Your Lows Of The 2021/22 Season.

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Re: Your Lows Of The 2021/22 Season.

Post by whiteswan »

1964white wrote: Tue Jun 28, 2022 12:51 pm You've never forgiven Paddy for that stupid exuberant celebration, Swannie.

Who'd have thought Burnley would win those three games in hand, injuries and fatigue caught up with them, plus their luck ran out in the end.
No I haven't. He could have cost us our premier league Status with his selfish celebration!

I couldn't believe those three Burnley wins, made me feel sick to my stomach.....
Irish Ian
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Irish Ian »

Losing that last min pen away to Chelsea.

I wanted them to make Klich walk back to Yorkshire.
'
"Football is about the people and the players,” he said. “Then there are those who will mingle in the middle: the coaches, executives and journalists. That last group represents the worst part about football" Marcelo Bielsa
velo
Manager
Manager

Post by velo »

whiteswan wrote: Tue Jun 28, 2022 8:47 pm True velo, I was ecstatic at the final whistle final game.
I think we all were Swannie
Stop worryin' about what people say, when it ain't gonna stop them anyway.

Hater of Liars, Cheats and Trolls

Freedom of speech is not allowed if it upsets the mods
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

Irish Ian wrote: Tue Jun 28, 2022 9:06 pm Losing that last min pen away to Chelsea.

I wanted them to make Klich walk back to Yorkshire.
That's a good one Ian (great you are back by the way :) )

Klich should have been made to walk the plank over the River Thames for what he did :x
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

Great topic Leon.....
Kennyb41
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Kennyb41 »

I only have the two very very very low points

But ain't allowed to say it, it was followed by the other low i'm not allowed to name as per the rules of the thread in post 1.
Not dependent on Google, the www or 'stats' - Just a guy that puts his eyes to full use on the beautiful game :geek:

;@)
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

whiteswan wrote: Wed Jun 29, 2022 12:08 am That's a good one Ian (great you are back by the way :) )

Klich should have been made to walk the plank over the River Thames for what he did :x
We need to become more savvy in the PL & cut out those silly challenges as players go down at the slightest touch, that brute of a man Rudger stood in our box & waited for someone to give him a nudge, Klich, Firpo, Coops, Ayling, etc are all guilty of committing fouls at times when standing your ground would be a better ploy.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Kennyb41 wrote: Wed Jun 29, 2022 7:11 am I only have the two very very very low points

But ain't allowed to say it, it was followed by the other low i'm not allowed to name as per the rules of the thread in post 1.
Thanks for sticking to the golden rule as stated in my opening post, Kenny :tup:
1964white

Post by 1964white »

whiteswan wrote: Wed Jun 29, 2022 12:09 am Great topic Leon.....
Thank you, Swannie :-D
Byebyegeegee
First Team
First Team

Post by Byebyegeegee »

As you’ve implied 64 the whole season was grim and even coming into the last game our fate wasn’t in our own hands. Had Burnley won their game we would still have gone down despite our last gasp win against 9 man Brentford. However, the relief in the end engendered a massive high in me for days afterwards and is still palpable now.

But, out of all the heavy defeats we suffered this season, I have to agree with Cjay and 1304 that the worst one was the 3-0 defeat by Everton. You could make mitigating excuses for a lot of the others, top 6 teams etc. but there was absolutely no possible excuse for that performance against a Lampard managed dire Everton side - the out and out nadir as far as I’m concerned.

Let’s hope for better things this coming season, there again only relegation could make it any worse I think!
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Byebyegeegee wrote: Wed Jun 29, 2022 9:32 am As you’ve implied 64 the whole season was grim and even coming into the last game our fate wasn’t in our own hands. Had Burnley won their game we would still have gone down despite our last gasp win against 9 man Brentford. However, the relief in the end engendered a massive high in me for days afterwards and is still palpable now.

But, out of all the heavy defeats we suffered this season, I have to agree with Cjay and 1304 that the worst one was the 3-0 defeat by Everton. You could make mitigating excuses for a lot of the others, top 6 teams etc. but there was absolutely no possible excuse for that performance against a Lampard managed dire Everton side - the out and out nadir as far as I’m concerned.

Let’s hope for better things this coming season, there again only relegation could make it any worse I think!
I also mentioned the Everton defeat as the worst in my summary too, Byebye, worse than the spankings vs Manure, Citeh, Liverpool & Arsenal imo!

There were some highs (even though there were plenty of squeaky bum moments) as highlighted in the 'Your highs of our 2021/22 season' thread I've just posted up.
Byebyegeegee
First Team
First Team

Post by Byebyegeegee »

1964white wrote: Wed Jun 29, 2022 9:39 am I also mentioned the Everton defeat as the worst in my summary too, Byebye, worse than the spankings vs Manure, Citeh, Liverpool & Arsenal imo!

There were some highs (even though there were plenty of squeaky bum moments) as highlighted in the 'Your highs of our 2021/22 season' thread I've just posted up.
Indeed you did 64. I think you and I tend to “sing from the same hymn sheet” as far as Leeds United are concerned 👍🏻.
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

Dallas's miss v Spurs was the low point for me (in the game we lost 4-0 at ER). For all we lost 4-0, and deservedly lost, the good chances we missed summed up for me the struggles of the season and Dallas's miss when he had an open goal was the real icing on the cake.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Byebyegeegee wrote: Wed Jun 29, 2022 9:53 am Indeed you did 64. I think you and I tend to “sing from the same hymn sheet” as far as Leeds United are concerned 👍🏻.
Indeed we do :tup:
1964white

Post by 1964white »

weasel wrote: Wed Jun 29, 2022 1:28 pm Dallas's miss v Spurs was the low point for me (in the game we lost 4-0 at ER). For all we lost 4-0, and deservedly lost, the good chances we missed summed up for me the struggles of the season and Dallas's miss when he had an open goal was the real icing on the cake.
Unlike Stuart, he'd scored much more difficult chances as shown with his thirteen goals over the previous couple of seasons, the eight goals in our first season back in the Premier League was his highest goals tally in his career. Only one goal in 34 appearances last season although for much of the time he was covering Ayling/Firpo in the full-back positions, we miss the use of Dallas in midfield last season.