Leeds Utd 4-3 Bournemouth. UNCUT VERSION. You'll feel you were there.

Archive for all MOT match day threads including match previews, in game chat, reports and ratings.
Post Reply
Leeds United v Bournemouth
Leeds United
Leeds United
4–3
Premier League
05/11/2022
Elland Road
Bournemouth
Bournemouth
All-time record vs Bournemouth
17
Played
11
Won
4
Drawn
2
Lost
+13
GD
65%
Win %
Home record at Elland Road
9
Played
8
Won
1
Drawn
0
Lost
+14
GD
89%
Win %
DateGroundScoreCompetition
20/01/2015 Elland Road 1–0 W Championship ↗
16/09/2014 Golsands Stadium 1–3 W Championship ↗
25/03/2014 Golsands Stadium 4–1 L Championship ↗
01/10/2013 Elland Road 2–1 W Championship ↗
08/03/2008 Elland Road 2–0 W League One ↗
All-time top scorers vs Bournemouth
#PlayerGoals
1 Carl Shutt 3
2 Sean Longstaff 2
3 Ross McCormack 2
4 Tresor Kandol 2
5 Chris Fairclough 1
Starting XI
Goa Meslier
Def Koch
Def Cooper ©
Def Struijk
Mid Adams
Mid Roca
Mid Harrison
Mid Aaronson
For Moreno
Substitutes
SUB Greenwood
SUB Gnonto
SUB Ayling
SUB Gelhardt
Unused Substitutes
-- Firpo
-- Klaesson
-- Llorente
-- Klich
-- Joseph
User avatar
Jaydog
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 21207
Joined: Thu Mar 10, 2022 9:52 pm
Location: Here

Re: Leeds Utd v Bournemouth Match Thread

Post by Jaydog »

Clueless Yank wrote: ↑Fri Nov 04, 2022 6:23 pm There's some truth to that but why would you take gambling advice from a site that doesn't know how to count? If you exclude Chelsea, Arsenal, and Liverpool, it's 6 points in 9 games, not 6 points in 12.

(BTW... don't get me started about the game in hand and how everyone ignores that "15th" could reasonably be anything from 11th to 15th depending on the value of the GIH.)
It’s a typo. I only ever lose my money based on my own predictions tbh 😀
But The Sporting Life are very good at what they do especially on racing & golf
I declare my love for Saint Daniel and I can shoehorn him in to any conversation.
User avatar
Byebyegeegee
First Team
First Team
Posts: 2390
Joined: Fri Jun 19, 2020 5:14 pm
Location: God’s own county (north)

Re: Leeds Utd v Bournemouth Match Thread

Post by Byebyegeegee »

Wont be watching live today - otherwise engaged. If we win I’ll probably watch a whole match re-run if I can find one. If we don’t win I won’t bother as I can’t bear to see us lose. If we draw I don’t think I’ll bother either as, to me, versus Bournemouth at home really is a win or nothing game.

Come on Leeds!
Mountain
First Team
First Team
Posts: 2285
Joined: Sun Jan 31, 2021 5:20 am

Re: Leeds Utd v Bournemouth Match Thread

Post by Mountain »

Kieffer Moore is the classic journeyman pro, and Solanke is most famous for his "signs for 20 million, scores 3 goals" season. They've lost 3 in a row.

Winning by 1 will be fine, but it should be comfortable.
User avatar
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 79072
Joined: Wed Mar 24, 2010 10:03 am
Location: God's own county

Re: Leeds Utd v Bournemouth Match Thread

Post by The Subhuman »

Byebyegeegee wrote: ↑Sat Nov 05, 2022 9:19 am Wont be watching live today - otherwise engaged. If we win I’ll probably watch a whole match re-run if I can find one. If we don’t win I won’t bother as I can’t bear to see us lose. If we draw I don’t think I’ll bother either as, to me, versus Bournemouth at home really is a win or nothing game.

Come on Leeds!
Gotta stick a new exhaust on the car ... 2pm appointment, fingers crossed I'm not sat there for 2 hours
"A mind is like a parachute, it doesn't work if it's not open"
User avatar
Jaydog
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 21207
Joined: Thu Mar 10, 2022 9:52 pm
Location: Here

Re: Leeds Utd v Bournemouth Match Thread

Post by Jaydog »

4-2-3-1 has been used in half of his games but essentially they are hard to break down, lob it up to the tall guy sort of team
I declare my love for Saint Daniel and I can shoehorn him in to any conversation.
User avatar
Chilli D
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 8788
Joined: Tue Apr 17, 2018 2:31 pm

Re: Leeds Utd v Bournemouth Match Thread

Post by Chilli D »

Byebyegeegee wrote: ↑Sat Nov 05, 2022 9:19 am Wont be watching live today - otherwise engaged. If we win I’ll probably watch a whole match re-run if I can find one. If we don’t win I won’t bother as I can’t bear to see us lose. If we draw I don’t think I’ll bother either as, to me, versus Bournemouth at home really is a win or nothing game.

