Jean-Kévin Augustin-Appealing wage compensation

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Irish Ian
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Re: Jean-Kévin Augustin-LUFC ordered to pay Leipzig €21million as CAS sides with them.

Post by Irish Ian »

Cjay wrote: Fri Nov 04, 2022 12:58 pm Sad thing about that is everyone of those contributed something.

Benteke got some goals.
Soldado got a few.
Even Woody got 1

They were flops because of expectations but all contributed atleast 1 thing and many got some money back.

Spurs £14mil for Soldado
Madrid for Woody £8mil
Manure Di Maria £50+mil
Liverpool for Benteke £20mil
Chelsea for Torres £500k

Etc.

That's the issue really, we get literally nothing.
Woodys was an OG?

But that wasn't my point.

Re JKA.

The only person who could have avoided the JKA fiasco was the player himself, and we cant even say that with any surety.
'
"Football is about the people and the players,” he said. “Then there are those who will mingle in the middle: the coaches, executives and journalists. That last group represents the worst part about football" Marcelo Bielsa
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Re: Jean-Kévin Augustin- Case to be heard in 2022 at Court of Arbitration for Sport.

Post by The Subhuman »

Cjay wrote: Fri Nov 04, 2022 12:47 pm Maybe so.

But £18mil with absolutely nothing to show for it, not even a player is bad by any standards.

Transfers don't always work out of course.

But getting literally nothing for £18mil is pretty unheard.

There won't be many cases of that I'd imagine.

And there is still the possibility JKA could take us to court for loss of earnings and he would win and it would cost millions.
Not really 18M losses aren't that uncommon...
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
Rook
First Team
First Team

Re: Jean-Kévin Augustin-LUFC ordered to pay Leipzig €21million as CAS sides with them.

Post by Rook »

I've only just this minute learnt that JKA isn't even at Nantes anymore.

He signed for Basel on a free transfer in the summer transfer window.
I smell blood and an era of prominent mad men - W.H. Auden
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Rook wrote: Fri Nov 04, 2022 1:06 pm I've only just this minute learnt that JKA isn't even at Nantes anymore.

He signed for Basel on a free transfer in the summer transfer window.
He did... It was just a s**t storm of unfortunate...
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
Rook
First Team
First Team

Post by Rook »

faaip wrote: Fri Nov 04, 2022 1:10 pm He did... It was just a s**t storm of unfortunate...

Two goals in three appearances for Basel.

Maybe things are finally turning around for him.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Rook wrote: Fri Nov 04, 2022 1:20 pm Two goals in three appearances for Basel.

Maybe things are finally turning around for him.
Hope so, I don't think the scouting was off particularly. Lionel Messi rated him very highly and he was listed as one of the hottest talents in Europe at one point...
Chilli D
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Chilli D »

Don't pay it and appeal.
The flowers of common sense do not grow in everyone's garden
Tyzy
First Team
First Team

Post by Tyzy »

Maybe we should ask for him back.
I'm not sure how you can transfer for free before this dispute was settled,Surely if we pay he's our player.

I thought he had some serious medical condition preventing him play ?
Overman
Manager
Manager

Post by Overman »

Tyzy wrote: Fri Nov 04, 2022 2:03 pm Maybe we should ask for him back.
I'm not sure how you can transfer for free before this dispute was settled,Surely if we pay he's our player.

No real serious medical condition, just a case of total shiteness.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Long covid, I think we came to an agreement on his future
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

They aren't telling lies here.

The room for appeal is tiny.
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Can't ask for him back.

Both us and Leipzig washed our hands of him in 2020 refusing to take ownership.

So FIFA made him a free agent.
Signed

King Cjay

Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Chilli D wrote: Fri Nov 04, 2022 1:56 pm Don't pay it and appeal.
And pay £100ks in legal fees only to basically certainly lose?

Nah we have made enough of a tit of ourselves.

We were in the wrong so pay up.
Signed

King Cjay

Mountain
First Team
First Team

Post by Mountain »

Cjay wrote: Fri Nov 04, 2022 12:58 pm Sad thing about that is everyone of those contributed something.

Benteke got some goals.
Soldado got a few.
Even Woody got 1

They were flops because of expectations but all contributed atleast 1 thing and many got some money back.

Spurs £14mil for Soldado
Madrid for Woody £8mil
Manure Di Maria £50+mil
Liverpool for Benteke £20mil
Chelsea for Torres £500k

Etc.

That's the issue really, we get literally nothing.
I agree. They were flops for football reasons. Which you accept in football.

But it seems that Leeds have to shell out here because of incompetence. The club didn't get an option to buy, it took on an obligation to buy. It seems like madness. Now, we don't know if it was the deal Orta negotiated, or a failure on the part of the legal team to ensure the contract reflected the deal he negotiated. But it is one incredible screw up.
CHAPELALLMAN
Manager
Manager

Post by CHAPELALLMAN »

Worth remembering that the panic to bring JKA in was caused by Paddy's profligacy in front of goal at the time, which the hierarchy were worried might cost the club promotion.
Last edited by CHAPELALLMAN on Fri Nov 04, 2022 4:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rook
First Team
First Team

Post by Rook »

CHAPELALLMAN wrote: Fri Nov 04, 2022 3:38 pm Worth remembering that the panic to bring JKA in was caused by Paddy's profligacy in front of goal at the time which the hierarchy were worried might cost the club promotion.

That, and Arsenal recalling Eddie Nketiah from his loan, due to a lack of appearances.
danhirons
Manager
Manager

Post by danhirons »

transfer fee of EUR 440k per minute of playing time we got out of this deal...has there ever been a worse record than that?
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Don't forget we paid a significant loan fee as well, apparently somewhere in the region of £1.7-2mil according to reports in Germany.

And as Phil Hay said at the time we were paying a significant part of JKA's wages which I assume means more than 50%.

His wages at Leipzig were around £92k a week.

So let's say we paid £50k of that which is just over half.

Then in total you are looking at somewhere around £3mil more.

This deal will cost us over £20mil.
Signed

King Cjay

Jaydog
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Jaydog »

One thing is for sure JKA was one of the great Frauds of football. Imagine all the money he’s stockpiled for being s**t or injured.
Ipswich won’t fade. As predicted.
Irish Ian
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Irish Ian »

Jaydog wrote: Fri Nov 04, 2022 4:06 pm One thing is for sure JKA was one of the great Frauds of football. Imagine all the money he’s stockpiled for being s**t or injured.

Really?

I bet you wouldn't say that to his face

If he did he would be in his rights to sue your arse to kingdom come.
'
"Football is about the people and the players,” he said. “Then there are those who will mingle in the middle: the coaches, executives and journalists. That last group represents the worst part about football" Marcelo Bielsa