Heard plenty of "Marching on Together" and "Yorkshire Republican Army." But not one "You'll Never Walk Alone"
Liverpool 1-2 Leeds Utd Match Thread - Post Match Debate.
- andrewjohnsmith
- Superstar

- Posts: 13057
- Joined: Sat Feb 03, 2018 4:58 pm
- Location: California (Donny Born-n-Bred)
Re: Liverpool V Leeds Utd Match Thread - Jesse Marsch faces injury crisis
- Cjay
- Superstar

- Posts: 41696
- Joined: Tue Aug 01, 2017 3:01 pm
Re: Liverpool V Leeds Utd Match Thread - Jesse Marsch faces injury crisis
Signed
King Cjay
Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
King Cjay
Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
- 1964white
- Lord Southwold

- Posts: 155150
- Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:46 am
- Twitter: @1964white
-
Cumbriarents
- Youth Team

- Posts: 183
- Joined: Fri Dec 11, 2020 10:38 pm
Re: Liverpool V Leeds Utd Match Thread - Jesse Marsch faces injury crisis
The players are definitely with Jesse. They have shown in the last few games they are up for the fight.
- andrewjohnsmith
- Superstar

- Posts: 13057
- Joined: Sat Feb 03, 2018 4:58 pm
- Location: California (Donny Born-n-Bred)
Re: Liverpool V Leeds Utd Match Thread - Jesse Marsch faces injury crisis
I said much the same about Summerville. Played wrong side in first half. More involved in 2nd but final ball lacking. Hopefully that goal - which he took really well - helps his confidence and sees him kick on. We've all seen what a quality player he is.
-
Cumbriarents
- Youth Team

- Posts: 183
- Joined: Fri Dec 11, 2020 10:38 pm
-
SG90
- Superstar

- Posts: 23125
- Joined: Sat Dec 29, 2012 11:29 pm
-
SG90
- Superstar

- Posts: 23125
- Joined: Sat Dec 29, 2012 11:29 pm
- andrewjohnsmith
- Superstar

- Posts: 13057
- Joined: Sat Feb 03, 2018 4:58 pm
- Location: California (Donny Born-n-Bred)
-
SG90
- Superstar

- Posts: 23125
- Joined: Sat Dec 29, 2012 11:29 pm
Re: Liverpool V Leeds Utd Match Thread - Jesse Marsch faces injury crisis
Souness saying Liverpool would have won if there was fairness
Ok Pinocchio.
- Kennyb41
- Superstar

- Posts: 12426
- Joined: Wed Jan 05, 2022 10:15 am
Re: Liverpool V Leeds Utd Match Thread - Jesse Marsch faces injury crisis
BlackHillsPaul wrote: ↑Sat Oct 29, 2022 9:30 pm Thanks Kenny. I was about to say the same thing. Jesse has NOT lost the players. I think they still believe in the project. The tactics. And the Manager. But going forward results will speak for themselves. I want him to succeed. But the jury is still out for me.
I liked the positional switch of Harrison and Summerville in the 2nd half. I thought that was tactically smart. And Summerville started to impact the game. He showed some trust in youth by bringing on Gnonto. Not sure I would have done that. But it was a good move. And I think most of us want to see more of the little fella. In the end it's 3 HUGE points. And a good performance. It will be interesting to see what type of performance we get at home against Bournemouth. If it's a shite he will be right back on the hot seat...
To be blunt Paul it was tactically wrong in the first place but at least he changed it for the better.
I 100% want him to succeed but he keeps giving massive warning signs and it's got to be backed up with something tactically smart against the teams that are gonna make it hard for us, there was also nothing in that game that showed me good possession, it was still frantic ball but yes it worked against a suitable opponent playing how it suits such.
I'm still not confident enough to say '''fck yeah we're gonna smash Bournemouth' because it depends on what Jesse does and which Leeds team turns up.
But, he's given me that glimmer again when i had us for dead n buried, just please back it up.
Not dependent on Google, the www or 'stats' - Just a guy that puts his eyes to full use on the beautiful game
...That Ayling goal and "You couldn't script it
" - Dirty Leeds B@stard.
Must dash.
;@)
Must dash.
;@)
- 1964white
- Lord Southwold