Come on Leeds!
Same. Can't watch today but will be checking this match thread on my phone every few minutes
The flowers of common sense do not grow in everyone's garden
User avatar
Chilli D
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 8788
Joined: Tue Apr 17, 2018 2:31 pm

Re: Leeds Utd v Bournemouth Match Thread

Post by Chilli D »

Jaydog wrote: ↑Sat Nov 05, 2022 9:49 am 4-2-3-1 has been used in half of his games but essentially they are hard to break down, lob it up to the tall guy sort of team
And the tall guy (Moore) is very good in the air. Cutting out his supply line is important.
The flowers of common sense do not grow in everyone's garden
User avatar
Jaydog
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 21207
Joined: Thu Mar 10, 2022 9:52 pm
Location: Here

Re: Leeds Utd v Bournemouth Match Thread

Post by Jaydog »

Chilli D wrote: ↑Sat Nov 05, 2022 10:16 am And the tall guy (Moore) is very good in the air. Cutting out his supply line is important.
Really should be beating this lot at home. If it’s another Fulham….
I declare my love for Saint Daniel and I can shoehorn him in to any conversation.
User avatar
Chilli D
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 8788
Joined: Tue Apr 17, 2018 2:31 pm

Re: Leeds Utd v Bournemouth Match Thread

Post by Chilli D »

Jaydog wrote: ↑Sat Nov 05, 2022 10:19 am Really should be beating this lot at home. If it’s another Fulham….
Without question but this is us after all....
The flowers of common sense do not grow in everyone's garden
User avatar
mentalcase
MOT Legend
MOT Legend
Posts: 10414
Joined: Sun Aug 08, 2021 3:19 pm

Re: Leeds Utd v Bournemouth Match Thread

Post by mentalcase »

If embarrison dosen't shine today against this lot it's time to cut loose, simple as that, whether he starts on left or right is immaterial for a professional footballer, but, give benifit of doubt here, put him in his favoured left slot once again, for the umpteenth time this season alone, and fill your boots lad.
Bournemouth are in PL on merit and will be no push overs for the likes of us, having said that, we ought to have slightly more about us to enable a win, anything less simply wouldn't be good enough, a win would send confidence high for our last game at spurs before the break.
" Man is not affected by events but by the view he takes of them "
Boo Radley
First Team
First Team
Posts: 1844
Joined: Tue Jun 30, 2020 4:18 pm

Re: Leeds Utd v Bournemouth Match Thread

Post by Boo Radley »

BGwhite wrote: ↑Thu Nov 03, 2022 10:40 pm This definitely isn't a gimme! I have a feeling like the Wigan at home game in MB's first season.... should win it, capable of winning it...but a balls-up is just around the corner.

Sent from my moto g(9) plus using Tapatalk
I feel the exact same way about this!

We have to remember that there is still considerable pressure on Marsch and the team today in spite of the Liverpool result. That was the cream, today is bread and butter and we have to win and show everyone that we are capable of winning against a team that will shut up shop.

I agree with many others here that the same team as last week must start, but with Harrison on the left. Even when Jackie had a clear shot on goal in the box on his right leg against Liverpool, everyone could see he had no confidence that he would score. He's not comfortable there.

Our lack of threat and invention in our set pieces could hurt us today. The fact we pose so little threat means that Bournemouth can foul or boot a ball out for a corner every time we threaten to open them, knowing they will handle what we send into them. Under Marsch initially we improved in this area but now we're back to Bielsa days of being harmless when we have them. We are better at defending them but Moore could test that today as well.

We simply have to win this.
User avatar
mentalcase
MOT Legend
MOT Legend
Posts: 10414
Joined: Sun Aug 08, 2021 3:19 pm

Re: Leeds Utd v Bournemouth Match Thread

Post by mentalcase »

Oh. and I would like us to stop those stupid free-kicks between JH & BA which end with nothing, same as the corners, what is all that about exactly, what do they do in training !!
" Man is not affected by events but by the view he takes of them "
User avatar
1964white
Lord Southwold
Lord Southwold
Posts: 155305
Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:46 am
Twitter: @1964white

Re: Leeds Utd v Bournemouth Match Thread

Post by 1964white »

mentalcase wrote: ↑Sat Nov 05, 2022 10:48 am Oh. and I would like us to stop those stupid free-kicks between JH & BA which end with nothing, same as the corners, what is all that about exactly, what do they do in training !!
Do your head in don't they Mental.

Roca takes a better corner than both them, I have no doubt we have a better free-kick specialist as opposed to the whispering duo.

