The #LUFC Breakfast Debate (Wednesday 26th June) Betis eye another Leeds bargain

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Ellandback1
Site Contributor
Site Contributor
Twitter: @EllandBack1

Breakfast Debate The #LUFC Breakfast Debate (Wednesday 26th June) Betis eye another Leeds bargain

Post by Ellandback1 »

Good Morning. It's Wednesday 26th June, and here are the latest headlines from Elland Road...

Betis eye another Leeds bargain

Diego Llorente could make a surprise switch this Summer to the South-West region of the Iberian Peninsula, if reports from the continent are to be believed. The 30 year old centre-back was highly expected to have completed a permanent move to Roma by now, having spent the last 18 months on loan with the Giallorossi, not to mention a gentleman's agreement on a cut price £4.2m deal.

Several weeks have now passed with little communication from Daniele De Rossi's side, and suddenly Real Betis have emerged from nowhere, wanting to muscle in on the deal! The La Liga outfit have already got Leeds over a barrel as far as Marc Roca is concerned; and now it seems they want to try their luck again. There just seems to be an endless amount of clubs keen to take advantage, and pick Leeds' pocket at every eventuality, whether it be Everton, Bournemouth, Roma or Betis!

Leeds fans told to stay away from pre-season tour of Germany

Leeds pre-season tour of Germany has erupted into chaos before it's even started, after the club revealed that all games will be played behind closed doors! The club have firmly laid the blame with the German authorities, and insist that their plea's to reverse the decision have fallen on deaf ears. Telling Leeds fans not to do something could very well be counter productive. The last time this happened was mid July 2020, during lockdown.

Leeds had just won promotion back to the top flight, and fearing a mass party, Leeds Utd issued an order to stay away from Elland Road. The thousands that ignored the warning were treated to an open top bus with player appearances, and all the trimmings. It's not a great precedent to set!

I may be bias, but Leeds have some of the best fans in the World. Many spend thousands of pounds each year following their idols up and down the Country. We deserve better, both on and off the pitch. It's highly unlikely that streams will be made available either, meaning fans will only get to watch the matches against Harrogate Town (19 July) and Valencia (3 August) this Summer.

Their lack of organisation is reminiscent of their preparations for the 15/16 season, which included a 16-0 rout of an amateur Italian side (FC Gherdeina) that were so bad that even Noel Hunt scored a hattrick. To make matters worse, their next opponents (Romanian side Viitorul Constanta) didn't even turn up, later exclaiming that Leeds hadn't confirmed the game!

Leeds to miss out on duo

Ben Johnson is in advanced talks with Ipswich Town over a permanent Summer deal, according to the back pages of the papers yesterday. It comes as a crushing blow for Leeds, who were hoping to find a long term solution to their full-back issues. To make matters even worse, fellow target Alfie Gilchrist looks set to join Serie A newcomers Como!

Irish Ian
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Re: The #LUFC Breakfast Debate (Wednesday 26th June) Betis eye another Leeds bargain

Post by Irish Ian »

Morning all.

I clicked on to the LUFC website the other day and the first thing I noticed was an advertisement selling used cars, you might have noticed it yourself, it had a pic of Jimmy, Junior, Willy and Rutter.

Kind of sums it up.

At the back of the parking lot we find a few more.

Llorente is another one that needs wheeled away, even getting £100 for scrap would be better than paying road tax and insurance, and it would finally give you the time to clean up that embarassing oil stain on the driveway..

Llorente has under average mileage, nice paint job, and alloy wheels, unfortunately the sat nav is wonky and he keeps on getting lost on the pitch. He does have a long service history though.
'
"Football is about the people and the players,” he said. “Then there are those who will mingle in the middle: the coaches, executives and journalists. That last group represents the worst part about football" Marcelo Bielsa
Sean_Nile
First Team
First Team

Re: The #LUFC Breakfast Debate (Wednesday 26th June) Betis eye another Leeds bargain

Post by Sean_Nile »

Irish Ian wrote: Wed Jun 26, 2024 7:40 am
Llorente has under average mileage, nice paint job, and alloy wheels, unfortunately the sat nav is wonky and he keeps on getting lost on the pitch. He does have a long service history though.
Not only that at one point, could be Chelsea fans noticed he had an annoying squeek.
Ratscoot
Manager
Manager

Post by Ratscoot »

Morning EB et all,

This Llorente transfer is a bit like him really long, drawn out, a bit aimless, no strategy, just hoping something is going to happen, and hope he likes it in the end.

