Wilfried Gnonto

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Ratscoot
Manager
Manager

Re: Gnonto Selling Price

Post by Ratscoot »

hector wrote: Tue Mar 21, 2023 5:30 pm Not necessarily......... I have the ban button :duno: :angel:

:) :)
:shock: :lol: :lol: :lol:
A bumble bee under the laws of physics shouldnt be able to fly, but it does because no one has told it that it can't
Chilli D
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Chilli D »

Irish Ian wrote: Tue Mar 21, 2023 10:26 pm They were two good servants to us and helped us immeasurably and deserved to play on their the big stage.
Or in Kalvin's case, sit on the big stage bench....
The flowers of common sense do not grow in everyone's garden
Irish Ian
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Irish Ian »

Cjay wrote: Tue Mar 21, 2023 10:59 pm We were more than happy to sell them and had no intention of playing hard ball.

The club even used the media to spread that message and Radz said as much 6 months before we sold them.

Hardly puts the selling club in a strong position.

Anyway I won't ever change my mind, Raph and KP being sold for less than £100mil was poor business and the club being soft touches didn't help.

All that we don't want to be obstructive nonsense they fed to Phil Hay and Radz telling the world in an interview we'd sell players in the summer.

We were in a position of weakness and it showed in the price.

Brighton turned down £70mil for Caicedo and got £50mil for Ben White.

Anyhow on topic.

I don't expect Gnonto to be sold this summer tbh
Yes we were in a weak position but the players and at least one agent Deco put us there. Tell us what we were to do? Players command so much power. Trossard forced his way out of Brighton for £20M plus

When they want to leave it's hard to get the best price.
That is football, Brighton sold well,. White sold well to Arsenal as he was groomed for that move for years, they made good money. Caicedo plays for Brighton... If you mean Cucarella, again there was a bidding war, the player was open to City or Chelsea. Sellers market then.

And no I havent saw you ever change your mind about anything,.. :lol:

Thing is, is that a strength or a weakness :tup:
If you compare yourself with others it is the road to no town.
'
"Football is about the people and the players,” he said. “Then there are those who will mingle in the middle: the coaches, executives and journalists. That last group represents the worst part about football" Marcelo Bielsa
Irish Ian
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Irish Ian »

Chilli D wrote: Wed Mar 22, 2023 10:09 am Or in Kalvin's case, sit on the big stage bench....
Currently yes, but that will change, Grealish was a bench warmer for a long time there too but you wouldn't say that now.
'
"Football is about the people and the players,” he said. “Then there are those who will mingle in the middle: the coaches, executives and journalists. That last group represents the worst part about football" Marcelo Bielsa
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

Irish Ian wrote: Wed Mar 22, 2023 11:35 am Currently yes, but that will change, Grealish was a bench warmer for a long time there too but you wouldn't say that now.
As was Mahrez and Aguero.Recently Foden couldn't get a start. Alvarez, a world cup winner, sat on the bench most games just to come on when they give Haaland a rest, a bit similar to KP coming on when the game is already won. If Rodri gets an injury KP gets games, likewise Alvarez if Haaland is out. City can afford to have 2 players for the position in case 1 gets injured. If City were running away with the league then chances are KP would have had more games. As it is though Pep has little option but to pick what he thinks is his best team for every match
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Re: Wilfried Gnonto

Post by 1964white »

1964white

Post by 1964white »

Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

1964white wrote: Sun Mar 26, 2023 7:31 pm
International break going well
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
Barlow Boy
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Barlow Boy »

Cjay wrote: Sun Mar 26, 2023 7:55 pm International break going well
Absolutely hate them.

They are boring, Interrupt the season, I don’t get to see my mates on game days at Elland Road and players risk injury which harms the club.
Don’t cry because you said goodbye to your pet, smile because you said hello
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

Barlow Boy wrote: Sun Mar 26, 2023 8:21 pm Absolutely hate them.

