Crystal Palace v Leeds Utd Match Thread - Bamford starts for Leeds
- Byebyegeegee
- First Team

- Posts: 2390
- Joined: Fri Jun 19, 2020 5:14 pm
- Location: God’s own county (north)
Re: Crystal Palace v Leeds Utd Match Thread
No Sinisterra and it’s in London. The dice are loaded against us already.
What’s the general consensus on Tierney, is he likely to give us a chance? Referees and VAR between them seem to be more and more the deciding factor in Leeds United matches these days - a lot more often than not to our detriment.
Anyway, come on Leeds!
What’s the general consensus on Tierney, is he likely to give us a chance? Referees and VAR between them seem to be more and more the deciding factor in Leeds United matches these days - a lot more often than not to our detriment.
Anyway, come on Leeds!
- Jaydog
- Superstar

- Posts: 21207
- Joined: Thu Mar 10, 2022 9:52 pm
- Location: Here
Re: Crystal Palace v Leeds Utd Match Thread
Palace are 17th in the home table.
W1 D1 L2
Not exactly anything to fear.
W1 D1 L2
Not exactly anything to fear.
I declare my love for Saint Daniel and I can shoehorn him in to any conversation.
-
Cumbriarents
- Youth Team

- Posts: 183
- Joined: Fri Dec 11, 2020 10:38 pm
Re: Crystal Palace v Leeds Utd Match Thread
It will be a tough game tomorrow.Palaces home record this season is not too bad. Arsenal beat them and so did Chelsea last week, drew with Brentford and beat Villa who we could not.
- Kennyb41
- Superstar

- Posts: 12426
- Joined: Wed Jan 05, 2022 10:15 am
Re: Crystal Palace v Leeds Utd Match Thread
I think Cooper will defo start, 50/50 on Firpo/PS....i agree Firpo is the unknown yet. Perhaps 60/40 Firpo for this game.BlackHillsPaul wrote: ↑Thu Oct 06, 2022 4:59 pm With everyone healthy, but Sinesterra suspended, I expect our lineup to look like this:
.................................Bamford................................
Harrison..................Rodrigo..................Aaronson
.................Roca...........................Adams.................
Firpo...............Struijk..........Koch...........Kristensen
....................................Meslier..................................
I think this is our best starting group of attacking players. Each player in his natural preferred best position. The BIG key is to have Harrison in his preferred spot on the left. He has been ineffective in any other spot. Aaronson is more versatile, but more effective out on the right than in the middle where he get's physically brutalized. Rodrigo is better suited to be the CAM in this set up. And Bamford is clearly our best Striker. This group produced 4 goals in our first two games.
I have inserted Firpo into the starting eleven and moved Struijk inside. I'm not sure Jesse will do that. He may stick with the same back four that got us a clean sheet last week. But my gut tells me that JM still see's Firpo as the starter when healthy.
Not dependent on Google, the www or 'stats' - Just a guy that puts his eyes to full use on the beautiful game
...That Ayling goal and "You couldn't script it
" - Dirty Leeds B@stard.
Must dash.
;@)
Must dash.
;@)
-
danhirons
- Manager

- Posts: 3881
- Joined: Tue Jan 14, 2014 11:21 pm
Re: Crystal Palace v Leeds Utd Match Thread
no cooper? If he's fit he starts 100% tomorrow with Struijk at LB probablyBlackHillsPaul wrote: ↑Thu Oct 06, 2022 4:59 pm With everyone healthy, but Sinesterra suspended, I expect our lineup to look like this:
.................................Bamford................................
Harrison..................Rodrigo..................Aaronson
.................Roca...........................Adams.................
Firpo...............Struijk..........Koch...........Kristensen
....................................Meslier..................................
I think this is our best starting group of attacking players. Each player in his natural preferred best position. The BIG key is to have Harrison in his preferred spot on the left. He has been ineffective in any other spot. Aaronson is more versatile, but more effective out on the right than in the middle where he get's physically brutalized. Rodrigo is better suited to be the CAM in this set up. And Bamford is clearly our best Striker. This group produced 4 goals in our first two games.
I have inserted Firpo into the starting eleven and moved Struijk inside. I'm not sure Jesse will do that. He may stick with the same back four that got us a clean sheet last week. But my gut tells me that JM still see's Firpo as the starter when healthy.
- Kennyb41
- Superstar

