Brenden Aaronson poll

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.

Brenden Aaronson poll

Keep
41%
Sell/Move on
52%
Loan
7%

Total votes: 27

1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Brenden Aaronson poll

Post by 1964white »

Please make a comment posting up your preferred option, not forgetting to use the vote tab at the top of each of our players polls.
DDB220
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Re: Brenden Aaronson poll

Post by DDB220 »

There are a number of possible scenarios regarding Aaronsson. The least likely IMO will be to sell him. The loss is not ideal for our current situation as it will possibly form part of our set of accounts.

The most interesting scenario is whether DF changes his mind, through personal preference or necessity that some returning players actually do taste palatable having been in the microwave. How he handles such a situation publicly may signify whether he has been told to bite the bullet or conversely is a BS merchant.

I am not adverse to any returning loan player returning to the fold if they can do a job. Aaronson is quick off the mark has a terrific engine and can run with the ball, whether his frequent poor decision making was a Marsch issue is yet to be determined. He lost possession frequently running into trouble and going to ground trying to buy a free kick. That tendency will need to be completely exterminated / expunged / eradicated early doors.
Johnthewhite
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by Johnthewhite »

I guess we need to try and use the lightweight.
Needs to spend June & July in the gym nevermind the beach.
Onemanstanding
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by Onemanstanding »

I voted sell, but I doubt we would get the 20 or so million we paid for him back.
So he will probably be loaned out again.
I think he's another who thinks he is too good for the championship, not someone you want on your side.
Overman
Manager
Manager

Post by Overman »

Far too lightweight and flakey. Another one who'll go missing when it matters most.
WhiteRose
Manager
Manager

Post by WhiteRose »

I can’t see any clubs paying even 10 million for him or wanting to cover all of his wages with a loan deal so I think we either give him away or might as well make use of him - if he can get his brain around the good it could do his career to have a decent season in the championship then he could be the kind of midfielder we really need.
lufc1304
Superstar
Superstar
Twitter: @DrGonzo2411

Post by lufc1304 »

A conundrum. Probably has the makings of a decent championship player, but he's so powder puff and doesn't understand the side before self mantra we want all our players to adhere to. Harsh reality is his underwhelming season in the Bundesliga means we haven't a hope of getting back what we paid for him, so we might have to bite the bullet. If he bulked up and stayed on his feet, he might be useful to have around??
"When the going gets weird, the weird get professional!" Hunter S Thompson
Lorimer46
First Team
First Team
Twitter: @dsc67

Post by Lorimer46 »

Definitely sell , too lightweight for me . Need to cut our losses and take whatever we can get
" The best laid schemes o' mice an' men
Gang aft agley "
JoeDenver
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by JoeDenver »

In a similar boat as Rasmus where I’m willing to take a flyer on. Both are in a bit of a do or die situation career-wise given their unsuccessful loan spells, which gives us some leverage over them…something we didn’t have at this point last season.
Fly Fishing, Skiing, and The Damned United
andrewjohnsmith
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by andrewjohnsmith »

Like all the loanees, sell.

But Aaronson does have a little more favour. He seemed to be part of the club's own plan of sending him out and bringing him back if we get promoted, They may do that again. There isn't as much fuss over BA as some of the others as his seemed to be part of our own plan.

I'd sell him. But could see him being a decent addition in the championship.
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

We can't sell on the cheap, as the shortfall for ffp will be too high. I say keep and give him a chance. Remember Rutter wasn't considered good enough this time last year.
Barlow Boy
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Barlow Boy »

Sell, don’t want any of the deserters back.
Don’t cry because you said goodbye to your pet, smile because you said hello
BradWhite
First Team
First Team

Post by BradWhite »

Can't see who'd buy him but it's worth a try.
BobHirst
Manager
Manager

Post by BobHirst »

He needs to be stronger than he was but if he's toughened up I'd give him another go.
Tyzy
First Team
First Team

Post by Tyzy »

Hopeless lightweight,sell.
Leeds1000
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Leeds1000 »

If will definitely be a loan because no one will meet our valuation. He's a Redbull player so he may stay on and it would give our American fans something to cheer again.
White Riot
Superstar
Superstar

Post by White Riot »

I would say loan, as he cost around £25 million :shock: and nobody will wanna pay two cents for him.

Lightweight and just hopes to get free kicks by throwing himself to the ground.

America's answer to Matt Grimes :lol:

Incredible that we splurged so much money on such a bunch of tossers.

That's the biggest reason we're in our current predicament, terrible recruitment.
Jammy 07
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by Jammy 07 »

Aaronson is still young enough to come good for us so keep for now and see how things develop over the summer.
Clacton White
First Team
First Team

Post by Clacton White »

Sell , not good enough nor strong enough. Championship is probably more physical than PL , in which he couldn't cope that well . Recoup whatever money the club can .