Rene Maric

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Black cats lad
Ballboy
Ballboy

Rene Maric

Post by Black cats lad »

I'm a Sunderland fan and we've been linked with your former assistant Rene Maric.

I'd be grateful if you could tell me about his time at Leeds and if he came across as head coach material? He's currently Bayern Munich under 19 head coach

Thanks in advance
mentalcase

Re: Rene Maric

Post by mentalcase »

mentalcase wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2024 9:49 am I don't think it's fair to judge him on his time at United to be fair, especially who he was under and the tactics implemented.
"Critics are men that watch a battle from a high place, then come down and shoot the survivors"
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Very respected in the footballing world it seems.

But he was working under an idiot here (who he blatantly couldn't stand).

So it's hard judging him at all based on his time here.

But he's worked for some big clubs so must have something about him
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Didn't realise that Rene was being linked as head coach!!!!

That would be really interesting.

The guys highly respected by people like Marco Rose and Thomas Tuchel.

Would be really interested seeing how he does as head coach.
Signed

King Cjay

Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Not sure what or why we want to bring him back for?

But Bayern fans absolutely love him judging by the comments on these
Signed

King Cjay

JoeDenver
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by JoeDenver »

Cjay wrote: Fri May 10, 2024 4:31 pm
Not sure what or why we want to bring him back for?

But Bayern fans absolutely love him judging by the comments on these
HC? I kid. :roflmao: But honestly, I’d prefer him as a consultant to get the balance right in Farke’s system, akin to what we were discussing in Marsch thread. He’s been an understudy/student of Ragnick, Rose, and Tuchel (as well as Marsch). Would be a welcome influence. Not sure if he could help in the substitutions and squad rotation area, as well, but couldn’t be worse :lol:

I kind of wished we’d have retained Maric as the successor to Marsch when he was let go.

I’ve mentioned the consultant route before as it’s very common in American pro sports. And was actually just used at scUM to emasculate Ten Haag…could be very effective here to try and light a fire under DF.
Fly Fishing, Skiing, and The Damned United
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

JoeDenver wrote: Fri May 10, 2024 9:25 pm HC? I kid. :roflmao: But honestly, I’d prefer him as a consultant to get the balance right in Farke’s system, akin to what we were discussing in Marsch thread. He’s been an understudy/student of Ragnick, Rose, and Tuchel (as well as Marsch). Would be a welcome influence. Not sure if he could help in the substitutions and squad rotation area, as well, but couldn’t be worse :lol:

I kind of wished we’d have retained Maric as the successor to Marsch when he was let go.

I’ve mentioned the consultant route before as it’s very common in American pro sports. And was actually just used at scUM to emasculate Ten Haag…could be very effective here to try and light a fire under DF.
Did feel sorry for him when here, from his reaction when he left it feels he was very much sidelined by Marsch.

He's clearly a very intelligent and decent coach.

Could be a decent idea as you say.
Signed

King Cjay