Sunderland - Post Match Discussion

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Re: Sunderland - Post Match Discussion

Post by Cjay »

DDB220 wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2024 10:08 pm I am not joining in the Farke stoning. We played tonight how we have played most of the season. Nothing came off because Sunderland were well organised they kept tight on any forward player who dropped to receive the ball and forced us into making mistake after mistake. Hume was the actual MotM for me, Summerville and Firpo were pocketed as a pair for the majority of the game.
It was pretty much an attritional game. With no clear cut chances at either end.
Only the introduction of Gnonto sparked some life into our attacking play, and even then it was just a flicker. Like someone else said, he needs to start the next game.
Not a stoning as such just thought tonight really highlighted the issues with DF as a manager probably better than any match before.

It's been evident before but tonight for me was the one.

And yes I realise I've been open about not rating DF and many won't agree.

Man manager he's decent, actual tactical coach I don't him much.

Wish he'd talk to Klopp about the importance of speed of passing.

But I feel better for getting it off my chest :lol:
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
DDB220
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by DDB220 »

Cjay wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2024 10:13 pm Not a stoning as such just thought tonight really highlighted the issues with DF as a manager probably better than any match before.

It's been evident before but tonight for me was the one.

And yes I realise I've been open about not rating DF and many won't agree.

Man manager he's decent, actually tactical coach I don't rate him at all

But I feel better for getting it off my chest :lol:
It was a classic tale of not getting an early goal and the opposition keep it tight and look to get something on the break. This is not the first time we have had this type of game and not achieved more than a point.
Jaydog
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Jaydog »

Was Farke stoned? Nice one. That’s one way to get through a boring game. I can see him, Jimmy & Piroe on the weed after a game. The Dutch love a spliff.
Jaydog
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Jaydog »

Is it a coincidence our form has dipped dramatically since the last international break. What is it, 1 win, 2 draws & 1 defeat. And the performances in those games were average at best. Even the win.
JoeDenver
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by JoeDenver »

Gnonto, Roberts, and Anthony start for me next match. Georgi, Kamara (or Gruev…pick one to play opposite Archie), and James all need a sit. Joseph for Bamford is a consideration, but he was actually better today than the previous three matches. Obviously this is all in my dreams, but changes are long overdue…
Fly Fishing, Skiing, and The Damned United
Orange Box
Manager
Manager

Post by Orange Box »

JoeDenver wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2024 10:39 pm Gnonto, Roberts, and Anthony start for me next match. Georgi, Kamara (or Gruev…pick one to play opposite Archie), and James all need a sit. Joseph for Bamford is a consideration, but he was actually better today than the previous three matches. Obviously this is all in my dreams, but changes are long overdue…
No they don’t. Saturdays team sheet was announced at 1900 hours tonight.
WARNING: During game time, any post I make is not to be taken seriously, neither is it meant as offence. I'm a hot-blooded creature prone to moments of exasperation and expletive.
Morpheus
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by Morpheus »

Orange Box wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2024 10:47 pm No they don’t. Saturdays team sheet was announced at 1900 hours tonight.

I’d say the match against Blackburn is a ‘must win’. But i think that statement has been and gone now for this season.

Farke is just going to do whatever the hell he wants regardless of the moans, groans and signs & symptoms of the calamitous last several matches.

What will be, will be now.
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

Made it to the Sunlun main forum 8-)

https://www.readytogo.net/smb/threads/d ... m.1631391/

Funny how they all say we're "deluded" and "not a big club" blah blah blah, yet they celebrated drawing 0-0 with us. One sided hatred.
JoeDenver
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by JoeDenver »

Orange Box wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2024 10:47 pm No they don’t. Saturdays team sheet was announced at 1900 hours tonight.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Told you I was dreaming!
Fly Fishing, Skiing, and The Damned United
Sean_Nile
First Team
First Team

Post by Sean_Nile »

Ye kin awe gae an bile yer heads ye bunch o' wet dish rags, whit a bunch o' wet wipes. Wailin' awa' like oot o' tune bagpipes. Where did ye awe get yer sack cloth an ashes an yer lead tipped flagellation whips. Fur God's sake anyone wid hink ye hud been bin crucified.

Second in the league and moanin' like yer fathers died. If we had got a penulty ur scored a goal you awe be praisin' Farke tae high heaven fur the genius he is.

Lester jist goat yin in the bawbag fae a team doon the boatum o' the league, an at the top the difference in points is tighter than a midges arse.

Ah cunny unerstawn whit yer awe complain' aboot ye bunch o' whingers.
Notwell
Ballboy
Ballboy

Post by Notwell »

Players worn out, but no changes and Farke even waits until 82nd minute to use subs? What is wrong with him?

Bamford is deja vu from last season, only thing which has changed is that he doesn't get the chance to waste penalties anymore.

