Are we cursed? Just wanted a vent

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Jaydog
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Re: Are we cursed? Just wanted a vent

Post by Jaydog »

“a type of flat, square, chocolate-covered soft peppermint sweet which is popular especially after formal meals”.

Consuming after informal meals is potentially lethal
Sara
Superstar
Superstar

Re: Are we cursed?

Post by Sara »

The Subhuman wrote: Thu May 04, 2023 7:18 pm Only after eight
Another product ruined by Nestlé.
Tyzy
First Team
First Team

Post by Tyzy »

Never a big fan of after eights,can't beat a bar of Cadburys.Im in to whisper Golds at the the moment
CHAPELALLMAN
Manager
Manager

Post by CHAPELALLMAN »

SaraM wrote: Wed May 03, 2023 12:14 pm Who would you change places with?

Chelsea? Man City? Newcastle? Do you honestly want what they've got?

Of the better run clubs currently, there's Brighton, and Brentford, but they're small clubs with no history, who are probably as close to their glass ceiling as they're going to get. They'll have their day in the sun, and sink back down to their level.

Which other club could've bonded with Bielsa in the way that we did, and embraced everything he stood for? There's an ethos there, however beleaguered, which I think is unique.

The problems we experience are down to the corruption inherent in the pursuit of unearned wealth. To be able 'flip' a football club in a handful of years and make hundreds of millions is not an environment which is likely to attract the scrupulous or the prudent.

The chances of such individual greed aligning with the common good of the club and community are vanishingly small... and here we are once again.
At the end of the day, the club is a business. Pretty well always has been. It's not a non-for-profit company limited by guarantee - it's a limited company which is in business to make as much profit as possible for its shareholders. Same throughout the whole football world.

Just so happens our owner doesn't seem that good at business in the world of football at least.
Sara
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Sara »

CHAPELALLMAN wrote: Thu May 04, 2023 8:38 pm At the end of the day, the club is a business. Pretty well always has been. It's not a non-for-profit company limited by guarantee - it's a limited company which is in business to make as much profit as possible for its shareholders. Same throughout the whole football world.

Just so happens our owner doesn't seem that good at business in the world of football at least.
And there was me thinking football was supposed to be a sport.

In the immortal words of Boris Johnson, f**k business!
CHAPELALLMAN
Manager
Manager

Post by CHAPELALLMAN »

SaraM wrote: Thu May 04, 2023 9:47 pm And there was me thinking football was supposed to be a sport.

It stopped being a sport when the big money moved in after 1992.
CHAPELALLMAN
Manager
Manager

Post by CHAPELALLMAN »

SaraM wrote: Thu May 04, 2023 9:47 pm And there was me thinking football was supposed to be a sport.

Anyway - 3 billion people in the world live on less than $2 per day. If the world economy was split up and shared between the total world population, then the average income per annum per person would be $7,000.

And we follow a ' sport ' in which MBappe is paid £1.6m per week or Haaland £865,000 per week, so he can buy his designer pyjamas.. Or Rutter on £100,000 per week.
Last edited by CHAPELALLMAN on Fri May 05, 2023 12:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sara
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Sara »

CHAPELALLMAN wrote: Fri May 05, 2023 10:57 am It stopped being a sport when the big money moved in after 1992.
I blame Preston North End!
Sara
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Sara »

CHAPELALLMAN wrote: Fri May 05, 2023 11:20 am Anyway - 3 billion people in the world live on less than $2 per day. If the world economy was split up and shared between the total world population, then the average income per person would be $7,000.

And we follow a ' sport ' in which MBappe is paid £1.6m per week or Haaland £865,000 per week, so he can buy his designer pyjamas.. Or Rutter on £100,000 per week.
Yes, the world we live in is absurd, and unsustainable.
CHAPELALLMAN
Manager
Manager

Post by CHAPELALLMAN »

SaraM wrote: Fri May 05, 2023 11:33 am I blame Preston North End!
:lol:
Orange Box
Manager
Manager

Post by Orange Box »

Please don’t use the words “immortal” and “Boris Johnson” in the same sentence, you’ll frighten young children.
WARNING: During game time, any post I make is not to be taken seriously, neither is it meant as offence. I'm a hot-blooded creature prone to moments of exasperation and expletive.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Auto correct, it was supposed to be immoral
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
Sara
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Sara »

Orange Box wrote: Fri May 05, 2023 1:44 pm Please don’t use the words “immortal” and “Boris Johnson” in the same sentence, you’ll frighten young children.
I'm not averse to frightening young children, but yes, point taken.