Birmingham City v Leeds Utd Match Thread - Sinisterra and Gnonto Missing from Squad

Archive for all MOT match day threads including match previews, in game chat, reports and ratings.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Re: Birmingham City v Leeds Utd Match Thread - Sinisterra and Gnonto Missing from Squad

Post by The Subhuman »

60sUnited wrote: Sat Aug 12, 2023 5:35 pm I watched the whole game on the Blues TV channel and...with so many first teamers missing and being away from home I thought we played well and should have got at least a point. IF/ when we get our full team together we should hammer this league....also imo it was never a penalty, just a coming together with no intent....no var so no doubt !
Yes we deserved a point, Birmingham were as bad. Two very poor performances on the day.
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Re: Birmingham City v Leeds Utd Match Thread - Sinisterra and Gnonto Missing from Squad

Post by 1964white »

Carrick Dave wrote: Sat Aug 12, 2023 5:55 pm Gone to the Blunts. Coventry beat Boro 3-0 today without him.
Gyökeres also went in the summer too.
geronimo
First Team
First Team
Twitter: none

Post by geronimo »

whiteswan wrote: Sat Aug 12, 2023 4:38 pm Don't see any reason for it at all....we'll be fine
fine 😆 we are garbage too many on here living in Dreamland many need to wake up fast this squad needs a complete overhaul before we can even begin to think about promotion again
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Leeds1000 wrote: Sat Aug 12, 2023 6:03 pm That's the thing tho. How many first team players are going to go permanently missing? And if they do all get sold then whoever we bring in are playing catch-up on Farke's methods. I was all for getting the right players in over time but today shocked me. I hope it shocked the new owners too.
Take out the pace & skills Summerville, Sinisterra & ratface Tonto of our side & we look very ordinary.
malcolmw
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by malcolmw »

geronimo wrote: Sat Aug 12, 2023 6:38 pm fine 😆 we are garbage too many on here living in Dreamland many need to wake up fast this squad needs a complete overhaul before we can even begin to think about promotion again
When are you going to realize that is in fact what is underway!!
Farke has said repeatedly, including today, that you only train and play if you really want to be here. He will not beg players to play. He was under no illusion when he signed up that is what he would face.
He is the pragmatic one here - not you. As he said, you can't change your current reality, you just work hard to build a better future.

Get with the program and stop thinking everyone else doesn't see the current state of affairs, that everyone else on this forum is an idiot except you.
Give your head a shake, your eyes are stuck.
malcolmw
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by malcolmw »

The Subhuman wrote: Sat Aug 12, 2023 6:35 pm Yes we deserved a point, Birmingham were as bad. Two very poor performances on the day.
Yep, best way of describing it. Crap game for both teams, home team just got lucky.
Draw a line and move on.
BillyBremner
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by BillyBremner »

Leicester 6 points in 2 games - us only 1
malcolmw
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by malcolmw »

Leeds1000 wrote: Sat Aug 12, 2023 5:18 pm Chelsea and FFP in the same sentence. What is the world coming to. That Boelhy treats football like i used to play Monopoly... Buy everything and leave nothing for your opponents other than the electric company and the water works. I just think he's an ego maniac.
That's actually a very good description for Boelhy.
It's like Amrican military strategy - brute force over ignorance :P
GreennWhite
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by GreennWhite »

BillyBremner wrote: Sat Aug 12, 2023 6:51 pm Leicester 6 points in 2 games - us only 1 Image
Nothing like stating the obvious is there :roll:
Kennyb41
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Kennyb41 »

Shame that, i thought we deserved a point, there were some pluses, the negatives were obvious, you can't expect a lot with a makeshift team and only about 4/5 of your 1st choice 11 on the pitch.

He's dealing with the bare bones of a bare squad, and i thought it a fine effort considering half were carrying the other half, and the other half just haven't the quality and should be playing in 1 league lower at least, if you stick 10 of your best players out you can get away with carrying a Shackleton or Poveda, James, Joffy, Cresswell, Struik.

At least they put up a fight and didn't look all over the shop and seemed to know their roles, you can't get mad, they're just not good enough, the quality just isn't there in a lot of these and we're gonna struggle until he can get his squad together that he's happy with, then you can start to judge him.

I know these players, and i'm judging him now, it was not ALL bad, they are just not good enough even for this level.

Ampadu was excellent considering, along with some more that did ok, Gray in particular....i could go on, but basically he needs help and fast, but not that fast that we just buy any fcker, i feel confident he will get them playing ok when we have a full squad.
Not dependent on Google, the www or 'stats' - Just a guy that puts his eyes to full use on the beautiful game :geek:

;@)
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

Kennyb41 wrote: Sat Aug 12, 2023 7:29 pm Shame that, i thought we deserved a point, there were some pluses, the negatives were obvious, you can't expect a lot with a makeshift team and only about 4/5 of your 1st choice 11 on the pitch.

