Leeds Utd V Liverpool Match Thread

Archive for all MOT match day threads including match previews, in game chat, reports and ratings.
Chilli D
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Re: Leeds Utd V Liverpool Match Thread - Post match from RADZ on SKY Premier

Post by Chilli D »

Cjay wrote: Sun Sep 12, 2021 6:08 pm Oh in the interests of fair play and unbiased reporting . . Stuart Dallas was the worst player on the pitch imo.

Totally an utterly anonymous
Yes he was very poor today. He's definitely not playing anywhere near as well as last season.
The flowers of common sense do not grow in everyone's garden
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

Forshaw with a muscle injury, imagine my shock. Time to give Lewis Bate a chance instead.
Boo Radley
First Team
First Team

Post by Boo Radley »

Lumiukko wrote: Sun Sep 12, 2021 6:29 pm Just finished the game (watching on delay). Massively outclassed and lacking much sharpness (maybe the international break was a hindrance to us). One thing I noticed was just how many of our passes were cut out, not by interceptions but by just poor passing on our part, hitting the legs of opposition. That has to stop as the loose ball leaves us in terrible defensive shape for the inevitable counter.

As for the Struijk tackle, I thought it was a very good tackle and just an unfortunate event how Elliott went down. Never a red and if that is not rescinded then we may as well all pack up and go home. But we're Leeds and we'll never get a decision in our favour with the FA.
Sadly, you’re correct about the FA - we will get what we always get - nothing!

Ayling at fault yet again for many of the passes going astray from defence, causing heart attacks all over the rest of the defence.

Finally, it was a disgrace how Klopp harangued the 4th official for the red card. He also walked on to the field to berate the ref - surely he should have been told to get off the pitch - tool!
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

Mountain wrote: Sun Sep 12, 2021 6:33 pm I was responding to a poster who said Raphinha looks p****d off playing with mediocre players.

I actually don't think that he would be so unprofessional as SG90 claims, and that he would throw his toys out of the pram. But if he is, I'd flog him straight away.
Just my opinion from his body language and the way he left at the end. How many times has he created a good situation only for it to be cocked up? I don't blame him for being annoyed, I am too. I said we needed a couple of signings on his level and we fannied about all summer and then overspent on James.
Lumiukko
First Team
First Team

Post by Lumiukko »

Boo Radley wrote: Sun Sep 12, 2021 6:42 pm
Finally, it was a disgrace how Klopp harangued the 4th official for the red card. He also walked on to the field to berate the ref - surely he should have been told to get off the pitch - tool!
Agree with this. I liked Klopp when he arrived on these shores but he's gone on to show himself as a whinging entitled prick in increasing frequency. You'd never catch MB haranguing the 4th official or ref, as he believes int he integrity of letting them do their job.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Re: Leeds Utd V Liverpool Match Thread

Post by 1964white »

Cjay wrote: Sun Sep 12, 2021 5:22 pm You cant concede the amount of shooting chances we do its absolutely ludicrous.

Its very similar to early last season.
Schoolboy defending :(
becchio bear
Superstar
Superstar
Twitter: @Becchiobear

Post by becchio bear »

Mountain wrote: Sun Sep 12, 2021 6:33 pm I was responding to a poster who said Raphinha looks p****d off playing with mediocre players.

I actually don't think that he would be so unprofessional as SG90 claims, and that he would throw his toys out of the pram. But if he is, I'd flog him straight away.

You responded to a poster who put "Is it just me or does R look really pissed off..."?? Perhaps you should look a little more indepth before posting and quoting then!! I looked at what you put before posting!

:bear:
I'm going back to 505, I saw them at Sheffield and they were amazing.
Broad Ford
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by Broad Ford »

That's two losses and two draws. What's the probability of Leeds finally picking up three points on Tyneside? Newcastle must be pondering that same question and they hold home advantage. Both sets of spectators are likely consumed and preoccupied with the thought of we will win eventually, but for one unlucky club it may just prove a win too late.

I foresaw a problematic season for Leeds, although not so bad they finish in a championship position. Leeds really need to be beating those around them and therefore 8pm Friday evening becomes crucial for both clubs morale.
If you don't know where you are going, every road will get you nowhere.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

BGwhite wrote: Sun Sep 12, 2021 5:45 pm Newcastle is vital now. Today's game is another confidence breaker , lose next week and it's totally shattering . Time to take a long hard look at your personnel and tactics MB ! A few more of these results and you will see the other side of those adorable fans.

Sent from my moto g(9) plus using Tapatalk
Saint-Maximin & Almiron will be licking their lips with the thought of running at our makeshift defence.
BGwhite
Superstar
Superstar

Post by BGwhite »

Friday is crucial as I can only see a West ham win the following game which will make October a very crucial month for picking up points.

Mick Jones shoulder
Manager
Manager

Post by Mick Jones shoulder »

1964white wrote: Sun Sep 12, 2021 6:46 pm Schoolboy defending :(
Bit harsh on the schoolboys old chap🙊
Mountain
First Team
First Team

Post by Mountain »

becchio bear wrote: Sun Sep 12, 2021 6:58 pm You responded to a poster who put "Is it just me or does R look really pissed off..."?? Perhaps you should look a little more indepth before posting and quoting then!! I looked at what you put before posting!