The other possible transfers, all a bit click bait IMO, still convinced aligning players possible transfer to Leeds helps bump up their price and helps get them a move.
A bumble bee under the laws of physics shouldnt be able to fly, but it does because no one has told it that it can't
Sean_Nile
First Team
First Team

Post by Sean_Nile »

Selling players at a loss... boo hoo.

Incompetence in organising pre-season... take me to the wailing wall.

Can't get the players we want... well slit my wrists and throw me in the river.

Why is this happening to us... is it because ah is a Leeds supporter?

Soon we will belong to the woke brigade, since we are continually playing the victim card. It must take a toll on our mental stability to be swamped in such negativity all the time.
GreennWhite
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by GreennWhite »

Some of our fans thrive on negativity. :evil:
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

You can't blame the clubs for picking off Leeds players. It's the idiots who previously organised these ridiculous contracts who are to blame.
Orange Box
Manager
Manager

Post by Orange Box »

GreennWhite wrote: Wed Jun 26, 2024 12:05 pm Some of our fans thrive on negativity. :evil:
No we dont
WARNING: During game time, any post I make is not to be taken seriously, neither is it meant as offence. I'm a hot-blooded creature prone to moments of exasperation and expletive.
MightyWhites
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by MightyWhites »

Orange Box wrote: Wed Jun 26, 2024 5:13 pm No we dont
Exactly, we're just used to it! I am glad Betis are interested in LLorente. He played plenty of games for Roma last season and they obvs think they have us over a barrel. Hope it starts a bidding war between the two :tup:
Jaydog
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Jaydog »

Orange Box wrote: Wed Jun 26, 2024 5:13 pm No we dont
Oh yes we do
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

Jaydog wrote: Wed Jun 26, 2024 8:06 pmOh yes we do
Oh we can't even agree that we are negative as a fan base. I give up!
Jaydog
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Jaydog »

weasel wrote: Wed Jun 26, 2024 8:23 pm Oh we can't even agree that we are negative as a fan base. I give up!
Don’t give up. You’ve got friends
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

GreennWhite wrote: Wed Jun 26, 2024 12:05 pm Some of our fans thrive on negativity. :evil:
Though I saw it all around never thought I could be affected :(
Jaydog wrote: Wed Jun 26, 2024 8:33 pm Don’t give up. You’ve got friends
You worry too much, it's going to be alright 8-)
Jaydog
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Jaydog »

weasel wrote: Wed Jun 26, 2024 10:05 pm Though I saw it all around never thought I could be affected :(

You worry too much, it's going to be alright 8-)
This feels like a game without frontiers
PhoenixUnited
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by PhoenixUnited »

Sean_Nile wrote: Wed Jun 26, 2024 8:19 am Selling players at a loss... boo hoo.

Incompetence in organising pre-season... take me to the wailing wall.

Can't get the players we want... well slit my wrists and throw me in the river.

Why is this happening to us... is it because ah is a Leeds supporter?

Soon we will belong to the woke brigade, since we are continually playing the victim card. It must take a toll on our mental stability to be swamped in such negativity all the time.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Keep The Faith MOT WAL
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

Jaydog wrote: Thu Jun 27, 2024 8:25 am This feels like a game without frontiers
I can't take anymore Darling, don't you monkey with the monkey.
Jaydog
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Jaydog »

weasel wrote: Thu Jun 27, 2024 8:57 am I can't take anymore Darling, don't you monkey with the monkey.
I dare say you’ve kissed a baboon in the jungle.
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

Jaydog wrote: Thu Jun 27, 2024 9:28 am I dare say you’ve kissed a baboon in the jungle.
and 9 months later you were born.....
Jaydog
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Jaydog »

weasel wrote: Thu Jun 27, 2024 9:36 am and 9 months later you were born.....
Daddy
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

Jaydog wrote: Thu Jun 27, 2024 10:59 amDaddy
Yes ba****d?