- Posts: 12426
- Joined: Wed Jan 05, 2022 10:15 am
Re: Crystal Palace v Leeds Utd Match Thread
For some reason i'm not feeling at all winny, if we do win in convincing fashion i think it'll be a very good win here, but i feel any win will be a scrappy one.
Feeling more losey, a draw will piss me off as well.
Feeling more losey, a draw will piss me off as well.
Not dependent on Google, the www or 'stats' - Just a guy that puts his eyes to full use on the beautiful game
...That Ayling goal and "You couldn't script it
" - Dirty Leeds B@stard.
Must dash.
;@)
Must dash.
;@)
- Pullhard
- Site Contributor

- Posts: 2972
- Joined: Sat Sep 12, 2020 8:23 am
Re: Crystal Palace v Leeds Utd Match Thread
Hope Mes has found his mojo again and has a better day at the office tomorrow.
Outfield players can feed off the keepers confidence ... or the reverse if he he is struggling.
Outfield players can feed off the keepers confidence ... or the reverse if he he is struggling.
-
Boo Radley
- First Team

- Posts: 1844
- Joined: Tue Jun 30, 2020 4:18 pm
Re: Crystal Palace v Leeds Utd Match Thread
Defensively we’re better set up to play Palace away than we have been in recent years. However, our plan of attack is more opaque for this outing as well. Currently, we need so much to go right for our one touch passing attack to work that the odds are against creating any clear cut chances, especially when we are so poor at basic passing in and around midfield and on the wings.
I don’t want us to ease up on our pressing - this could be our greatest source of opportunities tomorrow, but I do want more care and precision when we have the ball. Palace are good on the break and will skin us if we rush upfield and then give stupid ball away.
It’s one we should be aiming to win, but I’d take a draw right now.
I don’t want us to ease up on our pressing - this could be our greatest source of opportunities tomorrow, but I do want more care and precision when we have the ball. Palace are good on the break and will skin us if we rush upfield and then give stupid ball away.
It’s one we should be aiming to win, but I’d take a draw right now.
- andrewjohnsmith
- Superstar

- Posts: 13058
- Joined: Sat Feb 03, 2018 4:58 pm
- Location: California (Donny Born-n-Bred)
- onemoreslogan
- Subs Bench

- Posts: 815
- Joined: Sat Feb 09, 2019 1:48 pm
Re: Crystal Palace v Leeds Utd Match Thread
Exactly. Given the strength of schedule Palace's record is impressive whereas ours should be better. I'm not feeling at all confident especially since Jesse will likely start Rodrigo at CAM which is the kiss of death for me. A point on Sunday and I'll be quite happy.andrewjohnsmith wrote: ↑Sat Oct 08, 2022 2:59 pm Their losses were to Chelsea and Arsenal
They did beat Villa at home.
I wouldn't disrespect Palace on their record. 5 of their 7 have been against the top 6
- andrewjohnsmith
- Superstar

- Posts: 13058
- Joined: Sat Feb 03, 2018 4:58 pm
- Location: California (Donny Born-n-Bred)
Re: Crystal Palace v Leeds Utd Match Thread
Rodrigo/Aaronson set up will be an interesting call. Both play both positions. Jesse did use Rodrigo at AMR in preseason. And Rodrigo spent most of his time playing there for Valencia before he signed for Leeds. Aaronson plays AMR for the USA.onemoreslogan wrote: ↑Sat Oct 08, 2022 4:01 pm Exactly. Given the strength of schedule Palace's record is impressive whereas ours should be better. I'm not feeling at all confident especially since Jesse will likely start Rodrigo at CAM which is the kiss of death for me. A point on Sunday and I'll be quite happy.
- 1964white
- Lord Southwold

