Joe Rodon

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Re: Joe Rodon- Loan incoming

Post by 1964white »

Kennyb41 wrote: Wed Aug 09, 2023 5:08 am Joe Rodon - Would this make it 3 out of 3 signings that look full of common sense and good potential ? Or does it look like a punt on a roulette wheel, stab in the dark, Monkey with a pin.
Definitely :tup:
1964white

Post by 1964white »

BGwhite wrote: Wed Aug 09, 2023 7:09 am Deary me ImageImage

Sent from my moto g(9) plus using Tapatalk
Love it :love: I was singing it in bed whilst being nudged in the ribs by the Mrs :lol:
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

JoeDenver wrote: Tue Aug 08, 2023 10:21 pm Nice to see a new face come in. Appears to be a solid player and for obviously a reasonable price. Things were starting to look grim there for a moment.
This one worries me a touch

"Right now we have Charlie locked down, lets bring in a player we can start over him ... " ..

I wonder if we signed Rodon earlier would Charlie would still sign that contract.
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
mentalcase

Post by mentalcase »

The Subhuman wrote: Wed Aug 09, 2023 11:04 am This one worries me a touch

"Right now we have Charlie locked down, lets bring in a player we can start over him ... " ..

I wonder if we signed Rodon earlier would Charlie would still sign that contract.
I see it as 2 right footed centre halfs as apposed to 2 left footed last weekend.
Cooper will be out for a good while and may never get back in if the others step up, he'll be good back up, like I assume Ayling will be eventually.
Drameh is enigma here, if he's carried on with his attitude under the new boss he'll be surplus to requirements.
"Critics are men that watch a battle from a high place, then come down and shoot the survivors"
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

mentalcase wrote: Wed Aug 09, 2023 11:42 am I see it as 2 right footed centre halfs as apposed to 2 left footed last weekend.
Cooper will be out for a good while and may never get back in if the others step up, he'll be good back up, like I assume Ayling will be eventually.
Drameh is enigma here, if he's carried on with his attitude under the new boss he'll be surplus to requirements.
Which was called not good enough here, CJay pointed out managers like a right footed right sided CB and vice versa. If true Cresswell gets relegated to back up again and likely a number of games in Premier 2. Struijk and Hjelde (who's a CB first FB second imo) can play the left side in Coops absence.

If these two signings come off then it should be

Darlow
Aarons
Byram
Ampadou
Rodon
Struijk
Poveda
Gray
Gnonto
Sinisterra
James

As the starting 11 with the current injury situation
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
YorkshireSquare
Administrator
Administrator
Twitter: @motforum

Post by YorkshireSquare »

Taking down the Image and putting up the Image
mentalcase

Post by mentalcase »

The Subhuman wrote: Wed Aug 09, 2023 11:54 am Which was called not good enough here, CJay pointed out managers like a right footed right sided CB and vice versa. If true Cresswell gets relegated to back up again and likely a number of games in Premier 2. Struijk and Hjelde (who's a CB first FB second imo) can play the left side in Coops absence.

If these two signings come off then it should be

Darlow
Aarons
Byram
Ampadou
Rodon
Struijk
Poveda
Gray
Gnonto
Sinisterra
James

As the starting 11 with the current injury situation
I totally agree with Pascal & Leo, it's whether DF dosen't trust/rate CC enough just yet, all in all, it's the good competition we've been craving for for years.
"Critics are men that watch a battle from a high place, then come down and shoot the survivors"
JoeDenver
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by JoeDenver »

The Subhuman wrote: Wed Aug 09, 2023 11:04 am This one worries me a touch

I’ve heard he can play three of the 4 spots along the back line so view it as healthy competition. We need the depth and rotation ability as the ‘ship is a long season. We still need more players given the injury room situation…
Fly Fishing, Skiing, and The Damned United
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

I did say managers prefer a left footed and a right footed cb.

They do if playing out from the back.

However Rodon apparently can play and has played on the left side and use his left foot.

Which Struijk can't do with the right side and right foot

https://www.coachesvoice.com/cv/joe-rod ... s-swansea/
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
VinnysTattoo
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by VinnysTattoo »

Whoopie do!

Now Orta’s gone we start buying players that are not from leagues totally different from our own!

For me, buying defenders from teams that don’t have to defend much ( Firpo ), or generally from the continent where very often the intensity of matches is less, is a path fraught with problems.

Last season, other than Adams and Wober, the European players struggled.

I used to think that UK based players where too expensive and there might be a case for that, but Orta only had eyes for the foreign market. Crazy to be so blinkered.

Like the measured way we are approaching the market. Just a pity we didn’t have the owners and manager in place earlier.

Same with a striker please.
Colloguy
Ballboy
Ballboy

Post by Colloguy »

Prisoner37 wrote:How quickly have we gone from building a team around the Ametican National Team to the Welsh one?

I remember O'Leary saying that he wanted to build a team mainly with players from these islands. It is certainly a less risky strategy, particularly in the Championship me thinks.

Let's hope he breaths fire.
Also if we keep getting players in this age bracket it reminds me of when we built the 2002/2005 team with bowyer,Harte,etc team young crop of good players that grow together.
BGwhite
Superstar
Superstar

Post by BGwhite »

1964white wrote: Love it :love: I was singing it in bed whilst being nudged in the ribs by the Mrs Image
That's a sad life if you can't find better tunes to whistle in bed Image

SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

Rodon is a great signing 👍

Glad we're not spending £12m on Aarons, when we need a playmaker and striker instead.
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Welcome Joe
Seems to be a straight loan

No mention of buy options.
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
andrewjohnsmith
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Re: Joe Rodon- WELCOME

Post by andrewjohnsmith »

Glad to have him. Probably be starting on Saturday with Cresswell back to the bench.
Scoobychief
Manager
Manager

Post by Scoobychief »

1964white wrote: Tue Aug 08, 2023 9:33 pm At this rate, I'll definitely be watching Wales in the international break. :wal:
From what marsh was trying to do to americanised the club now we're going all Welsh.. Will be buying sheep's next
WhiteRose
First Team
First Team

Post by WhiteRose »

Can breathe a little easier now, he has fallen out of favour at spurs but he was a regular fixture not so long ago and hoping he will be the defender we have needed for a while. Id get him straight in with cresswell vs brum.
Clitheroe White
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by Clitheroe White »

Welcome JR. Would love to see him and Cresswell. I predict a damn solid back 2.
Coupled with
RB - Dramah
LB - Byram
BGwhite
Superstar
Superstar

Post by BGwhite »

Good luck Joe , sort this defence out ! Go get em boyo !

1964white

Post by 1964white »

andrewjohnsmith wrote: Thu Aug 10, 2023 7:18 pm Glad to have him. Probably be starting on Saturday with Cresswell back to the bench.
I thought Charlie did well when he replaced Cooper vs Cardiff & was excellent against Shrewsbury, winning lots of defensive headers.

I start Cresswell with Rodon, I trust him more than Pascal, it will be interesting to see who Farke selects as our CB pair