Next Manager

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Jaydog
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Re: Next Manager

Post by Jaydog »

Kennyb41 wrote: Wed Jan 11, 2023 4:46 pm Jeez this has made me lol.

I can just see the funny side of this with our numpties all looking at each other shoulders shrugged, got to be a Monty Python sketch somewhere for it.

Anyone remember that Kit Kat advert with the 'wingbacks' ?

:lol:
I think it’s more like the Phones 4 U advert with Scary Mary. Watch that. That’s our players only it’s 4-4-2
Jaydog
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Jaydog »

Overman wrote: Wed Jan 11, 2023 4:39 pm They can't get over it, it's some sort of deeply embedded trauma. As tedious as it is, it does offer some amusement from time to time.
You need CBT for deeply embedded trauma
(Cognitive Bielsa Therapy)
Sara
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Sara »

lufc1304 wrote: Wed Jan 11, 2023 4:25 pm Graham Smyth's piece in the YEP today (maybe yesterday) suggesting the players are struggling to understand and deploy Marsch's tactics (this is a direct(ish) quote from JM). Which beggars the question, are the players dense and don't understand what they're being asked to do, is Marsch a poor communicator or do his tactics not make a lot of sense from a footballing perspective? Smyth doesn't offer answers or a fix, and I certainly can't, but this might go some way to explaining the errors we see and bemoan week in, week out.
Blaming the players for not understanding the coaching is surely an indictment of his own methods.

Don't think I'd enjoy Simeone's football, but the piss-boiling would be next level.
Sara
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Sara »

Overman wrote: Wed Jan 11, 2023 4:39 pm They can't get over it, it's some sort of deeply embedded trauma. As tedious as it is, it does offer some amusement from time to time.
What's tedious is you having to bang the same s**t drum in every thread.
Sara
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Sara »

CHAPELALLMAN wrote: Wed Jan 11, 2023 4:38 pm We have been a defensive mess ever since promotion. Both Bielsa and Marsch play a high defensive line and a pressing game. For this you need pacey defenders who anticipate well and who have great positional awareness. We have never had those types of players in the PL under either manager - that's a recruitment issue, not a system issue.

In fact under Marsch the defensive aspect has improved slightly in terms of fewer goals conceded through set pieces due to the ditching of the man marking system. However when you have CBs such as Llorente and Koch, LBs such as Alioski or Firpo and RBs such as Kristensen whilst playing in the PL with a high defensive line, you are always going to ship goals. Struijk is another one who lacks pace as a CB or LB.

The alternative is to play a park the bus style so as to take into account the limitations and general lack of pace of the defensive players.
Parking the bus or being a defensive mess are not the only alternatives.
velo
Manager
Manager

Post by velo »

Jaydog wrote: Wed Jan 11, 2023 3:48 pm I think they are unlikely to go for an obvious pick.
Marsch wasn’t obvious. I think they’ll go abroad again.
Unless Potter is available…
Hell NO !
Stop worryin' about what people say, when it ain't gonna stop them anyway.

Hater of Liars, Cheats and Trolls

Freedom of speech is not allowed if it upsets the mods
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

This is Adi Hutter, I think he'd be a decent shout

https://breakingthelines.com/tactical-a ... %20buildup.

Oliver Glasner who was actually the 1st choice of many at Leipzig to replace Nagelsmann, but the boss wanted Marsch

https://themastermindsite.com/2022/03/1 ... -analysis/

Kjetil Knutsen whose worked miracles in Norway, people praise Potter for his job in Scandinavia but Knutsen is even more amazing.

https://www.foottheball.com/manager-in- ... 20possible.

There are coaches out there we should be able to attract.

They imo have to be similar to Marsch, mid season appointment needs ease of transition (it's why Marsch to Bielsa was daft) but shown to have a bit more about them

Those 3 would be good exciting appointments and crucially should be within our grasp.
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
GreennWhite
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by GreennWhite »

Irish Ian wrote: Wed Jan 11, 2023 1:04 pm David Healy 😜
Dont even go there :lol: :lol: :lol:
Sara
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Sara »

Cjay wrote: Wed Jan 11, 2023 5:33 pm This is Adi Hutter, I think he'd be a decent shout

Oliver Glasner who was actually the 1st choice of many at Leipzig to replace Nagelsmann, but the boss wanted Marsch

Kjetil Knutsen whose worked miracles in Norway, people praise Potter for his job in Scandinavia but Knutsen is even more amazing.

They imo have to be similar to Marsch, mid season appointment needs ease of transition (it's why Marsch to Bielsa was daft) but shown to have a bit more about them

Those 3 would be good exciting appointments and crucially should be within our grasp.
Thanks CJay! 👍🏼
Tyzy
First Team
First Team

Post by Tyzy »

Corberan?
Irish Ian
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Horse Racing Re: Next Manager

Post by Irish Ian »

CHAPELALLMAN wrote: Wed Jan 11, 2023 4:38 pm We have been a defensive mess ever since promotion. Both Bielsa and Marsch play a high defensive line and a pressing game. For this you need pacey defenders who anticipate well and who have great positional awareness. We have never had those types of players in the PL under either manager - that's a recruitment issue, not a system issue.