He's dealing with the bare bones of a bare squad, and i thought it a fine effort considering half were carrying the other half, and the other half just haven't the quality and should be playing in 1 league lower at least, if you stick 10 of your best players out you can get away with carrying a Shackleton or Poveda, James, Joffy, Cresswell, Struik.

At least they put up a fight and didn't look all over the shop and seemed to know their roles, you can't get mad, they're just not good enough, the quality just isn't there in a lot of these and we're gonna struggle until he can get his squad together that he's happy with, then you can start to judge him.

I know these players, and i'm judging him now, it was not ALL bad, they are just not good enough even for this level.

Ampadu was excellent considering, along with some more that did ok, Gray in particular....i could go on, but basically he needs help and fast, but not that fast that we just buy any fcker, i feel confident he will get them playing ok when we have a full squad.
Well said K. We could easily be sat here with 4 points from our opening 2 matches but with Leeds we rarely get what we deserve. It is the same situation that we saw with Bielsa who was hamstrung with the missing players, he though had to do with 4 or 5 decent players and 5 or 6 makeshifts when playing City and the like - though of course if he'd parked the bus we would have won.

It really is now a case of building the team around Ampadu and Gray. After that really you wouldn't say any players out there today are players you could see playing for us in the prem. Like you say a few that you could get away with if only 1 or 2 were in the line-up.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Difficult to see how they can find 3 minutes of highlights!!

1964white

Post by 1964white »

Kennyb41 wrote: Sat Aug 12, 2023 7:29 pm Shame that, i thought we deserved a point, there were some pluses, the negatives were obvious, you can't expect a lot with a makeshift team and only about 4/5 of your 1st choice 11 on the pitch.

Ampadu & Gray were as good as ever!

Cresswell Struijk & Byram also played well.

No teams wins football matches with half a team that are inept.
Overman
Manager
Manager

Post by Overman »

weasel wrote: Sat Aug 12, 2023 7:50 pm Well said K. We could easily be sat here with 4 points from our opening 2 matches but with Leeds we rarely get what we deserve. It is the same situation that we saw with Bielsa who was hamstrung with the missing players, he though had to do with 4 or 5 decent players and 5 or 6 makeshifts when playing City and the like - though of course if he'd parked the bus we would have won.

It really is now a case of building the team around Ampadu and Gray. After that really you wouldn't say any players out there today are players you could see playing for us in the prem. Like you say a few that you could get away with if only 1 or 2 were in the line-up.
We get exactly what we deserve. None of that bad luck bollocks, it's a constant.
Bongo1874
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by Bongo1874 »

What the f**k is going on,I watched you play my team,Hearts off the park we had a few chances,but was mostly all Leeds,fitness wise miles ahead of us but we are picking up,Kilmarnock tomorrow hope to win comfortably, as for Newcastle flying.

Real shame you guys have never been the same since the great one left.
BGwhite
Superstar
Superstar

Post by BGwhite »

Been out OTP. See we lost . Oh well this is lufc. Carry on regardless.

Sent from my moto g(9) plus using Tapatalk

BGwhite
Superstar
Superstar

Post by BGwhite »

Went out at HT OTP. Much more enjoyable than watching shite run around on a field !

Sent from my moto g(9) plus using Tapatalk

geronimo
First Team
First Team
Twitter: none

Post by geronimo »

malcolmw wrote: Sat Aug 12, 2023 6:46 pm When are you going to realize that is in fact what is underway!!
Farke has said repeatedly, including today, that you only train and play if you really want to be here. He will not beg players to play. He was under no illusion when he signed up that is what he would face.
He is the pragmatic one here - not you. As he said, you can't change your current reality, you just work hard to build a better future.

Get with the program and stop thinking everyone else doesn't see the current state of affairs, that everyone else on this forum is an idiot except you.
Give your head a shake, your eyes are stuck.
The reality is nothing is underway we are letting players go who want to leave and can't replace them we are relying on young kids and players who ain't good enough to fill the gaps the strength in depth is nowhere near big enough in a league with far more games after last season we were considered to be one of the favourites to go back up when the reality is we are nowhere near ready Leicester will win the league and Southampton will finish above us it's nailed on already fella
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

1964white wrote: Sat Aug 12, 2023 8:03 pm Ampadu & Gray were as good as ever!

Cresswell Struijk & Byram also played well.

No teams wins football matches with half a team that are inept.
You said James played well, Meslier had sod all to do, so that's 7. Joffy is not a 9 but I like some of the non 9 work he did.

Poveda (who's a bench player at best and never a 10) Ayling (who's form is in decline) and Shackleton who didn't seem to have a true role were the let downs..

But the key thing is no team wins football games that set out not to win a football game and Farke came for the draw,. only one sub used and no positional switching or tactical deviation tells us that.
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

I think the key thing to remember is Birmingham were really poor, absolutely awful.