Birmingham City v Leeds Utd Match Thread - Sinisterra and Gnonto Missing from Squad

Archive for all MOT match day threads including match previews, in game chat, reports and ratings.
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Re: Birmingham City v Leeds Utd Match Thread - Sinisterra and Gnonto Missing from Squad

Post by SG90 »

Carrick Dave wrote: Sat Aug 12, 2023 5:04 pm It's not all doom & gloom - Helder Costa wants to leave the club.
Rather have him than no one
Leeds1000
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Re: Birmingham City v Leeds Utd Match Thread - Sinisterra and Gnonto Missing from Squad

Post by Leeds1000 »

Carrick Dave wrote: Sat Aug 12, 2023 5:04 pm It's not all doom & gloom - Helder Costa wants to leave the club.
Keep him. Today he would have been an improvement on Shacks. Where did all our wingers go.... :shock:
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

whiteswan wrote: Sat Aug 12, 2023 4:47 pm How was he treated by Chelsea Paul :duno:
They backed out at the 11th hour due to ffp concerns. Just glad they're finally being investigated.
Leeds1000
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Leeds1000 »

Jimang wrote: Sat Aug 12, 2023 4:52 pm I thought it was a poor performance. There was a spell in the first half when we had lots of posession but created virtually nothing. To be honest it bored me to death. Second half we had a few attacking bursts but it became inevitable in the last quarter that things were not going to end well. I thought most of our attacking threats came from James on the left, but he ruined his good work with that needless rash challenge.
We need to get some new faces through the door or we can forget promotion, I think we will be lucky to finish half way.
It was a dull game. Birmingham are a poor side in transition themselves, that's what concerned me the most. We went thru the gears against Cardiff. Today we never got out of reverse.
Leeds1000
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Leeds1000 »

weasel wrote: Sat Aug 12, 2023 4:22 pm Agree with you on Ampadu.

I take a lot of positives, felt we were slightly the better side and created the better openings against a well seasoned championship side. It was only the last 10 minutes when we were poor. If we do lose the likes of Gnonto, Sini etc then it will at least give Farke some funds and judging by how well Ampadu has done I would be confident that he can make good signings.
I applaud you for finding some positives in that today. Birmingham may be well seasoned Championship relegation fodder, they certainly looked it on that evidence today.
DDB220
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by DDB220 »

Leeds1000 wrote: Sat Aug 12, 2023 5:09 pm Keep him. Today he would have been an improvement on Shacks. Where did all our wingers go.... :shock:
I doubt he is the answer to our issues. If he wants out best to let him go - bums on seats are not much use if their heart is not in it.

I would like to believe that the club are doing a lot behind the scenes to get the right players in, Piroe and Hamer are still up for grabs IMO, I am not suggesting we will get them but I would be very surprised if the club do not make efforts to acquire some quality players before the window closes. What we have done so far in terms of incomings and attempted purchases has been promising. There is always huge transfer traffic as the window comes to a conclusion. Not ideal as new signings generally take a while to bed in, but it is what it is.
Leeds1000
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Leeds1000 »

SG90 wrote: Sat Aug 12, 2023 5:10 pm They backed out at the 11th hour due to ffp concerns. Just glad they're finally being investigated.
Chelsea and FFP in the same sentence. What is the world coming to. That Boelhy treats football like i used to play Monopoly... Buy everything and leave nothing for your opponents other than the electric company and the water works. I just think he's an ego maniac.
DDB220
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by DDB220 »

SG90 wrote: Sat Aug 12, 2023 5:10 pm They backed out at the 11th hour due to ffp concerns. Just glad they're finally being investigated.
I think Caceido turning down Liverpool and expressing a desire to join Chelsea has made them revisit that option. They probably need every penny available to make that happen.
60sUnited
First Team
First Team

Post by 60sUnited »

I watched the whole game on the Blues TV channel and...with so many first teamers missing and being away from home I thought we played well and should have got at least a point. IF/ when we get our full team together we should hammer this league....also imo it was never a penalty, just a coming together with no intent....no var so no doubt !
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

weasel wrote: Sat Aug 12, 2023 4:35 pm Perspective is key. We are a side that at present is cobbled together and with very little back up (made even worse by absentees). It is a long season and even under Bielsa we lost 9 league matches in the promotion season.
If we don't make some inspired, creative signings by the end of August, it's going to be a long old season should we are forced to field that team.

