Birmingham City v Leeds Utd Match Thread - Sinisterra and Gnonto Missing from Squad

Archive for all MOT match day threads including match previews, in game chat, reports and ratings.
Mick Jones shoulder
Manager
Manager

Re: Birmingham City v Leeds Utd Match Thread - Sinisterra and Gnonto Missing from Squad

Post by Mick Jones shoulder »

Scoobychief wrote: Sat Aug 12, 2023 4:26 pm When Newcastle sign him
We live in hope
Finnatic
Manager
Manager

Re: Birmingham City v Leeds Utd Match Thread - Sinisterra and Gnonto Missing from Squad

Post by Finnatic »

weasel wrote: Sat Aug 12, 2023 4:22 pm Agree with you on Ampadu.

I take a lot of positives, felt we were slightly the better side and created the better openings against a well seasoned championship side. It was only the last 10 minutes when we were poor. If we do lose the likes of Gnonto, Sini etc then it will at least give Farke some funds and judging by how well Ampadu has done I would be confident that he can make good signings.

👍🏻
DDB220
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by DDB220 »

So the initial reaction to DF saying early doors that there will be bumps initially etc - which as I recall most accepted are now on Planet Doom because we lose away to an injury time penalty.

We are in a tough situation but let’s get some perspective, we will struggle until the squad is sorted ( what that will look like is anyone’s guess) and the players become comfortable with the possession based tactics in tough championship games.
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

I wonder if Darlow would've saved the penalty? Putting Meslier in the shop window is only costing us points.
Scoobychief
Manager
Manager

Post by Scoobychief »

DDB220 wrote: Sat Aug 12, 2023 4:29 pm So the initial reaction to DF saying early doors that there will be bumps initially etc - which as I recall most accepted are now on Planet Doom because we lose away to an injury time penalty.

We are in a tough situation but let’s get some perspective, we will struggle until the squad is sorted ( what that will look like is anyone’s guess) and the players become comfortable with the possession based tactics in tough championship games.
Unless players are brought it likenlord farquaad himself said in every department this squad will remain stale and drift out of sight in this league playing every week and injuries will only pile up. Wake up and smell the coffee we need like 7 players an entire midfield with decent players in there an entire attack with a proven goal scorer and obviously a defence that can do its part. And he has just over 2 weeks to do this. Good luck to him
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

The Subhuman wrote: Sat Aug 12, 2023 4:07 pm Probably the worst I've seen us play in years.... not even bad, just nothing. The whole thing looked like a lg one match mid winter with no one giving a f**k.

Ampadu, comfortably, our best player
Ayling, comfortably our worst. He seems to have lost the plot, I said in midweek he was in fade but he's faded.
What's Drameh done wrong that he can't get a look in? All this loyalty to Ayling is embarrassing.
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

DDB220 wrote: Sat Aug 12, 2023 4:29 pm So the initial reaction to DF saying early doors that there will be bumps initially etc - which as I recall most accepted are now on Planet Doom because we lose away to an injury time penalty.

Perspective is key. We are a side that at present is cobbled together and with very little back up (made even worse by absentees). It is a long season and even under Bielsa we lost 9 league matches in the promotion season.
Mick Jones shoulder
Manager
Manager

It's not the losing its the inept performance that grates.
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

geronimo wrote: Sat Aug 12, 2023 3:10 pm The negativity on here is unbelievable 😆
Don't see any reason for it at all....we'll be fine
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

Mick Jones shoulder wrote: Sat Aug 12, 2023 4:35 pm It's not the losing its the inept performance that grates.
Inept as in not having enough players?
BlackHillsPaul
First Team
First Team

Post by BlackHillsPaul »

Scoobychief wrote: Sat Aug 12, 2023 4:25 pm I think you'll find Adams if ever fit will want out. He doesn't want to be here.
You could be right Scoob. We'll all know in the next three weeks. But there is NO DOUBT that Adams could help us if he stays.

Tyler's camp is livid at the way he was treated by Chelsea. I'm certain this is a time of reassessment. If Liverpool come calling I think he will leave. Otherwise, he may just choose to stay at Leeds and channel that disrespect into a great season with us.

Yes, I'm wishful thinking.
Football/Futbol/Soccer
DDB220
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by DDB220 »

Scoobychief wrote: Sat Aug 12, 2023 4:34 pm Unless players are brought it likenlord farquaad himself said in every department this squad will remain stale and drift out of sight in this league playing every week and injuries will only pile up. Wake up and smell the coffee we need like 7 players an entire midfield with decent players in there an entire attack with a proven goal scorer and obviously a defence that can do its part. And he has just over 2 weeks to do this. Good luck to him
Everyone knows players need bringing in. You are always ‘Captain worse case scenario’.

2 weeks until the end of the window. Let’s see what happens first before you starting calling for everyone’s head.
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

BlackHillsPaul wrote: Sat Aug 12, 2023 4:44 pm You could be right Scoob. We'll all know in the next three weeks. But there is NO DOUBT that Adams could help us if he stays.

Tyler's camp is livid at the way he was treated by Chelsea. I'm certain this is a time of reassessment. If Liverpool come calling I think he will leave. Otherwise, he may just choose to stay at Leeds and channel that disrespect into a great season with us.

How was he treated by Chelsea Paul :duno:
Jimang
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by Jimang »

I thought it was a poor performance. There was a spell in the first half when we had lots of posession but created virtually nothing. To be honest it bored me to death. Second half we had a few attacking bursts but it became inevitable in the last quarter that things were not going to end well. I thought most of our attacking threats came from James on the left, but he ruined his good work with that needless rash challenge.
We need to get some new faces through the door or we can forget promotion, I think we will be lucky to finish half way.
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

BlackHillsPaul wrote: Sat Aug 12, 2023 4:44 pm You could be right Scoob. We'll all know in the next three weeks. But there is NO DOUBT that Adams could help us if he stays.

Certainly are wishful thinking

His agent is already giving the biggest football reporter in the country the scoop
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
Sean_Nile
First Team
First Team

Post by Sean_Nile »

BlackHillsPaul wrote: Sat Aug 12, 2023 3:23 pm The pink kit makes us look like Portland Timbers of MLS. :sick:
Inspired by San Fransisco California pastel pink woke Barbie Doll... if the movie is a success then we will also be a success if we wear the same woke weirdness. It's a Bud Light moment for Leeds. Yorkshire is flat caps and whippets, what true Yorkshireman would be seen committing fashion suicide by wearing a garment with so much visual noise... or perhaps the players wear it to give their opponents a headache.
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

Cjay wrote: Sat Aug 12, 2023 4:53 pm Certainly are wishful thinking

His agent is already giving the biggest football reporter in the country the scoop
I'll laugh my socks off if no-one comes in for him. Another Prima Donna who thinks he's better than he is
Mick Jones shoulder
Manager
Manager

whiteswan wrote: Sat Aug 12, 2023 4:44 pm Inept as in not having enough players?
As in clueless
Carrick Dave
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Carrick Dave »

It's not all doom & gloom - Helder Costa wants to leave the club.
mentalcase

Post by mentalcase »

Carrick Dave wrote: Sat Aug 12, 2023 5:04 pm It's not all doom & gloom - Helder Costa wants to leave the club.
But who will come in for him, after his displays abroad it certainly won't be the saudis :lol:
Anyway, I'm getting lashed up tonight on this news :beers: :tumbler:
"Critics are men that watch a battle from a high place, then come down and shoot the survivors"