The #LUFC Breakfast Debate (Wednesday 21st September) - Chelsea target Orta for new Sporting Director Role

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
WestgateRun
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Re: The #LUFC Breakfast Debate (Wednesday 21st September) - Chelsea target Orta for new Sporting Director Role

Post by WestgateRun »

You know how these things go...because Orta is being courted by Chelsea, LUFC will end up giving him a pay rise to keep him.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Re: The #LUFC Breakfast Debate (Wednesday 21st September) - Chelsea target Orta for new Sporting Director Role

Post by 1964white »

WestgateRun wrote: Wed Sep 21, 2022 4:30 pm You know how these things go...because Orta is being courted by Chelsea, LUFC will end up giving him a pay rise to keep him.
Orta is already on a decent salary, spending his earnings on his jollies during the last six weeks of the transfer window :shock:
Mountain
First Team
First Team

Re: The #LUFC Breakfast Debate (Wednesday 21st September) Chelsea target Orta for new Sporting Director Role

Post by Mountain »

Cjay wrote: Wed Sep 21, 2022 2:26 pm He had a say in the player signing in the first place.

If Bielsa doesn't agree to the player coming then we don't get to the point of discussing financial.

Bielsa isn't responsible for the actual financial aspect, but he is responsible for agreeing to sign JKA in the first place.
Yes. There is the butterfly flaps its wings theory. If JKA wasn't born none of this would have happened, so his mother is as much to blame as Bielsa.

But the Court case about JKA is about the contract, not his existence, not how he came to be in Leeds. If there is fault, blame, negligence, it all centres on the paperwork. Whoever okayed the paperwork signed off on the issue that gave rise to the litigation.
Jaydog
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Jaydog »

1964white wrote: Wed Sep 21, 2022 11:25 am Nice little welcome from you Kennyboy.

I welcomed Prut & Carnell a few months ago. :lol:
Kennys welcomes are different to yours Leon.
You welcome people in a nice polite manner and Kenny does it like the Kray Twins 😂
1964white

Post by 1964white »

The big question is, will we get someone better?
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Jaydog wrote: Wed Sep 21, 2022 6:43 pm Kennys welcomes are different to yours Leon.
You welcome people in a nice polite manner and Kenny does it like the Kray Twins 😂
:rol: :rol: :rol: :rol:
Jaydog
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Jaydog »

1964white wrote: Wed Sep 21, 2022 7:02 pm The big question is, will we get someone better?
Be careful what you wish for. Is that what you mean
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Irish Ian wrote: Wed Sep 21, 2022 4:29 pm JKA pulled his hamstring. Who knew that would happen?
Then Covid arrived and he 1. Was infected leading to long covid which led to him getting depression ( new country living in isolation etc etc etc dont underestimate how that could affect a young person in a new job, country etc. ) and 2 the then had something called Guillain-Barré syndrome.

No research could have unearthed that.

None.
Given his clear lack of fitness and the intensity Bielsa demanded I think most people could predict him getting injuries.

As Phil Hay said in his article "Bielsa tried to introduce him slowly but it lead to him pulling his hamstring".

JKA worked to try and get over it tbf but again as soon as normal training resumed his body couldn't cope and by this point Bielsa and his teammates had grown frustrated.

Bielsa made it clear after this that JKA was a player he couldn't work with.

His mental health issues are sad but his bodies failure to cope with Bielsa's methods as PhilHay said in an article was predictable given his clear lack of fitness and match practice.
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Jaydog wrote: Wed Sep 21, 2022 7:05 pm Be careful what you wish for. Is that what you mean
Yes another way of saying it Jay.

Kennyboy will put us all right :lol:
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Re: The #LUFC Breakfast Debate (Wednesday 21st September) Chelsea target Orta for new Sporting Director Role

Post by Cjay »

Mountain wrote: Wed Sep 21, 2022 5:47 pm Yes. There is the butterfly flaps its wings theory. If JKA wasn't born none of this would have happened, so his mother is as much to blame as Bielsa.