- Posts: 155150
- Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:46 am
- Twitter: @1964white
Re: Liverpool V Leeds Utd Match Thread - Jesse Marsch faces injury crisis
Just after the awful Bamford missed opportunity, the ball was lobbed into our box with Cooper allowing the ball to drop, then totally losing sight of the ball. Those two moments from our most experienced players could have cost us.
-
Jimang
- Reserve Player

- Posts: 469
- Joined: Thu Oct 28, 2021 6:03 am
- andrewjohnsmith
- Superstar

- Posts: 13057
- Joined: Sat Feb 03, 2018 4:58 pm
- Location: California (Donny Born-n-Bred)
Re: Liverpool V Leeds Utd Match Thread - Jesse Marsch faces injury crisis
I said pregame that we'd see Gnonto given he was the only wide player on the bench. And I was screaming al first half to get Summerville and Harrison on their preferred wings.BlackHillsPaul wrote: ↑Sat Oct 29, 2022 9:30 pm Thanks Kenny. I was about to say the same thing. Jesse has NOT lost the players. I think they still believe in the project. The tactics. And the Manager. But going forward results will speak for themselves. I want him to succeed. But the jury is still out for me.
I liked the positional switch of Harrison and Summerville in the 2nd half. I thought that was tactically smart. And Summerville started to impact the game. He showed some trust in youth by bringing on Gnonto. Not sure I would have done that. But it was a good move. And I think most of us want to see more of the little fella. In the end it's 3 HUGE points. And a good performance. It will be interesting to see what type of performance we get at home against Bournemouth. If it's a shite he will be right back on the hot seat...
Great to see at full time some of the big hugs the players were giving Marsch. It was like a few of them acknowledging that this win and performance was for him. Let's hope we see an upturn.
- 1964white
- Lord Southwold

- Posts: 155150
- Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:46 am
- Twitter: @1964white
- andrewjohnsmith
- Superstar

- Posts: 13057
- Joined: Sat Feb 03, 2018 4:58 pm
- Location: California (Donny Born-n-Bred)
- andrewjohnsmith
- Superstar

- Posts: 13057
- Joined: Sat Feb 03, 2018 4:58 pm
- Location: California (Donny Born-n-Bred)
- BlackHillsPaul
- Site Contributor

- Posts: 4514
- Joined: Tue Apr 19, 2022 5:53 pm
- Location: Arizona, USA
Re: Liverpool V Leeds Utd Match Thread - Jesse Marsch faces injury crisis
I agree. Should have never started out that way. How many times have you read my words. Harrison is only good on the left. I've said it multiple times. And I'm not convinced with regard to the tactics. Teams that come to play will be hurt by us. The test is against a team like Bournemouth.Kennyb41 wrote: ↑Sat Oct 29, 2022 9:42 pm To be blunt Paul it was tactically wrong in the first place but at least he changed it for the better.
I 100% want him to succeed but he keeps giving massive warning signs and it's got to be backed up with something tactically smart against the teams that are gonna make it hard for us, there was also nothing in that game that showed me good possession, it was still frantic ball but yes it worked against a suitable opponent playing how it suits such.
I'm still not confident enough to say '''fck yeah we're gonna smash Bournemouth' because it depends on what Jesse does and which Leeds team turns up.
But, he's given me that glimmer again when i had us for dead n buried, just please back it up.
Football/Futbol/Soccer
-
SG90
- Superstar

- Posts: 23125
- Joined: Sat Dec 29, 2012 11:29 pm
Re: Liverpool V Leeds Utd Match Thread - Jesse Marsch faces injury crisis
I thought Liverpool wouldn't make the top 4 this season due to ageing squad. Think it will be Citeh scum Arsenal and Chelski.andrewjohnsmith wrote: ↑Sat Oct 29, 2022 9:47 pm What does the league table say?
I've been saying a Top 7 for the past couple of weeks. You have to think that Liverpool will bounce back.
- YorkshireSquare
- Administrator

- Posts: 15032
- Joined: Sun May 18, 2003 1:34 pm
- Twitter: @motforum
- Location: Leeds
- Contact: