Boxing chat

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Boxing chat

Post by Cjay »

Not sure if we have one but here is one :)
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Re: Boxing chat

Post by Cjay »

Tysoe Fury's 59 year old journeyman boxer dad John Fury calling out Legendary Mike Tyson is interesting.

Signed

King Cjay

Muppet the Cat

Post by Muppet the Cat »

Why, do we need one ?
mentalcase

Post by mentalcase »

Would be a good laugh tbh, Tyson Fury is a great bloke if not highly unhinged, gets it from his father, two proper blokes, don't know if anything will come of this offer, but,even at his age, who would want a wallop off Mike Tyson !!
"Critics are men that watch a battle from a high place, then come down and shoot the survivors"
Madron
First Team
First Team

Post by Madron »

Thought this was a boxing thread.
Barlow Boy
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Barlow Boy »

Muppet the Cat wrote: Fri Oct 27, 2023 6:26 pm Why, do we need one ?
Not a boxing fan Mr Cat ?
Don’t cry because you said goodbye to your pet, smile because you said hello
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

mentalcase wrote: Fri Oct 27, 2023 6:37 pm Would be a good laugh tbh, Tyson Fury is a great bloke if not highly unhinged, gets it from his father, two proper blokes, don't know if anything will come of this offer, but,even at his age, who would want a wallop off Mike Tyson !!
If either need the money I'd imagine it could happen, people would pay to see it.

Mike Tyson is Mike Tyson even at 57 and John Fury is mad as a box of frogs but he'd sell the heck out of the fight.

As fighters it's Accrington Stanley vs Man City.

In a street fight John may have a chance (not sure about that either Tyson was a street fighter as a kid before he was a boxer) but as a boxer it's not a contest I imagine.

Fury is also fat and out of shape whereas Tyson looks like he's in good nick.
Signed

King Cjay

Jaydog
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Jaydog »

Wouldn’t mind promoting a few fights on here.
Any suggestions and possible outcomes?
Clacton White
First Team
First Team

Post by Clacton White »

Cjay wrote: Fri Oct 27, 2023 6:26 pm Tysoe Fury's 59 year old journeyman boxer dad John Fury calling out Legendary Mike Tyson is interesting.

Talk about cashing in......John Fury was never a contender , never a champion , just a journeyman at best....he even lost to Henry Akinwande , who fought Lennox Lewis and just held onto Lewis for the whole fight and got disqualified for that .I even saw yesterday that Fury senior has a book out now , again cashing in....apply Tyson Fury logic to the potential Mike Tyson -John Fury bout .....think about it, if Olexaner Usyk is 30% as he isn't the A side ( Fury's words ) ......John Fury is worth a fraction of 1% against Iron Mike , John Fury has done nothing, other than shoot his foul mouth off . I refuse to watch anything involving either Fury, can't stand the bloke. I hope if he ever fights Usyk that he loses , indeed any fighter he fights I hope beats him .He is the Chelsea of boxing.....vile . IMO 😆.
Clacton White
First Team
First Team

Post by Clacton White »

mentalcase wrote: Fri Oct 27, 2023 6:37 pm Would be a good laugh tbh, Tyson Fury is a great bloke if not highly unhinged, gets it from his father, two proper blokes, don't know if anything will come of this offer, but,even at his age, who would want a wallop off Mike Tyson !!
I can't stand either Fury . To me Tyson Fury should be stripped of his belts and charged with bringing boxing into disrepute .GOAT...... having a laugh isn't he ? probably 50 or so better than him in the 70's and 80's alone .
lufc1304
Superstar
Superstar
Twitter: @DrGonzo2411

Post by lufc1304 »

John Fury is a gobshite who isn't fit to lace even a 57 yr old Mike Tyson's gloves. I don't mind Tyson Fury, gained some respect for him after he was so honest about his mental health issues. Which explained a lot of his erratic behaviour. However, his assertion that he's the greatest of all time is as far away from reality as his first shite! In my opinion, he's a fairly limited fighter who has benefited from being around in an era when the heavyweight division is weak as piss. For me, the elder Klitchko, Lennox Lewis, Tyson and Holyfield in their prime all clean his clock. And that's without even going back to the golden era in the 70s.
"When the going gets weird, the weird get professional!" Hunter S Thompson
lufc1304
Superstar
Superstar
Twitter: @DrGonzo2411

