Leeds Utd 4-3 Bournemouth. UNCUT VERSION. You'll feel you were there.

Archive for all MOT match day threads including match previews, in game chat, reports and ratings.
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Re: Leeds Utd v Bournemouth Match Thread - Bamford misses out due to injury

Post by SG90 »

Chilli D wrote: Sun Nov 06, 2022 12:36 pm Greenwood, Gelhardt, Summerville and Gnonto are all good enough right now and I'm hopeful Cresswell, Gray and Perkins will be as well.
True, but I hope this doesn't stop the club investing in January. It's not healthy to be relying solely on young players, who will have good games and bad games.

I also would add Hjelde to the good enough now camp. Hopefully he starts v Wolves and not Firpo.
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Re: Leeds Utd 4-3 Bournemouth - Post Match Debate

Post by SG90 »

The only players I'd consider resting on Weds are Adams, Struijk, Meslier and Harrison. Strong team please Jesse. :)
mentalcase

Post by mentalcase »

SG90 wrote: Sun Nov 06, 2022 12:44 pm True, but I hope this doesn't stop the club investing in January. It's not healthy to be relying solely on young players, who will have good games and bad games.

I also would add Hjelde to the good enough now camp. Hopefully he starts v Wolves and not Firpo.
Firpo needs to be loaned out at the very least, he simply aint good enough, I hear we are interested in the dortmund LB !
"Critics are men that watch a battle from a high place, then come down and shoot the survivors"
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

mentalcase wrote: Sun Nov 06, 2022 12:57 pm Firpo needs to be loaned out at the very least, he simply aint good enough, I hear we are interested in the dortmund LB !
We get linked to a million players in January and never spend. I'll believe it when I see it!
mentalcase

Post by mentalcase »

SG90 wrote: Sun Nov 06, 2022 1:00 pm We get linked to a million players in January and never spend. I'll believe it when I see it!
Aint that the truth :tup:
Would be nice if the club were at least considering it like, Charlie Taylor can't get in at Burnley cause they bought a back-up who's taken his chance immediatlely, a friend of mine is a Burnley season ticket holder and rates CT highly.
"Critics are men that watch a battle from a high place, then come down and shoot the survivors"
Irish Ian
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Irish Ian »

1964white wrote: Sat Nov 05, 2022 9:14 pm Strange how our inexperienced kids can play the system.
Might be because we abandoned it Leon
'
"Football is about the people and the players,” he said. “Then there are those who will mingle in the middle: the coaches, executives and journalists. That last group represents the worst part about football" Marcelo Bielsa
Irish Ian
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Irish Ian »

1964white wrote: Sat Nov 05, 2022 9:11 pm What strengths?
The strengths of a player who can contribute a hell of a lot more when he isnt made to play in a shoe box

The strengths of a player who can slide a pass from out wide to a player who is on the move with either a late or early run into the box

This set up is killing Harrison Leon
'
"Football is about the people and the players,” he said. “Then there are those who will mingle in the middle: the coaches, executives and journalists. That last group represents the worst part about football" Marcelo Bielsa
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

Irish Ian wrote: Sun Nov 06, 2022 1:14 pm The strengths of a player who can contribute a hell of a lot more when he isnt made to play in a shoe box

The strengths of a player who can slide a pass from out wide to a player who is on the move with either a late or early run into the box

This set up is killing Harrison Leon
Because he is a limited footballer.

Take away the Bielsa's robot style of play & the likes of Harrison, Llorente, Phillips struggle.

Difficult to analyse Bamford, Dallas, Ayling & Klich due to their injury/fitness/age concerns.

Koch, Cooper & Struijk seem to be the only ones who've adapted to a different system.
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

1964white wrote: Sun Nov 06, 2022 1:55 pm Because he is a limited footballer.

Take away the Bielsa's robot style of play & the likes of Harrison, Llorente, Phillips struggle.

Difficult to analyse Bamford, Dallas, Ayling & Klich due to their injury/fitness/age concerns.

Koch, Cooper & Struijk seem to be the only ones who've adapted to a different system.
That's exactly it, and it's not like we didn't all say it at the time. It was down to the system, not the players.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

mentalcase wrote: Sun Nov 06, 2022 1:05 pm Aint that the truth :tup:
Would be nice if the club were at least considering it like, Charlie Taylor can't get in at Burnley cause they bought a back-up who's taken his chance immediatlely, a friend of mine is a Burnley season ticket holder and rates CT highly.
We don't do the British transfer market. apart from the obsessive Dan James signing.

