Leeds Utd v Wolverhampton Wanderers Match Thread

Archive for all MOT match day threads including match previews, in game chat, reports and ratings.
Leeds1000
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Re: Leeds Utd v Wolverhampton Wanderers Match Thread

Post by Leeds1000 »

Still in the midst of a lousy week long cold so can't contribute any positivity sorry. :poorly:

Without Phillips in midfield we just won't be able to gain any control. And as any footballer up and down the country will tell ya, football is won in the engine room.

I hope the lads give me a tonic so i don't need the vodka. Will Forshaw start? Give me another lemsip instead...
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

Boo Radley wrote: Sat Oct 23, 2021 8:25 am Well this is a pessimist thread, and if I were sitting at home I’d feel the exact same but I’m just after traveling over to Leeds for this game - my first in quite a while - and I have to hope that the team will at least put in a decent performance.
There is little logic to support the hope for a real step up, or especially a win today with so many still missing, and especially Philips. However, last week was such a low that there has to be a reaction. Players’ attitudes and abilities are being questioned. Surely that alone would drive you to respond.
Wolves were awkward and lucky against us last season - just maybe we can turn the tables this time around. They are not that good.
Anyway, I have my lucky shirt and I’m just going to stay optimistic, even just for selfish reasons!
Can’t wait to get back into Elland Road later!!
Maybe we'll both bring LUFC some luck with our attendance at ER cheering on the lads.

Enjoy your day, Boo. :scar1
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Leeds1000 wrote: Sat Oct 23, 2021 8:33 am Still in the midst of a lousy week long cold so can't contribute any positivity sorry. :poorly:

Without Phillips in midfield we just won't be able to gain any control. And as any footballer up and down the country will tell ya, football is won in the engine room.

I hope the lads give me a tonic so i don't need the vodka. Will Forshaw start? Give me another lemsip instead...
Get well soon, 1000. :tup:
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Ive got a horrible feeling Adam Forshaw will start vs Wolves who will absolutely batter him.

2 years out and it was so obvious vs Southampton.

Not his fault but a 60% pass accuracy only worsened by 2 kids showed how dire he was.

I hope MB doesnt pick him, the guy shouldnt even be in the squad, he is not even close to match sharp.
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Cjay wrote: Sat Oct 23, 2021 9:04 am Ive got a horrible feeling Adam Forshaw will start vs Wolves who will absolutely batter him.

2 years out and it was so obvious vs Southampton.

Not his fault but a 60% pass accuracy only worsened by 2 kids showed how dire he was.

I hope MB doesnt pick him, the guy shouldnt even be in the squad, he is not even close to match sharp.
But why? he can't be match-fit, that would be a very contradictory selection from Marcelo.
Boo Radley
First Team
First Team

Post by Boo Radley »

1964white wrote: Sat Oct 23, 2021 8:34 am Maybe we'll both bring LUFC some luck with our attendance at ER cheering on the lads.

Enjoy your day, Boo. :scar1
Hopefully’64! Bring the boots just in case - mine are already packed😁!
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Boo Radley wrote: Sat Oct 23, 2021 9:17 am Hopefully’64! Bring the boots just in case - mine are already packed😁!
No need to Boo, as subs we certainly wouldn't be anywhere near the top of Bilesa's pecking order :lol:
john1931
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by john1931 »

Strap yourselves in...it ain't gonna be pleasant....it's a relegation fight this season....at least it's not going to be boring.
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

1964white wrote: Sat Oct 23, 2021 9:16 am But why? he can't be match-fit, that would be a very contradictory selection from Marcelo.
He shouldn't i agree but he cant have been match fit vs Southampton and MB still brought him on for Rodrigo when we needed a goal.

Just wouldn't surprise me.
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
Chilli D
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Chilli D »

Lumiukko wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 7:37 pm Am dreading this one already with KP missing.

I'm in agreement with some on here that I would like to see Raph play as #10 with Harrison and James as wingers. Rodrigo up top, Klich and Bate in midfield and then Shacks, Llorente, Struijk, Dallas as our backs. Sadly, not a chance in hell of that happening.

MB will pick:
Mes
Shacks
Llorente
Cooper
Dallas
Struijk
Klich
Roberts
Raph
James
Rodrigo

With a bench of: Klaesson, Harrison, Forshaw, Gelhardt, Summerville, Cresswell, Greenwood, Drameh, McCarron or McKinstry.
Bate played a full game for the U23's last night so I doubt he will even be on the bench today.
The flowers of common sense do not grow in everyone's garden
White Riot
Superstar
Superstar

Post by White Riot »

Leeds1000 wrote: Sat Oct 23, 2021 8:33 am Still in the midst of a lousy week long cold so can't contribute any positivity sorry. :poorly:

Sorry to here you're under the weather mate, a win would be a good tonic :)

KP helps us, but he can't do it all in that midfield. Bate was played last night in the U23s, so I doubt he'll feature today.

Maybe there's also an element that after three and a quarter seasons of Bielsaball, the older players like Klich, Dallas, Ayling and Cooper are really starting to feel the effects, we look seriously short of energy lately.

I'd rather put a traffic cone out there than Forshaw, Roberts n Rodrigo ain't much better either.

I'm dreading this and expect a pounding.
White Riot
Superstar
Superstar

Post by White Riot »

Cjay wrote: Sat Oct 23, 2021 9:59 am He shouldn't i agree but he cant have been match fit vs Southampton and MB still brought him on for Rodrigo when we needed a goal.

Just wouldn't surprise me.
Me neither, I'm envisioning a midfield of Forshaw, Klich, Roberts and Struijk :shock:

With Neves, Traore, Jimenez and Hee Chan Hwang charging through them like a knife through butter :?
White Riot
Superstar
Superstar

Post by White Riot »

1964white wrote: Sat Oct 23, 2021 9:50 am No need to Boo, as subs we certainly wouldn't be anywhere near the top of Bilesa's pecking order :lol:
Change your names to Roberts, Costa or Forshaw and you're guaranteed at least a sub appearance :)
White Riot
Superstar
Superstar

Post by White Riot »

Radz has sneaked some Nitro into the fuel tank of Forshaw's mobility scooter, to justify his tweet, Wolves will never cope with him today ;-)
Irish Ian
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Irish Ian »

Going to be tough today their loanee striker and Lwb have hit the ground running.

I'd take a point now.
'
"Football is about the people and the players,” he said. “Then there are those who will mingle in the middle: the coaches, executives and journalists. That last group represents the worst part about football" Marcelo Bielsa
Scoobychief
Manager
Manager

Post by Scoobychief »

This really is a must win game for us. Must win game
BGwhite
Superstar
Superstar

Post by BGwhite »

A mustn't lose game and a must win game next week at the Budgies.

Sent from my moto g(9) plus using Tapatalk

Chilli D
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Chilli D »

White Riot wrote: Sat Oct 23, 2021 10:17 am Me neither, I'm envisioning a midfield of Forshaw, Klich, Roberts and Struijk :shock:

With Neves, Traore, Jimenez and Hee Chan Hwang charging through them like a knife through butter :?
Rumour has it, Jimenez may be rested today
Chilli D
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Chilli D »

Really worried about Traore's pace against us today. It could be a nightmare for Captain Grapple
White Riot
Superstar
Superstar

Post by White Riot »

Chilli D wrote: Sat Oct 23, 2021 12:00 pm Rumour has it, Jimenez may be rested today
Maybe gonna take it easy on us :)