Arsenal 4-1 Leeds Utd - Post Match Debate

Archive for all MOT match day threads including match previews, in game chat, reports and ratings.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Re: Arsenal 4-1 Leeds Utd - Post Match Debate

Post by 1964white »

GreennWhite wrote: Sun Apr 02, 2023 10:07 am I think it has a lot to do with us not having the same quality of players as Arsenal have. A chain is only as strong as its weakest link and once one of our players doesn't do his job well enough it can cause lots of problems for team mates all around him. It then makes it look like we dont know what we are doing or that individuals are falling asleep. With Arsenals passing and movement they can make any team look bad. I would/will be more concerned if it is happening in the next 2 or 3 games against so called lesser teams.
I also believe Wober would have been better positioned to deal with Odegaard's delightful cross for Xhaka to score with a free header, both Ayling & Kristensen were not close enough to Xhaka, giving him far too much space, our defenders are not clever footballers as they totally lack awareness as Jack did for Ben White's goal, once again we witnessed the 'look-up to the sky impression' after Jack realised he hadn't track White's run.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Re: Arsenal v Leeds Utd Match Thread - Sinisterra, Summerville, Kristensen & Struijk Start

Post by The Subhuman »

andrewjohnsmith wrote: Sat Apr 01, 2023 6:57 pm Firpo looked very good today. He has grown in confidence - mostly noted by the number of times he was willing to cut inside and run with the ball. It's notable that this has been his longest run of starts. Obviously there's some ability there.
Some of us saw that last season ....
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
John in Louisiana
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by John in Louisiana »

1964white wrote: Sun Apr 02, 2023 9:25 am We have now lost four & drawn two games in that horrible yellow kit.

1000's of them at half-price or less in our club shop.
Boy, do I feel like an idiot for paying full price for one. :oops: :oops:
andrewjohnsmith
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by andrewjohnsmith »

John in Louisiana wrote: Sun Apr 02, 2023 12:15 am I guess I'm the only one who thinks Aaronson played an excellent game today.

He made at least three free kicks that I can remember that were spot on. He set Kristensen up on a silver platter (Kristensen fluffed the shot). Most of all, he showed some real toughness today. He almost never went to ground and fought to win/retain the ball on a number of occasions instead of looking for the foul.

I was very encouraged by his performance.
I don't think he was "excellent." But I do think he showed some really good moments. He hustled really well and had several good runs with the ball. He seems to be showing a lot more confidence since Javi came in.

I trust Javi. I think he's an excellent coach and man manager. And Javi trusts Aaronson.
andrewjohnsmith
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by andrewjohnsmith »

1964white wrote: Sun Apr 02, 2023 9:23 am I know this Arsenal team are quality with great attacking attributes, but I'm concerned how they got round our defenders with considerable ease!
One of their goals was 2 attackers on 5 defenders.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Screenshot 2023-04-03 09.01.00.png
1964white

Post by 1964white »

andrewjohnsmith wrote: Sun Apr 02, 2023 4:51 pm One of their goals was 2 attackers on 5 defenders.
All four Arsenal goals were avoidable, Andrew.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

29 minutes - Summerville should score.
30 minutes - Harrison unlucky not to score.
31 minutes - Aylings gives away a stupid penalty.