There was nothing going forward, apparently James was are main threat :roll: every time he got into a good position to deliver a decent ball, he wasted the opportunity, then to finish off he creates a chance for Brum by giving a penalty away.

As I posted earlier, I wasn't too upset when we were relegated as I could see it coming for months, at the end of that game I could have cried :verysad:

Not the player's fault as half of them are clearly not up to the challenge of the championship, it was the lowest of the low & more to come if things remain as they are.

What a mess we find ourselves in once again.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

SG90 wrote: Sat Aug 12, 2023 4:35 pm What's Drameh done wrong that he can't get a look in? All this loyalty to Ayling is embarrassing.
My guess is the one yr left on contract, or Farke is the manager (like Gracia and Alladyce) who'll always experience and play steady over talented.
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
60sUnited
First Team
First Team

Post by 60sUnited »

Also.. what a pair of mindless that's commentating....phrases like 'the Birmingham cauldron' and the electric atmosphere and the 'blues superiority '.....not sure what game they were watching !!!
Overman
Manager
Manager

Post by Overman »

Shite performance but not unexpected. We are starting matches without a recognised striker, it's totally incompetent. Onwards and upwards and in Farke we trust and all that bollocks.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Leeds1000 wrote: Sat Aug 12, 2023 5:14 pm I applaud you for finding some positives in that today. Birmingham may be well seasoned Championship relegation fodder, they certainly looked it on that evidence today.
Birmingham were awful, and right now we are at their level.
Carrick Dave
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Carrick Dave »

DDB220 wrote: Sat Aug 12, 2023 5:16 pm I doubt he is the answer to our issues. If he wants out best to let him go - bums on seats are not much use if their heart is not in it.

I would like to believe that the club are doing a lot behind the scenes to get the right players in, Piroe and Hamer are still up for grabs IMO, I am not suggesting we will get them but I would be very surprised if the club do not make efforts to acquire some quality players before the window closes. What we have done so far in terms of incomings and attempted purchases has been promising. There is always huge transfer traffic as the window comes to a conclusion. Not ideal as new signings generally take a while to bed in, but it is what it is.
Gone to the Blunts. Coventry beat Boro 3-0 today without him.
Leeds1000
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Leeds1000 »

60sUnited wrote: Sat Aug 12, 2023 5:35 pm I watched the whole game on the Blues TV channel and...with so many first teamers missing and being away from home I thought we played well and should have got at least a point. IF/ when we get our full team together we should hammer this league....also imo it was never a penalty, just a coming together with no intent....no var so no doubt !
That's the thing tho. How many first team players are going to go permanently missing? And if they do all get sold then whoever we bring in are playing catch-up on Farke's methods. I was all for getting the right players in over time but today shocked me. I hope it shocked the new owners too.
Leeds1000
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Leeds1000 »

1964white wrote: Sat Aug 12, 2023 5:40 pm Birmingham were awful, and right now we are at their level.
Offensively that team today will get us nowhere. Sini jimmy and Willy back in and we have a chance. How many will still be here is anyones guess..
Carrick Dave
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Carrick Dave »

mentalcase wrote: Sat Aug 12, 2023 5:06 pm But who will come in for him, after his displays abroad it certainly won't be the saudis :lol:
Anyway, I'm getting lashed up tonight on this news :beers: :tumbler:
Good lad, slainte. :tup:
malcolmw
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by malcolmw »

weasel wrote: Sat Aug 12, 2023 4:35 pm Perspective is key. We are a side that at present is cobbled together and with very little back up (made even worse by absentees). It is a long season and even under Bielsa we lost 9 league matches in the promotion season.
I agree. This is not the side we will be fielding in a couple of months time.
Of course there was lack of cohesion - it is, as you say, a cobbled together team.
With the chaotic end of season and summer, we were always going to have a rough start. Losing away to an injury time penalty is not a train smash.
One thing that I absolutely hated though are those vomit pink shorts :sick: Maybe that's in fact why Gnonto doesn't want to play :-D
1964white

Post by 1964white »

60sUnited wrote: Sat Aug 12, 2023 5:38 pm Also.. what a pair of mindless that's commentating....phrases like 'the Birmingham cauldron' and the electric atmosphere and the 'blues superiority '.....not sure what game they were watching !!!
About as awful as both teams, 60's.