But the Court case about JKA is about the contract, not his existence, not how he came to be in Leeds. If there is fault, blame, negligence, it all centres on the paperwork. Whoever okayed the paperwork signed off on the issue that gave rise to the litigation.
Yes I agree onthe paperwork and whatnot.

Whoever okayed everything is mainly at fault.

Orta is at fault for recommending a player clearly miles off the required fitness Bielsa demanded in the first place.

He and Kinnear and ultimately Radz are at fault for agreeing to such stupid terms.

And Bielsa is at fault for okaying the player as a signing in the first place.

There is a level of blame, Bielsa is bottom of it but not totally blameless.

That's all meant.
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
Jaydog
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Jaydog »

1964white wrote: Wed Sep 21, 2022 7:07 pm Yes another way of saying it Jay.

Kennyboy will put us all right :lol:
I’m sure he will 😀
I don’t really feel qualified to comment on Orta.
I’ve never done that job. And I don’t have enough behind the scenes info to make a judgement.
All I can say is if some people on here were running the courts you’d get lynched for riding a bike on the pavement.
There should be a PL table of clubs success on this front. How that would work I don’t know but it would be interesting
DDB220
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by DDB220 »

If JKA had lived up to his billing he would have been a masterstroke. We were desperate for another forward at the time and deferring payment with conditions was not a bad decision at the time. Trying to wheeze their way out of the obligations to pay having realised he could not cope with the fitness demands may prove to be the biggest error. Football is full of transfer tragedies, miss-steps and seemingly incompetence.
The biggest cause of all this for me was desperation. Small squads and injuries can create such a situation when the promotion season was in danger of suffering the same outcome as the previous one.

Orta is very very good at what he does. The nature of transfers always carry risks. Quoting De Bock and Grot who were relatively cheap and punts is hardly any grounds to suggest he has bought rubbish. The successes far out weigh the apparent failures.
Orta is highly thought of by a number of clubs across the continent - obviously Must be deluded and do not understand football as well as the average fan.
Irish Ian
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Irish Ian »

Cjay wrote: Wed Sep 21, 2022 7:06 pm Given his clear lack of fitness and the intensity Bielsa demanded I think most people could predict him getting injuries.

As Phil Hay said in his article "Bielsa tried to introduce him slowly but it lead to him pulling his hamstring".

JKA worked to try and get over it tbf but again as soon as normal training resumed his body couldn't cope and by this point Bielsa and his teammates had grown frustrated.

Bielsa made it clear after this that JKA was a player he couldn't work with.

His mental health issues are sad but his bodies failure to cope with Bielsa's methods as PhilHay said in an article was predictable given his clear lack of fitness and match practice.
He wasnt up to Leeds fitness levels when he arrived at Leeds who ever is? Noone is at Bielsas required levels when they join.
( and soon pulled his hamstring)

Blame the trainers.

The ongoing fitness issues were after the squad started together again after lockdown.
By then he had had COVID and was suffering from depression.

So again I say who could predict COVID 19 and two add on illnesses.

Not anyone.
'
"Football is about the people and the players,” he said. “Then there are those who will mingle in the middle: the coaches, executives and journalists. That last group represents the worst part about football" Marcelo Bielsa
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Jaydog wrote: Wed Sep 21, 2022 7:23 pm I’m sure he will 😀
I don’t really feel qualified to comment on Orta.
I’ve never done that job. And I don’t have enough behind the scenes info to make a judgement.
All I can say is if some people on here were running the courts you’d get lynched for riding a bike on the pavement.
There should be a PL table of clubs success on this front. How that would work I don’t know but it would be interesting
No one here has, doesn't stop them jumping to conclusions that are probably heavily biased and based on f**k all
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
Jaydog
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Jaydog »

faaip wrote: Wed Sep 21, 2022 9:22 pm No one here has, doesn't stop them jumping to conclusions that are probably heavily biased and based on f**k all
If we could only comment on what we knew about then the world would have a lot less s**t in it and therefore a thicker ozone layer. Save the planet, stop talking s**t
Kennyb41
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Kennyb41 »

