Crystal Palace v Leeds Utd Match Thread - Bamford starts for Leeds

Archive for all MOT match day threads including match previews, in game chat, reports and ratings.
Post Reply
Crystal Palace v Leeds United
Crystal Palace
Crystal Palace
2–1
Premier League
09/10/2022
Selhurst Park
Leeds United
Leeds United
All-time record vs Crystal Palace
71
Played
32
Won
19
Drawn
20
Lost
+31
GD
45%
Win %
Away record
34
Played
7
Won
14
Drawn
13
Lost
-10
GD
21%
Win %
DateGroundScoreCompetition
25/04/2022 Selhurst Park 0–0 D Premier League ↗
30/11/2021 Elland Road 1–0 W Premier League ↗
08/02/2021 Elland Road 2–0 W Premier League ↗
07/11/2020 Selhurst Park 4–1 L Premier League ↗
09/03/2013 Selhurst Park 2–2 D Championship ↗
All-time top scorers vs Crystal Palace
#PlayerGoals
1 Luciano Becchio 5
2 Peter Lorimer 5
3 John Sheridan 4
4 Johnny Giles 3
5 Mick Jones 3
Starting XI
Goa Meslier
Def Koch
Def Cooper ©
Def Struijk
Mid Adams
Mid Roca
Mid Aaronson
For Moreno
Mid Harrison
For Bamford
Substitutes
SUB Ayling
SUB Gelhardt
SUB Klich
Unused Substitutes
-- Klaesson
-- Llorente
-- Gyabi
-- Gnonto
-- Greenwood
User avatar
andrewjohnsmith
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 13057
Joined: Sat Feb 03, 2018 4:58 pm
Location: California (Donny Born-n-Bred)

Re: Crystal Palace v Leeds Utd Match Thread - Bamford starts for Leeds

Post by andrewjohnsmith »

Jaydog wrote: ↑Mon Oct 10, 2022 6:51 pm Surprised you want him sacked Paul. Respect your opinion but you were a 6 the other day so can 1 game change it that dramatically. I mean who isn’t disappointed with the Palace game but some serious individual errors cost us. They really changed the game. I don’t think JM is the future but I think he’ll keep us up. And sacking him for who? Some quick fix numpty. Don’t see whose out there as Poch is a pipe dream. He ain’t coming here
I think opinion dropped heavily with a lot of people this weekend. I went from 7 to 5. It's an accumulation. At Villa we blame the red card. Previous games we've blamed officials and negative opposition tactics. Yesterday there was nobody to blame but ourselves. I said I'll wait until the world cup. But I turned a lot more pessimistic in just one day.
Nord VPN
Stream games in safety! Get NordVPN with up to 75% off + 3 months free
Get NordVPN →
User avatar
Jaydog
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 21202
Joined: Thu Mar 10, 2022 9:52 pm
Location: Here

Re: Crystal Palace v Leeds Utd Match Thread - Bamford starts for Leeds

Post by Jaydog »

andrewjohnsmith wrote: ↑Mon Oct 10, 2022 7:01 pm I think opinion dropped heavily with a lot of people this weekend. I went from 7 to 5. It's an accumulation. At Villa we blame the red card. Previous games we've blamed officials and negative opposition tactics. Yesterday there was nobody to blame but ourselves. I said I'll wait until the world cup. But I turned a lot more pessimistic in just one day.
I get that, but if he goes who exactly is coming in. And the players will be the same. Needs a minimum of 6 more points between now and the WC. Maybe 5 would be acceptable. 2 hard games back after the WC. If it goes badly he may well go then.
I declare my love for Saint Daniel and I can shoehorn him in to any conversation.
User avatar
BobHirst
Manager
Manager
Posts: 3452
Joined: Sun Jun 26, 2011 5:20 pm
Location: Texas

Re: Crystal Palace v Leeds Utd Match Thread - Bamford starts for Leeds

Post by BobHirst »

