Jack Harrison- Stick or twist

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.

Stay? Go? Roll the dice?

Poll ended at Mon Dec 12, 2022 11:23 pm

New contract?
19%
Sell?
58%
Keep till summer then reassess?
23%

Total votes: 31

White Riot
Superstar
Superstar

Re: Jack Harrison- Stick or twist

Post by White Riot »

1964white wrote: Thu Dec 08, 2022 6:32 pm I wish we could have kept Raphinha, no chance once Barcelona came sniffing. :(
He's also had Uncle Ronaldinho and agent Deco regaling him with bedtime Barca stories since he was a nipper 8-)
Sara
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Sara »

1964white wrote: Thu Dec 08, 2022 1:58 pm we'd have gone down last season without Marsch
I do wish people would stop stating this as if it were a fact.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

SaraM wrote: Fri Dec 09, 2022 12:06 am I do wish people would stop stating this as if it were a fact.
Just my opinion, we were on an awful run leaking goals like water coming out of a bucket, lacking confidence in all areas of the park. Remember, our midfield was being overrun & no one scoring goals upfront.

Marsch came in, tightening up our game, bringing in one or two youngsters. Rodrigo, Raphinha & Harrison found their shooting boots & we managed to find a way to stay in games, scoring many late winning/equalising goals. Our confidence had returned due to Jesse & the changes he implemented.

Unfortunately, Marcelo is like our cat (we love him to bits though), he is a habitual person, everything had to remain the same!
andrewjohnsmith
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by andrewjohnsmith »

With Summerville limping off yesterday, that highlights the need for Jackie to stick around. If he signs a new contract, which it sounds like he will, I'm fine with him staying. It shows he's committed. And it shows that Marsch believes in him.

Newcastle, of course, will be aware and might throw in another bid.
Sara
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Sara »

1964white wrote: Fri Dec 09, 2022 8:10 am Just my opinion, we were on an awful run leaking goals like water coming out of a bucket, lacking confidence in all areas of the park. Remember, our midfield was being overrun & no one scoring goals upfront.

Marsch came in, tightening up our game, bringing in one or two youngsters. Rodrigo, Raphinha & Harrison found their shooting boots & we managed to find a way to stay in games, scoring many late winning/equalising goals. Our confidence had returned due to Jesse & the changes he implemented.

Unfortunately, Marcelo is like our cat (we love him to bits though), he is a habitual person, everything had to remain the same!
It's been done to death as a discussion, and we all have our opinions, but the bottom line for me is survival was out of our hands on the final day. Marsch hadn't done enough to keep us up on our own merit; we were very lucky not to go down.
Kennyb41
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Kennyb41 »

SaraM wrote: Fri Dec 09, 2022 12:06 am I do wish people would stop stating this as if it were a fact.

Just accept it for what it is Sara, a sad attempt to launch a grenade.

Quite monotonous now.
Not dependent on Google, the www or 'stats' - Just a guy that puts his eyes to full use on the beautiful game :geek:

;@)
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

Kennyb41 wrote: Sat Dec 10, 2022 10:03 am Just accept it for what it is Sara, a sad attempt to launch a grenade.

Quite monotonous now.
Not at all Kenny boy, as Sara says we all have our own opinions.

I don't blame Marcelo or Jesse for last season's shambles as most folk on here do with one or the other, the blame rests with our irresponsible board attempting to wing it with a weak, disjointed squad. Even this seasons summer window wasn't great, we sold two experienced players & two went out on loan, then brought in three if you could call Roca, Adams & Aaronson experienced at PL level, so is our potential young squad any deeper or drastically improved since our return to the Premier League three seasons ago? I don't think so!

How the heck our coaches are supposed to manage with so many holes in their bucket or American flag, god only knows