DDB220 wrote: Wed Sep 21, 2022 7:33 pm If JKA had lived up to his billing he would have been a masterstroke. We were desperate for another forward at the time and deferring payment with conditions was not a bad decision at the time. Trying to wheeze their way out of the obligations to pay having realised he could not cope with the fitness demands may prove to be the biggest error. Football is full of transfer tragedies, miss-steps and seemingly incompetence.
The biggest cause of all this for me was desperation. Small squads and injuries can create such a situation when the promotion season was in danger of suffering the same outcome as the previous one.

Orta is very very good at what he does. The nature of transfers always carry risks. Quoting De Bock and Grot who were relatively cheap and punts is hardly any grounds to suggest he has bought rubbish. The successes far out weigh the apparent failures.
Orta is highly thought of by a number of clubs across the continent - obviously Must be deluded and do not understand football as well as the average fan.
Costa fckin fortune? Nearly wipes out Raph profit.

If i remember correctly our super dooper 2nd's built by our clown got relegated from a s**t league recently, a league about conference standard ?

One of the 'magic' players whom some thought will be tearing up trees in the Prem - Lewis Bate is it ? Currently plying his trade where ? Why did it not work out at Chelsea for Lewis huh? Chelsea : " offload him for a couple of mill to that fcker at Leeds, he likes backhanders"

Sam Greenwood at Arsenal, so well thought of, that they jumpd at the chance to offload him and recoup something, in fact anything. They kept Nketiah though :duno:

Have we sold anyone else for profit ?
Not dependent on Google, the www or 'stats' - Just a guy that puts his eyes to full use on the beautiful game :geek:

;@)
Kennyb41
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Kennyb41 »

faaip wrote: Wed Sep 21, 2022 9:22 pm No one here has, doesn't stop them jumping to conclusions that are probably heavily biased and based on f**k all
Here, i'll tell ya what first brought Orta to my attention, i don't usually pay naff all attention to background staff etc.

A few year back now i decided to go watch Leeds live and was in the East stand, Sack of shite was playing, this guy had 2 of the leftest feet i've ever seen in my life, he was never gonna win Strictly come dancing in a million years.

I decided to pay particular attention to him to see if i could find anything, the guy was useless, hopeless and everything else rolled into one, i thought he was on drugs.

I actually went onto a forum to discuss about him, there were actually numpties there praising him and asking for his selection in the next games !!!

It's then i found out about Orta and i also went and Googled him.

There's more i could add, but i'll finish with this : Orta went and bought him AFTER his trial period.

Now that told me everything i needed to know about the prick...

1. He's either taking backhanders or

2. He's in the wrong fcking game and must have the gift of the gab.

Btw, where is our little wonder signing playing now, did we make gazillions on him or spunk another 4m down the swannie?

Little punts accumulate.
Not dependent on Google, the www or 'stats' - Just a guy that puts his eyes to full use on the beautiful game :geek:

;@)
Irish Ian
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Irish Ian »

Jaydog wrote: Wed Sep 21, 2022 9:57 pm If we could only comment on what we knew about then the world would have a lot less s**t in it and therefore a thicker ozone layer. Save the planet, stop talking s**t
I think this forum has a pretty thick bozone layer.
'
"Football is about the people and the players,” he said. “Then there are those who will mingle in the middle: the coaches, executives and journalists. That last group represents the worst part about football" Marcelo Bielsa
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Irish Ian wrote: Thu Sep 22, 2022 7:18 am I think this forum has a pretty thick bozone layer.
lol...
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
Jaydog
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Jaydog »

Irish Ian wrote: Thu Sep 22, 2022 7:18 am I think this forum has a pretty thick bozone layer.
Boyzone maybe