Leeds Utd 4-3 Bournemouth. UNCUT VERSION. You'll feel you were there.

Archive for all MOT match day threads including match previews, in game chat, reports and ratings.
Aussieleeds
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Re: Leeds Utd v Bournemouth Match Thread - Bamford misses out due to injury

Post by Aussieleeds »

CHAPELALLMAN wrote: Sun Nov 06, 2022 8:41 am After Pontus left our permanent signings for the defence have been appalling.And Cooper was never a PL CB anyway.
Three of those signings have been a Spanish international, a German international and a Danish international. It seems there are quite a few poor judges of defensive prowess across Europe.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Re: Leeds Utd 4-3 Bournemouth - Post Match Debate

Post by 1964white »

Looking forward to the full 90 minutes again on LUTV.
andrewjohnsmith
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by andrewjohnsmith »

1964white wrote: Sun Nov 06, 2022 8:58 am Looking forward to the full 90 minutes again on LUTV.
Me too. On peacock.
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

I'm in the minority I know, but I think I'd rather beat Wolves than Spurs. Now we're not so desperate for points and I'd like to try and win the cup. :)
Finnatic
Manager
Manager

Post by Finnatic »

andrewjohnsmith wrote: Sun Nov 06, 2022 9:12 am Me too. On peacock.
It was on Sky’s Game of the Day last night.
I found it by accident when we were 1-3 down so it was very enjoyable.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Kristensen was an excellent buy for the defence..... Struijk too. Cooper is absolutely a premier division centre back. Not top draw but good enough
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

How was Lewis Cook yesterday?
VinnysTattoo
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by VinnysTattoo »

Credit for using the youngsters?

Mostly, but Bamford’s breakdown ( again ) forced his hand, because I’m sure he would have played him. Imagine him on that last goal with his current form.

Time to give the youngsters a start over Rodrigo and Bamford. Won’t happen though.
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

VinnysTattoo wrote: Sun Nov 06, 2022 9:34 am Credit for using the youngsters?

Mostly, but Bamford’s breakdown ( again ) forced his hand, because I’m sure he would have played him. Imagine him on that last goal with his current form.

Time to give the youngsters a start over Rodrigo and Bamford. Won’t happen though.
Why Rodrigo given he's scored 7 goals?
CHAPELALLMAN
Manager
Manager

Post by CHAPELALLMAN »

Aussieleeds wrote: Sun Nov 06, 2022 8:58 am Three of those signings have been a Spanish international, a German international and a Danish international. It seems there are quite a few poor judges of defensive prowess across Europe.
i don't care if they are internationals - it's what they do for us that matters.

Brolin was an international with 47 caps for Sweden and 27 goals....He helped Sweden finish 3rd at the 1994 World Cup.

Anybody who just signs players just because they are internationals is a fool.
eastyorkshirewhite
First Team
First Team

Post by eastyorkshirewhite »

Yet once again all 3 goals came from Ramus side of the pitch he was outpaced for the 2nd and when then 3rd went he had not even made back to halfway line .Maybe fair at going forward but as a defender really bad so far over the season the majority of the goals we have conceded came from his side of the pitch.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

VinnysTattoo wrote: Sun Nov 06, 2022 9:34 am Credit for using the youngsters?

Thought Rodrigo did ok yesterday, lovely run offf Summerville and check inside to create the chance but on his wrong foot the ball just gets away from him... 7 goals this season so far!..

I didn't like the hissy fit at the end and that goes one of two ways but I think he loves playing for this club... very passionate Latin American

And how long do you think it will take us to break Summerville and Gnonto playing them week in week out?
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
Johnboy1965
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by Johnboy1965 »

And how long do you think it will take us to break Summerville and Gnonto playing them week in week out?
[/quote]

Not long- just look at Gelhardt who seems to pick up injuries very easily these days.
Unfortunately don't have much choice at the minute with Harrison and Bamford both bang out of form.
Tyzy
First Team
First Team

Post by Tyzy »

The last 2 games have been exciting to say the least but they quite easily could have turned into defeats.
We don't ever seem to be able to control a game its all flying by the seat of your pants stuff , whatever happened to a solid,controlled 2-0 win
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

Cjay wrote: Sat Nov 05, 2022 6:45 pm He has made digs at the fans before

Not smart.
I don't take that as a dig Cjay....more like positive thinking stressed to the players.
Better than saying "The fans are right you useless lot, you may as well go home now :)
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

whiteswan wrote: Sun Nov 06, 2022 11:29 am I don't take that as a dig Cjay....more like positive thinking stressed to the players.
Better than saying "The fans are right you useless lot, you may as well go home now :)
That's the kind of thing Colin w**ker would say :lol:
mentalcase

Re: Leeds Utd v Bournemouth Match Thread

Post by mentalcase »

John in Louisiana wrote: Sat Nov 05, 2022 12:07 pm Sort of off topic, but I wonder...........

The one time I was able to get to Elland Road I was overwhelmed by the special atmosphere surrounding the place, and that was when we were still in the Championship. I've never experienced anything like it, and I've been to World Series games and NFL and NBA playoff games.

You've been going to ER for decades, 64. Does that feeling ever wear off? I hope not.

Today is one of those games we have to win if we want to achieve our goal for the season (to remain comfortably mid-table). Liverpool means nothing without a win today. A win today and I'll feel I can finally celebrate the Liverpool win properly.
Hi John, I've been going since the sixties also, seen some great atmospheres, t'other month against chelsea was something special like, something I've not witnessed at ER for many a year, yea we could have gone a goal down but we didn't, we stuck at it and took them apart, whether or not they had an off day just dosen't come into to it, credit where credits due, United were fantastic.
That day the whole ground was rocking, all 4 sides, the east stand which is predominantly familys, grown men with their lads with their shirts off, the west stand, an absolutely amazing atmosphere, my friends lads have never witnessed ER like that and they are in their mid twenties, as I say, the whole ground was absolutely bouncing.
It was special for me as it was only days after my mum passed and I dedicated the win the her RIP.
Whether it was because we won 3-0, or because it was a good display, or because we beat a top 6 side so convincingly , especially those chelsea scumbags, I know not, but put it all together, the outpouring of relief was tremendous.
My mate (chelsea fan) left at half-time and waited in the pub for us, he mentioned the atmosphere, but paid special praise to "those absolute nutters in the south stand"
"Critics are men that watch a battle from a high place, then come down and shoot the survivors"
Chilli D
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Chilli D »

Cjay wrote: Sat Nov 05, 2022 7:30 pm Majority aren't. . . . . . .

And it's a few games, let's wait and see :)
Greenwood, Gelhardt, Summerville and Gnonto are all good enough right now and I'm hopeful Cresswell, Gray and Perkins will be as well.
The flowers of common sense do not grow in everyone's garden
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

SG90 wrote: Sun Nov 06, 2022 11:40 am That's the kind of thing Colin w**ker would say :lol:
:) :)
Chilli D
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Chilli D »

SG90 wrote: Sun Nov 06, 2022 9:30 am How was Lewis Cook yesterday?
Pretty sick at the end of the game I should imagine...
The flowers of common sense do not grow in everyone's garden