:bear:
Erm...I know I responded to him! :)

In fact I directly quoted him. And quoted him fully, in half quoting him you've omitted the reference to mediocrity. You're also adding a qualification (he didn't mean Phillips or Meslier) that is not in his post at all.
becchio bear
Superstar
Superstar
Twitter: @Becchiobear

Post by becchio bear »

Mountain wrote: Sun Sep 12, 2021 7:10 pm Erm...I know I responded to him! :)

In fact I directly quoted him. And quoted him fully, in half quoting him you've omitted the reference to mediocrity. You're also adding a qualification (he didn't mean Phillips or Meslier) that is not in his post at all.
YOU were the one who put Phillips and Meslier into the mix.... :bear:
I'm going back to 505, I saw them at Sheffield and they were amazing.
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

The concern imo are the performances.

We have had bad results before but often this forum was full of "1 sloppy mistake and not taking our chances".

That isn't the case anymore.

The entire performances are off, the team looks slow and dare I say it, predictable. The press is half a second slower, the passes are half a yard shorter and slower .

A lot of our fans may see this as unnecessary worrying but this is the 4th year of minimal rotation, minimal squad changes, playing the same style the same players week in week out.

Everything comes to an end eventually, said it before but at some point the bulk of this squad wont be able to keep the standards up, the body can only take so much and Dallas, Cooper, Klich, Ayling, Harrison, Bamford, KP have been playing almost non stop for over 3 years.

Their is a reason high pressing managers don't stay long at clubs and that results start to dip by season 3 onwards.
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

Boo Radley wrote: Sun Sep 12, 2021 6:42 pm Sadly, you’re correct about the FA - we will get what we always get - nothing!

Ayling at fault yet again for many of the passes going astray from defence, causing heart attacks all over the rest of the defence.

Clipperty Klopp was asked after the game about his going onto the pitch to harangue the ref. "What did you say to to the ref" He was taken aback by the question. Couldn't answer and then mumbled about "it was nothing" but I have to say that he looked very sheepish...
....very sheepish indeed :x
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

Cjay wrote: Sun Sep 12, 2021 7:24 pm The concern imo are the performances.

We have had bad results before but often this forum was full of "1 sloppy mistake and not taking our chances".

The entire performances are off, the team looks slow and dare I say it, predictable. The press is half a second slower, the passes are half a yard shorter and slower .

A lot of our fans may see this as unnecessary worrying but this is the 4th year of minimal rotation, minimal squad changes, playing the same style the same players week in week out.

Everything comes to an end eventually, said it before but at some point the bulk of this squad wont be able to keep the standards up, the body can only take so much and Dallas, Cooper, Klich, Ayling, Harrison, Bamford, KP have been playing almost non stop for over 3 years.

Their is a reason high pressing managers don't stay long at clubs and that results start to dip by season 3 onwards.
:tup:

We can't say we didn't see this coming unfortunately. The club are delusional if they felt otherwise.
DDB220
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by DDB220 »

In fairness most teams play the high press now. We seem to suffer more than most as a result of it in terms of losing the ball quickly. Our play out of defence looks rather predictable. 9 times out of 10 the ball goes to Ayling. He usually squares it. What Liverpool and other top teams are confident of doing is waiting for him to pick up the ball and close down his preferred options. Only KP ever seems willing to offer an alternative to the CB’s or Meslier. If he is closed down - Ayling has to play long or pass back to Meslier. Unfortunately a long ball is easier to defend when played into static situations. The defender always has the advantage. Ayling isn’t the best at the long ball and Meslier is more often than not even worse. However if we beat that press, which happens more often against the lesser teams we quickly create an overload.
If we playing out from the back on the counter it is important to be precise and we were not 9/10 times today and we suffered.
We shall see whether this is a cause for real dismay when we play Newcastle.
Mountain
First Team
First Team

Post by Mountain »

becchio bear wrote: Sun Sep 12, 2021 7:21 pm YOU were the one who put Phillips and Meslier into the mix.... :bear:
Yes, because they are Leeds players. He referred to Raphinha "carrying mediocre players", he didn't exclude any Leeds players. You have read into that the qualification "not including Phillips and Meslier".

Furthermore, even if we park the difference on interpretation, my point still stands. If Raphinha looks like he is p****d off with some, many or all of his colleagues, that's ugly. Maybe when he gets to the Ronaldo stage in football, he can give teammates the fed up routine.
BGwhite
Superstar
Superstar

Post by BGwhite »

Cjay wrote:The concern imo are the performances.

I tend to agree with most of what you say and on this occasion I do again.
Shall we say that atm all seems a bit stale. The club needed a new Pablo, someone to pull the strings and orchestrate proceedings but instead they opted to stay with the tried and tested therefore the same old same old so do they honestly think that those same old and now tiring players will improve on last season and take the club forward ? Personally I think not , it is time to introduce new hungry players before we lose those to clubs who are prepared to give them a chance.
The midfield is the engine room of any team but right now the cylinders are totally miss-firing or just not working at all. Why ? Well that's Bielsa's job but he needs to find the solution and fast !

WhiteRose
First Team
First Team

Post by WhiteRose »

Everyone is dancing round it so just to ask the question. How does everyone think we would get on if Bielsa left or was fired. Would a different manager playing different tactics, maybe utilising the whole squad including youngsters get better results from these players? Bielsa himself seems to blame himself after every result yet dosnt seem to change all that much in the next game - so maybe he has run out of ideas and dosnt want to replace the players he has relied upon for 3 years.

Personally I think he is still the best chance we have of surviving but I do wonder if he is the man to take us further.