product always was crap which is why we stopped using him as a winger.
The problem for Dallas, he's had to cover in both full-back positions far too often this season.

That's why I was hoping Hjelde would retain his LB position as Dallas is more likely to score than Klich & Koch, we can't rely on Rodrigo for goals, same when Forshaw plays. We lost the midfield to a certain extent without Stuart in the spine of our team yesterday.

Those scoring stats are horrible, we are totally reliant on Raphinha plus Bamford who we've hardly seen all season.

I'm sure Gelhardt would score & provide goals if Bielsa was prepared to use his undoubted talent more regularly, it's all about ten minutes here ten minutes there for Joffy, which is a crying shame!
Norm
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Norm »

1964white wrote:

Paddy prefers to be cradling his new born, rather than scoring goals for Leeds :(
A bit mean Leon - as he's injured he can't do much else can he? A tad bit of a difference between 'cradling' and scoring.

When he's fit and well he's certainly proved himself time and again.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Norm wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 8:14 pm A bit mean Leon - as he's injured he can't do much else can he? A tad bit of a difference between 'cradling' and scoring.

When he's fit and well he's certainly proved himself time and again.
Just a little quip, Norm

Let's hope Paddy returns sooner than later.
billysboots
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by billysboots »

Wow, Bielsa’s stubbornness is breathtaking.
He’s going to continue with the Rodrigo/Roberts/James scenario and nothing or nobody is going to deter him from it.
A centre forward would have most likely got us a goal in the first half.
There Is Only One United.
mentalcase

Post by mentalcase »

wilsdenwhite wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 4:31 pm Not quite sure I understand what you mean.

I'm valuing Brereton 17 to 20m in the current window. Roberts about 5m.
Apologies here, I was being flippant, Roberts to me and my moronic mind is worth less than the sum combined.
A little joke in my own head, I too would offer the amount you said in order to get a player in to sort out the current mess , won't happen like.
We are stuck with what we have ,