In fact under Marsch the defensive aspect has improved slightly in terms of fewer goals conceded through set pieces due to the ditching of the man marking system. However when you have CBs such as Llorente and Koch, LBs such as Alioski or Firpo and RBs such as Kristensen whilst playing in the PL with a high defensive line, you are always going to ship goals. Struijk is another one who lacks pace as a CB or LB.

The alternative is to play a park the bus style so as to take into account the limitations and general lack of pace of the defensive players.
Pacy defenders are all well and good but when they are high up the pitch guarding their wingers one ball over the top out wide or through the middle leaves our CBs two on two at best. They ( the defensive wide players) are never going to make it back as one eye is on the guy you are marking. That is systematic insanity and is an easy way to expose our defence.
Also because we drift onto one side of the pitch playing narrow it gives the oppo easy ways out of our forward line press.

The alternative imo is to play one DMF to drop into a three instead of expecting the two we use to pick up runners as generally one has no one to pick up and is marking fresh air.
'
"Football is about the people and the players,” he said. “Then there are those who will mingle in the middle: the coaches, executives and journalists. That last group represents the worst part about football" Marcelo Bielsa
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Tyzy wrote: Wed Jan 11, 2023 6:06 pmCorberan?
Football was dire at Huddersfield.

No idea if it's the same at WBA, doing well results wise tbf but it certainly wouldn't be the return of BielsaBall if its the same as Huddersfield.
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
Tyzy
First Team
First Team

Post by Tyzy »

Cjay wrote: Wed Jan 11, 2023 6:21 pm Football was dire at Huddersfield.

No idea if it's the same at WBA, doing well results wise tbf but it certainly wouldn't be the return of BielsaBall if its the same as Huddersfield.
I never watched any of the games, just the results.
Kennyb41
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Kennyb41 »

SaraM wrote: Wed Jan 11, 2023 5:13 pm What's tedious is you having to bang the same s**t drum in every thread.
:clap: :clap: :clap:

Lurks and lurks, saying nowt for weeks, but then BANG! jumps in with shite as if he only just browsing the forum.

Sad life.
Not dependent on Google, the www or 'stats' - Just a guy that puts his eyes to full use on the beautiful game :geek:

;@)
Kennyb41
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Kennyb41 »

SaraM wrote: Wed Jan 11, 2023 5:14 pm Parking the bus or being a defensive mess are not the only alternatives.
This lot couldn't park the bus to save their lives.

Could easily drive it off a cliff.
Not dependent on Google, the www or 'stats' - Just a guy that puts his eyes to full use on the beautiful game :geek:

;@)
Kennyb41
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Kennyb41 »

Cjay wrote: Wed Jan 11, 2023 5:33 pm This is Adi Hutter, I think he'd be a decent shout

See, i enjoy reading stuff like this, but i wouldn't know where to start.

Knutsen for me.

No idea why, just sounds reet, they're all a gamble, even Pep, who said 'we'd still be in the Championship'

;@)
VinnysTattoo
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by VinnysTattoo »

It’s a timing issue for me.

The time to change was before the World Cup, but beating Liverpool and Bournemouth, just, meant the bullet was temporarily ejected from the chamber.

We are nearly half way through the season so results need to improve sharpish.

Will Wober and hopefully Rutter be the catalyst?

They’ll take time to fully gel, so I don’t expect a quick turnaround.

The next set of games is the decider for me. If we end up with only a few points it has to be curtains for me.
Kennyb41
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Kennyb41 »

VinnysTattoo wrote: Wed Jan 11, 2023 6:52 pm It’s a timing issue for me.

The time to change was before the World Cup, but beating Liverpool and Bournemouth, just, meant the bullet was temporarily ejected from the chamber.

We are nearly half way through the season so results need to improve sharpish.

Will Wober and hopefully Rutter be the catalyst?

They’ll take time to fully gel, so I don’t expect a quick turnaround.

The next set of games is the decider for me. If we end up with only a few points it has to be curtains for me.
This ^

The next set of results will determine our season.

Or, they won't, and i'm serious there, i think we'll probably be touch and go and not pull away, very dependant on the others.

We seem to have been doing Groundhog day all season somehow.

;@)
velo
Manager
Manager

Post by velo »

VinnysTattoo wrote: Wed Jan 11, 2023 6:52 pm

Crushed velvet or black out?
Stop worryin' about what people say, when it ain't gonna stop them anyway.

Hater of Liars, Cheats and Trolls

Freedom of speech is not allowed if it upsets the mods
Overman
Manager
Manager

Post by Overman »

:
Jaydog wrote: Wed Jan 11, 2023 4:56 pm You need CBT for deeply embedded trauma
(Cognitive Bielsa Therapy)
🧐👍