IF Geo is out v Watford who's your 9 and 10

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.

ten and nine versus Watford

Poll ended at Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:59 pm

Piroe - Bamford
25%
Gnonto - Bamford
63%
James - Bamford
No votes
Summerville - Bamford
No votes
Bamford - Joseph
13%

Total votes: 16

The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

IF Geo is out v Watford who's your 9 and 10

Post by The Subhuman »

well?
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Re: IF Geo is out v Watford who's your 9 and 10

Post by 1964white »

I would play Gnonto behind Bamford with James on the right, though I reckon Farke would replace Rutter with Piroe.
John in Louisiana
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by John in Louisiana »

1964white wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2024 9:58 pm I would play Gnonto behind Bamford with James on the right, though I reckon Farke would replace Rutter with Piroe.
I agree that that is what Farke will do.
AcrossThePondAsh
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by AcrossThePondAsh »

1964white wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2024 9:58 pm I would play Gnonto behind Bamford with James on the right, though I reckon Farke would replace Rutter with Piroe.
That's my vote too. Although I also imagine it will be Piroe that gets the nod.
In Farke we trust...
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Like most it seems I'd go Gnonto as of the options he has the most experience playing more central.

Played as a 2nd striker a lot in Switzerland and still does on occasion for Italy.

He also has that low centre of gravity thing going for him.

I expect Piroe though which maybe just maybe could work with Bamford as Bamford will stretch the play more which should allow Piroe more room (something Obafemi did well and Piroe thrived in for Swansea briefly).

All be it I don't like Piroe in that role myself.

A wildcard could potentially be Summerville with James coming in on the right and Gnonto shifting left.

As DF tried Summerville through the middle more earlier on in the season as he apparently saw him as Buendia type.

But I'm not sure that is sensible as whilst he has struggled recently Jimmy has been brilliant from the left.

It won't be Joseph I'm fairly sure.

James wouldn't work imo as it gets to congested centrally and if you take away the room to use his pace then he isn't likely to be effective as he isn't a technical dribbler.
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
Carrick Dave
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Carrick Dave »

I’d play Bamford behind Joseph, I think there might be a synergy with both capable of holding the ball up and pressing the defence.

I know it’s not the safe option but it might be right for the occasion, and if it isn’t working we could swop Mateo out for Willy.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Cjay wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2024 2:11 pm Like most it seems I'd go Gnonto as of the options he has the most experience playing more central.

Played as a 2nd striker a lot in Switzerland and still does on occasion for Italy.

He also has that low centre of gravity thing going for him.

I expect Piroe though which maybe just maybe could work with Bamford as Bamford will stretch the play more which should allow Piroe more room (something Obafemi did well and Piroe thrived in for Swansea briefly).

All be it I don't like Piroe in that role myself.

A wildcard could potentially be Summerville with James coming in on the right and Gnonto shifting left.

As DF tried Summerville through the middle more earlier on in the season as he apparently saw him as Buendia type.

But I'm not sure that is sensible as whilst he has struggled recently Jimmy has been brilliant from the left.

It won't be Joseph I'm fairly sure.

James wouldn't work imo as it gets to congested centrally and if you take away the room to use his pace then he isn't likely to be effective as he isn't a technical dribbler.
The Joseph option is with Paddy playing the 10 as he’s done before, pushing Joseph up to play the striker
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

The Subhuman wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2024 4:00 pm The Joseph option is with Paddy playing the 10 as he’s done before, pushing Joseph up to play the striker
I see.

Lot of years and lot of injuries since Paddy played as a 10 for Boro.

Didn't do it often either.

Not for me

Think we need pace and atleast an ability to run the ball up the pitch.

Paddy can't do that, neither can Piroe for that matter.
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
Irish Ian
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Irish Ian »

Piroe 10
Bamford 9

I would rather have either James or Gnonto on the bench if we need to change things up.

I am more worried about the pace of Dennis and Chaketvadze tormenting Firpo and Gray
'
"Football is about the people and the players,” he said. “Then there are those who will mingle in the middle: the coaches, executives and journalists. That last group represents the worst part about football" Marcelo Bielsa
White Riot
Superstar
Superstar

Post by White Riot »

Gnonto 10 and Joseph 9.

But I'd be happy with Summerville at 10 and Joseph or Piroe 9.

Defo not Bamford at 9, 10, or any number at all :)