Post by lufc1304 »

As for tonight's "fight", it's a joke. Ngannou has never boxed professionally and gets a crack at the champion. Load of balls
"When the going gets weird, the weird get professional!" Hunter S Thompson
Clacton White
First Team
First Team

Post by Clacton White »

lufc1304 wrote: Sat Oct 28, 2023 1:50 pm John Fury is a gobshite who isn't fit to lace even a 57 yr old Mike Tyson's gloves. I don't mind Tyson Fury, gained some respect for him after he was so honest about his mental health issues. Which explained a lot of his erratic behaviour. However, his assertion that he's the greatest of all time is as far away from reality as his first shite! In my opinion, he's a fairly limited fighter who has benefited from being around in an era when the heavyweight division is weak as piss. For me, the elder Klitchko, Lennox Lewis, Tyson and Holyfield in their prime all clean his clock. And that's without even going back to the golden era in the 70s.
👍👍👍....agree entirely, both Fury's to me are gobshites . It amazes me these days how many fighters are getting championship shots at less than 20 fights . Go back ......Julio Cesar Chavez..... didn't lose a fight until well into 90 odd professional fights , fought any and everyone, no quibbling( must look his exact record up on Boxrec ) . Now that was an era . Joe Joyce was looking at a title shot with 17 fights ? Usyk has had around 20 , then go down to light heavy......Beterbiev is champ but has knocked out everyone he has fought, he is near 40 yrs old but has I believe les than 20 fights .
I do think if Joshua-Wilder happens...Wilder wins inside 3 rounds, Joshua is by far the better boxer , but I don't think he avoids Wilders big right, that lands and Joshuas chin ....it's over .I think Wilder takes a Joshua shot as he can take a hit and I don't think Joshua now has the killer instinct to finish Wilder in time if he gets him.
Clacton White
First Team
First Team

Post by Clacton White »

lufc1304 wrote: Sat Oct 28, 2023 1:53 pm As for tonight's "fight", it's a joke. Ngannou has never boxed professionally and gets a crack at the champion. Load of balls
Yes very much a joke and a piss take on he paying public . It is not boxing . I for one will not watch it nor am I interested.
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Wtf does he think he looks like :lol:

And what is he doing on a boxing show
Signed

King Cjay

Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Not high class entertainment but made me chuckle

He's bonkers
Signed

King Cjay

Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Francis Ngannou won that fight

But boxing was never going to let the Champion lose to basically an amateur if they could help it
Signed

King Cjay

Kennyb41
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Kennyb41 »

I let it start and then thought this is gonna be fixed for the draw coz a re fight will generate £Millions.

So i went online after 6 rounds and put £10 on a draw at 40/1

Then i noticed Fury was 2/1 to win on pts after 10 rounds, so to be safe coz i didn't think he was gonna stop or ko Ngannou and thought 'just no way are they gonna let Fury lose this.

So i ended £10 up, but fck me that was fixed for Fury not to lose, if anyone won, Ngannou did.

If this guy takes up boxing, because of his MMA background he can take a punch and they don't know how to give in and just keep going.

I'd back that guy to beat Usyk after a few fights, and probably Fury, Fury expected a ride, he got a nasty surprise for sure.
Not dependent on Google, the www or 'stats' - Just a guy that puts his eyes to full use on the beautiful game :geek:

;@)
billysboots
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by billysboots »

Boxing is notorious for dodgy decisions, even Ali had a few of them in the past.
Olympic boxing is in a bit of trouble over it.
There Is Only One United.
mentalcase

Post by mentalcase »

Cjay wrote: Sat Oct 28, 2023 11:35 pm Francis Ngannou won that fight

But boxing was never going to let the Champion lose to basically an amateur if they could help it
It was only a show, if it had been a title fight Fury would have had him.
Ngannou is a beast of a man, very good MMA and decent boxer to boot, also lovely human being, putting a lot back into the gym and young fighters where he began.
"Critics are men that watch a battle from a high place, then come down and shoot the survivors"