The clowns above are incapable of signing someone right under the noses, also they refuse to sign a player with no sell-on value, but are prepared to spend £85m on average players whom we'd be lucky to acquire half that outlay back on them.
Chilli D
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Chilli D »

SG90 wrote: Sun Nov 06, 2022 12:44 pm True, but I hope this doesn't stop the club investing in January. It's not healthy to be relying solely on young players, who will have good games and bad games.

Absolutely.
Completely forgot about Hjelde, yes he looks good as well.
The flowers of common sense do not grow in everyone's garden
1964white

Post by 1964white »

SG90 wrote: Sun Nov 06, 2022 1:57 pm That's exactly it, and it's not like we didn't all say it at the time. It was down to the system, not the players.
Without Marcelo, Phillips & Bamford wouldn't have international caps on their CV, Harrison can only dream of such status.
White Riot
Superstar
Superstar

Post by White Riot »

andrewjohnsmith wrote: Sun Nov 06, 2022 8:10 am Me too. But only on the basis that Marsch won't get the best out of him. Let's sign the players Marsch does want and cash in on those he doesn't.
:tup: makes sense
White Riot
Superstar
Superstar

Post by White Riot »

Chilli D wrote: Sun Nov 06, 2022 2:01 pm Absolutely.
Completely forgot about Hjelde, yes he looks good as well.
I like Hjelde but he's been injured lately and not even on the bench yesterday
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

1964white wrote: Sun Nov 06, 2022 2:00 pm We don't do the British transfer market. apart from the obsessive Dan James signing.

The clowns above are incapable of signing someone right under the noses, also they refuse to sign a player with no sell-on value, but are prepared to spend £85m on average players whom we'd be lucky to acquire half that outlay back on them.
Yeah I was saying there must be some decent LBs in the Championship.
mentalcase

Post by mentalcase »

Leo is another one knocking at t' door, he's had injuries as well as an op recently (appendix) I think.
Big, strong and confident, looks composed for a big fella, commands from the back like CC, we have some strong talent but will we use them ??
John in Louisiana
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Re: Leeds Utd v Bournemouth Match Thread

Post by John in Louisiana »

mentalcase wrote: Sun Nov 06, 2022 12:19 pm Hi John, I've been going since the sixties also, seen some great atmospheres, t'other month against chelsea was something special like, something I've not witnessed at ER for many a year, yea we could have gone a goal down but we didn't, we stuck at it and took them apart, whether or not they had an off day just dosen't come into to it, credit where credits due, United were fantastic.
That day the whole ground was rocking, all 4 sides, the east stand which is predominantly familys, grown men with their lads with their shirts off, the west stand, an absolutely amazing atmosphere, my friends lads have never witnessed ER like that and they are in their mid twenties, as I say, the whole ground was absolutely bouncing.
It was special for me as it was only days after my mum passed and I dedicated the win the her RIP.
Whether it was because we won 3-0, or because it was a good display, or because we beat a top 6 side so convincingly , especially those chelsea scumbags, I know not, but put it all together, the outpouring of relief was tremendous.
My mate (chelsea fan) left at half-time and waited in the pub for us, he mentioned the atmosphere, but paid special praise to "those absolute nutters in the south stand"
Thanks for that. Stories like yours make me feel more connected to the team and the community surrounding it.
Irish Ian
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Irish Ian »

mentalcase wrote: Sun Nov 06, 2022 2:48 pm Leo is another one knocking at t' door, he's had injuries as well as an op recently (appendix) I think.
Big, strong and confident, looks composed for a big fella, commands from the back like CC, we have some strong talent but will we use them ??
He has played less than three games for the seniors and in those games we were anything but composed as we shipped 7 goals

Three to Everton and two to WH twice.

A promising youngster but hardly anything to hang our hopes on just yet.
'
andrewjohnsmith
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by andrewjohnsmith »

faaip wrote: Sun Nov 06, 2022 10:26 am Thought Rodrigo did ok yesterday, lovely run offf Summerville and check inside to create the chance but on his wrong foot the ball just gets away from him... 7 goals this season so far!..

I didn't like the hissy fit at the end and that goes one of two ways but I think he loves playing for this club... very passionate Latin American

And how long do you think it will take us to break Summerville and Gnonto playing them week in week out?
It was a poor show by him going off. Should have been giving Joffy full encouragement. But at least he made up for it when Summerville scored. He was the first man on top of him.
andrewjohnsmith
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by andrewjohnsmith »

Irish Ian wrote: Sun Nov 06, 2022 1:09 pm Might be because we abandoned it Leon
Agree with that. Kind of went back to Bielsa's formation with Adams in the KP role and players out wide.