With this poor form there isn't much hope for the play offs. We are going to lose all decent players this summer for pennies, and there won't be much cash to replace them.
Sean_Nile
First Team
First Team

Post by Sean_Nile »

Cjay wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2024 9:28 pm And his unwillingness to make changes early to me is symptomatic of a manager with 1 plan who is frightened to do anything if it isn't working in case it goes wrong.
whit ur ye own aboot, he threw the kitchun sink et thum tae try an' win the match... Here come the cavalry the commentator wis sayin'
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

Thought a draw would be the best we could hope for yesterday, given that Farke wouldn't make any changes. I feel like that will be the straw that breaks the camel's back and we'll see changes on Saturday, either personel or tactics. Felt the clean sheet could be a big boost too, since we were leaking goals prior. The big difference for me this season, is the pressure on Leicester is just as big, if not bigger. Usually it's just on us.
Johnsie123
Ballboy
Ballboy

Post by Johnsie123 »

I agree we needed a clean sheet which was a positive but I do think we are going down the same old track with Bamford needs to be dropped for Saturday and either Piroe or Joseph up front but there are a lot of players out of sorts at mo Rutter,James,and even,summertime to a degree they seem to have lost there edge ,but I think this is possible tiredness coming into play we need a massive win Saturday against Blackburn just to get on track with Ipswich and hope they lose tonight somehow.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

If you don’t win 3 points at home in a crucial game like this, with Leicester losing too, with no sense of urgency throughout the whole of the game, and just one shot on target, you don’t deserve to be in the automatics. Simple as that. Harsh, but we deserve nothing more last night.

It's alright for Farke to complain Leeds did not create enough clear chances, but when your keeper & defence are happy to pass the ball to each along the edge or our own box they won't create nothing. Also, playing with no urgency you can't suddenly flick a switch & swarm all over the opposition. The football we play is very predictable tedious & frustrating to watch.

Play-offs looking more likely now, unless we change things & play the game more positively.
Kennyb41
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Kennyb41 »

ffs Daniel what are you doing at all, you must've lost your fcking tiny mind trying this with these players, and at this stage of the season is, well, it's just beyond me, you complete and utter fcking fool, what are you thinking at all you feckin pillock.

Do we have any journalists frequent any of the forums ? I need a feckin Q + A session for 1 minute with the prick ???

I've been beggin all feckin year that he takes our home game to away games, and this lunatic does vice versa and and brings the away game to home.

THE PLAYERS CANNOT FCKIN WELL DO IT DANIEL FER GAWDS SAKE.....PLAY TO THEIR STRENGTHS FFS.....IT IS NOT A FECKIN COINCIDENCE........ THAT EVERY SINGLE PLAYER IS LOOKING LOST AND SHITE RECENTLY, LIKE THEY'VE FELL OFF A FCKING CLIFF !!!

IT IS YOU YOU FCKING IDIOT :!: :!: :!:

YOU CANNOT EXPECT THEM TO DO THIS, IT IS NOT IN THEIR DNA, THEY LOOK FECKIN LOST !!!

Jesus fckin Christ man, get out and play like you did Chelsea ffs.....IF THEY PARK THE BUS......THEY PARK THE FCKING BUS !!!!...

COME UP WITH SOMETHING ELSE MAN......BUT NOT THIS s**t !!!
Not dependent on Google, the www or 'stats' - Just a guy that puts his eyes to full use on the beautiful game :geek:

;@)
1964white

Post by 1964white »

First signs of discontentment at Elland Road last night.

No other championship club passes the ball sideways & backwards to their keeper when there are offensive options as much as Leeds do, boring & frustrating to watch.

Remember Leeds fans mocking Jaap Stam's Reading adopting similar boring football several seasons ago, Sunderland fans did the same to our team last night, at least their club attacked with a sense of purpose and made our keeper work.

At some stage of the season, we compared Farke's team with Bielsa style of play. No comparison whatsoever to be brutally honest!
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Once again, Rutter did my head in, sadly apart from him & Summerville, we are totally dependent on those two creating opportunities.
Sean_Nile
First Team
First Team

Post by Sean_Nile »

Whit did Jack Clark dae muffin... If the referee hud yin mair een he wid hae been a bludy Cyclops. Farke wis geein' the forth uffishal laldy, just shows his passion, wis like a pot bilin' over.

Lester wur 17 pints aheid at Crimbo, noo it's just yin pint, margins ur slimmer than a vegan fart.

Whit dae ye hink when Ipswich and Lester chuck games, teams at the top o' the table ur no supposed tae dae that, bit it happens, an it's nae different fur Leeds

Fur Gods sake get a grip o' yer bawbags an gee it a rest wae awe o' yer fashin', drag yursells aft tae Mither Shipton's cave ye profits o' doom... An snivel there in the cauld and damp.
Overman
Manager
Manager

Post by Overman »

1964white wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2024 7:55 am Once again, Rutter did my head in, sadly apart from him & Summerville, we are totally dependent on those two creating opportunities.
It's been that way for most of the season tbh. Once those threats are nullified or their game is off, we look totally devoid of ideas. The plan b seems to entail throw on a superfluous amount of attacking players at around the 75th minute, and then see what happens.

I best scarper otherwise, I'll have the negative karma police on my case.