- Posts: 155230
- Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:46 am
- Twitter: @1964white
- 1964white
- Lord Southwold

- Posts: 155230
- Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:46 am
- Twitter: @1964white
Re: Crystal Palace v Leeds Utd Match Thread
Yes, Palace had a much tougher start to the season than Leeds.andrewjohnsmith wrote: ↑Sat Oct 08, 2022 2:59 pm Their losses were to Chelsea and Arsenal
They did beat Villa at home.
I wouldn't disrespect Palace on their record. 5 of their 7 have been against the top 6
- Jaydog
- Superstar

- Posts: 21207
- Joined: Thu Mar 10, 2022 9:52 pm
- Location: Here
Re: Crystal Palace v Leeds Utd Match Thread
Confidence Leon
Did I just read they haven’t scored against in 3 games now? Yea that’s correct
unbeaten in 3 (W2 D1)
We don’t win in London often but we shouldn’t fear Palace
I declare my love for Saint Daniel and I can shoehorn him in to any conversation.
- andrewjohnsmith
- Superstar

- Posts: 13058
- Joined: Sat Feb 03, 2018 4:58 pm
- Location: California (Donny Born-n-Bred)
Re: Crystal Palace v Leeds Utd Match Thread
I do listen to every TSB episode. Especially like the Phil Hay shows. But always a great combination of insight, experience, and humour.
Maybe some of the senior guys here should get an MOT podcast going. I listen to 2 or 3 really good Leeds podcasts as well as a couple of pretty poor ones. Would be nice to get a little more in the way of quality.
- 1964white
- Lord Southwold

- Posts: 155230
- Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:46 am
- Twitter: @1964white
- Jaydog
- Superstar

- Posts: 21207
- Joined: Thu Mar 10, 2022 9:52 pm
- Location: Here
Re: Crystal Palace v Leeds Utd Match Thread
We are developing a good record against them and at least they will try to play unlike Villa. I’d be happy with a point and a solid performance though
I declare my love for Saint Daniel and I can shoehorn him in to any conversation.
- 1964white
- Lord Southwold

- Posts: 155230
- Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:46 am
- Twitter: @1964white
Re: Crystal Palace v Leeds Utd Match Thread
I don't believe anyone would be as amusing as Dan, Michael & Moscow.andrewjohnsmith wrote: ↑Sat Oct 08, 2022 5:46 pm I do listen to every TSB episode. Especially like the Phil Hay shows. But always a great combination of insight, experience, and humour.
Maybe some of the senior guys here should get an MOT podcast going. I listen to 2 or 3 really good Leeds podcasts as well as a couple of pretty poor ones. Would be nice to get a little more in the way of quality.
- 1964white
- Lord Southwold

- Posts: 155230
- Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:46 am
- Twitter: @1964white
Re: Crystal Palace v Leeds Utd Match Thread
They should do at home, Jay,
Ayew & Zaha (a miserable talented footballer) have their moments when it comes to play-acting/diving, etc.
Someone needs to start scoring for us on a regular basis if we are to start winning football matches.
- Irish Ian
- Superstar

- Posts: 17184
- Joined: Fri Jan 18, 2019 5:53 pm
- Location: Directly above the centre of the Earth.
Re: Crystal Palace v Leeds Utd Match Thread
Palace have not scored in three games against us.
Bamford is one goal away from his ton of League goals.
Looking good
Bamford is one goal away from his ton of League goals.
Looking good
'
"Football is about the people and the players,” he said. “Then there are those who will mingle in the middle: the coaches, executives and journalists. That last group represents the worst part about football" Marcelo Bielsa
"Football is about the people and the players,” he said. “Then there are those who will mingle in the middle: the coaches, executives and journalists. That last group represents the worst part about football" Marcelo Bielsa