Kennyb41 wrote: ↑Mon Oct 10, 2022 1:39 pm So someone like you knows more about the player than 2 managers that are with them on a daily basis, ....yeah reet.
And yet you know better than the managers that are with him on a daily basis that Cooper is crap?
BTW Cooper is crap but slightly less crap than Liorente.
User avatar
Kennyb41
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 12426
Joined: Wed Jan 05, 2022 10:15 am

Re: Crystal Palace v Leeds Utd Match Thread - Bamford starts for Leeds

Post by Kennyb41 »

BobHirst wrote: ↑Mon Oct 10, 2022 8:00 pm And yet you know better than the managers that are with him on a daily basis that Cooper is crap?
BTW Cooper is crap but slightly less crap than Liorente.
Correct.

My eyes have hard evidence of years of Cooper.

I know virtually Jack about our younguns and their readiness for 90 mins in the best league in the world.
Not dependent on Google, the www or 'stats' - Just a guy that puts his eyes to full use on the beautiful game :geek: ...That Ayling goal and "You couldn't script it :lol: " - Dirty Leeds B@stard.
Must dash.
;@)
SG90
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 23123
Joined: Sat Dec 29, 2012 11:29 pm

Re: Crystal Palace v Leeds Utd Match Thread - Bamford starts for Leeds

Post by SG90 »

Jaydog wrote: ↑Mon Oct 10, 2022 7:08 pm I get that, but if he goes who exactly is coming in. And the players will be the same. Needs a minimum of 6 more points between now and the WC. Maybe 5 would be acceptable. 2 hard games back after the WC. If it goes badly he may well go then.
I think he deserves the season, but I'd only get rid if our situation was dire like last season. Contrary to popular belief, I wanted Bielsa to finish the season, but unfortunately we couldn't afford the risk. If we finish 17th or above, I don't really think the board can complain. I've seen nothing from them to suggest we should be aiming higher.

I do hope the 49ers are allowed to put money in in January. No way we can afford to chance it again.
SG90
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 23123
Joined: Sat Dec 29, 2012 11:29 pm

Re: Crystal Palace v Leeds Utd Match Thread - Bamford starts for Leeds

Post by SG90 »

BobHirst wrote: ↑Mon Oct 10, 2022 8:00 pm And yet you know better than the managers that are with him on a daily basis that Cooper is crap?
BTW Cooper is crap but slightly less crap than Liorente.
I wonder if being dropped will fire Llorente up or will it make him even worse?
User avatar
andrewjohnsmith
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 13057
Joined: Sat Feb 03, 2018 4:58 pm
Location: California (Donny Born-n-Bred)

Re: Crystal Palace v Leeds Utd Match Thread - Bamford starts for Leeds

Post by andrewjohnsmith »

SG90 wrote: ↑Mon Oct 10, 2022 8:51 pm I think he deserves the season, but I'd only get rid if our situation was dire like last season. Contrary to popular belief, I wanted Bielsa to finish the season, but unfortunately we couldn't afford the risk. If we finish 17th or above, I don't really think the board can complain. I've seen nothing from them to suggest we should be aiming higher.

I do hope the 49ers are allowed to put money in in January. No way we can afford to chance it again.
Hope that's the case too. Don't know how that impacts the ownership structure though. If they put in more money, their share goes up.
User avatar
andrewjohnsmith
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 13057
Joined: Sat Feb 03, 2018 4:58 pm
Location: California (Donny Born-n-Bred)

Re: Crystal Palace v Leeds Utd Match Thread - Bamford starts for Leeds

Post by andrewjohnsmith »

SG90 wrote: ↑Mon Oct 10, 2022 8:52 pm I wonder if being dropped will fire Llorente up or will it make him even worse?
Seemed a mental thing with Llorente. I know they work with sports psychologists. Would hope a rest will bring him back with a bit more clarity and composure.
Nord VPN
Stream games in safety! Get NordVPN with up to 75% off + 3 months free
Get NordVPN →
Post Reply