They are boring, Interrupt the season, I don’t get to see my mates on game days at Elland Road and players risk injury which harms the club.
I hate our players being called up. I've been posting that for years on here. Some love it when they can boast call ups but the reality is.....fe*ked players :x
I don't even need to mention that this could screw up our chances of survival.. :( .
Jimstorrie
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Re: Wilfried Gnonto injured

Post by Jimstorrie »

Brennan Johnson, arguably Forest's best player, gets a knock before their game against Newcastle but still plays.
Suddenly not fit enough to play for Wales .
No prizes for guessing whether he's available again next Tuesday.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Just when we thought we were turning a corner, losing Wober & Gnonto plus Adams injured could wreck our season. Wober's absence could affect Koch's form after they have developed a solid partnership.

The above three are our most consistent players by a country mile this season. The thing is, I don't trust their replacements.

We are so unlucky with injuries.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Hopefully it won't be too bad but Sini and Cry await to replace him.... Not worried
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
1964white

Post by 1964white »

faaip wrote: Mon Mar 27, 2023 7:03 am Hopefully it won't be too bad but Sini and Cry await to replace him.... Not worried
Admittedly, Wober would be a bigger loss.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

He would but again, I trust the defensive set up a lot more under Gracia, I'd be ok with Coop back or Struijk as the next man up. Wober shouldn't be out long if he is out at all
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

Barlow Boy wrote: Sun Mar 26, 2023 8:21 pm Absolutely hate them.

I've said it before many times I just fail to see the point of doing them midseason. Makes far more sense, to me anyway to scrap them during the season which would mean the season would be a few weeks shorter. Then you can play the international qualifications after the season ends (or before the new season starts). You have 4 or 5 weeks of playing 2 games a week and the whole qualification is done. The quality of football would be better as the players would be able to gel rather than going from playing for their club to a few days later playing with different players and different tactics.
andrewjohnsmith
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by andrewjohnsmith »

weasel wrote: Mon Mar 27, 2023 8:51 am I've said it before many times I just fail to see the point of doing them midseason. Makes far more sense, to me anyway to scrap them during the season which would mean the season would be a few weeks shorter. Then you can play the international qualifications after the season ends (or before the new season starts). You have 4 or 5 weeks of playing 2 games a week and the whole qualification is done. The quality of football would be better as the players would be able to gel rather than going from playing for their club to a few days later playing with different players and different tactics.
I've no complaints about the current format of international breaks. It's been the same in all my 40+ years of watching football.

But I do like your alternative. Would be a good idea to have a 4 week international camp at the end of the season. Would be even better for international coaches, because they'd get to keep and work with their players for a prolonged period.

One thing that was unnecessary was the Nations League. International friendlies made much more sense. I get that their idea was to make these game more meaningful. But that's more important international games putting more stress on top players. The friendlies were a god chance for coaches to try out new players. Now they have to play their best players in virtually every game. That is to much stress.
andrewjohnsmith
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by andrewjohnsmith »

faaip wrote: Mon Mar 27, 2023 7:03 am Hopefully it won't be too bad but Sini and Cry await to replace him.... Not worried
Same. Gracia has shown that he doesn't have to pin all his hopes on Gnonto. Admittedly we've looked better when he's on the pitch. But we've also shown that we can play and win with Harrison, Summerville, and Aaronson as attacking midfielders. Sinisterra coming back would be a huge plus.
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

:duno:

Definitely something about Gnonto that Gracia doesn't like.

He's no longer using the fitness excuse
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Re: Wilfried Gnonto- Sidelined by Gracia

Post by weasel »

It's just ridiculous. Bring Gnonto on tonight, instead of bringing Aaronsen on, and the crowd would have got a huge lift and we probably go on to win the game. Instead we get Aaronsen being Aaronsen, frustrating the crowd rather thab exciting them.

Would have been the perfect time to bring Gnonto on, Leicester pushing and Gnonto having the pace to exploit them on the break and also having the ability to score and create.

Whatever happens I have lost any faith I had in Gracia and even if we stay up I wouldn't want to see him stay in charge. It would simply repeat the mistake of a year ago when we kept a manager that was in charge when we stayed up rather than being the main reason we stayed up.