Anyway off I head to ER, hope I'm not fuming when I return.

Come on Leeds :scar1
User avatar
John in Louisiana
Site Contributor
Site Contributor
Posts: 13927
Joined: Sat Mar 15, 2014 6:09 pm
Location: No Longer Lousiana - Southern Illinois

Re: Leeds Utd v Bournemouth Match Thread

Post by John in Louisiana »

1964white wrote: ↑Sat Nov 05, 2022 11:11 am Do your head in don't they Mental.

Roca takes a better corner than both them, I have no doubt we have a better free-kick specialist as opposed to the whispering duo.

Anyway off I head to ER, hope I'm not fuming when I return.

Come on Leeds :scar1
Sort of off topic, but I wonder...........

The one time I was able to get to Elland Road I was overwhelmed by the special atmosphere surrounding the place, and that was when we were still in the Championship. I've never experienced anything like it, and I've been to World Series games and NFL and NBA playoff games.

You've been going to ER for decades, 64. Does that feeling ever wear off? I hope not.

Today is one of those games we have to win if we want to achieve our goal for the season (to remain comfortably mid-table). Liverpool means nothing without a win today. A win today and I'll feel I can finally celebrate the Liverpool win properly.
User avatar
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 79072
Joined: Wed Mar 24, 2010 10:03 am
Location: God's own county

Re: Leeds Utd v Bournemouth Match Thread

Post by The Subhuman »

1964white wrote: ↑Sat Nov 05, 2022 11:11 am Do your head in don't they Mental.

Roca takes a better corner than both them, I have no doubt we have a better free-kick specialist as opposed to the whispering duo.

Anyway off I head to ER, hope I'm not fuming when I return.

Come on Leeds :scar1
Again that's a Marsch tactic, don't like it don't blame the players blame Marsch ...
"A mind is like a parachute, it doesn't work if it's not open"
User avatar
Irish Ian
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 17184
Joined: Fri Jan 18, 2019 5:53 pm
Location: Directly above the centre of the Earth.

Re: Leeds Utd v Bournemouth Match Thread

Post by Irish Ian »

John in Louisiana wrote: ↑Sat Nov 05, 2022 12:07 pm Sort of off topic, but I wonder...........

The one time I was able to get to Elland Road I was overwhelmed by the special atmosphere surrounding the place, and that was when we were still in the Championship. I've never experienced anything like it, and I've been to World Series games and NFL and NBA playoff games.

You've been going to ER for decades, 64. Does that feeling ever wear off? I hope not.

Today is one of those games we have to win if we want to achieve our goal for the season (to remain comfortably mid-table). Liverpool means nothing without a win today. A win today and I'll feel I can finally celebrate the Liverpool win properly.
Special day wasn't it John?

I had the joy of being there when Joffy scored that wonderful winner last season as well.


What a buzz.
'
"Football is about the people and the players,” he said. “Then there are those who will mingle in the middle: the coaches, executives and journalists. That last group represents the worst part about football" Marcelo Bielsa
User avatar
Byebyegeegee
First Team
First Team
Posts: 2390
Joined: Fri Jun 19, 2020 5:14 pm
Location: God’s own county (north)

Re: Leeds Utd v Bournemouth Match Thread

Post by Byebyegeegee »

faaip wrote: ↑Sat Nov 05, 2022 9:49 am Gotta stick a new exhaust on the car ... 2pm appointment, fingers crossed I'm not sat there for 2 hours
Lucky you. I have to go and visit the mother in law at a nursing home with ‘er indoors - oh joy!

Fireworks party at my sister’s afterwards so every cloud and all that, especially if/when we win today. 🤞🏻🍺🍺
User avatar
Ellandback1
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 11898
Joined: Sat Mar 24, 2018 3:01 pm
Twitter: @EllandBack1
Location: The truth is out there

Re: Leeds Utd v Bournemouth Match Thread

Post by Ellandback1 »

aaaaaaaaaa.jpg
User avatar
Byebyegeegee
First Team
First Team
Posts: 2390
Joined: Fri Jun 19, 2020 5:14 pm
Location: God’s own county (north)

Re: Leeds Utd v Bournemouth Match Thread

Post by Byebyegeegee »

mentalcase wrote: ↑Sat Nov 05, 2022 10:48 am Oh. and I would like us to stop those stupid free-kicks between JH & BA which end with nothing, same as the corners, what is all that about exactly, what do they do in training !!
Whisper, whisper, Hey Bren, do want me to boot it miles over the bar this time or do you want to do it? No you do it this time Jack, I’ll do it next time, whisper, whisper!
User avatar
Irish Ian
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 17184
Joined: Fri Jan 18, 2019 5:53 pm
Location: Directly above the centre of the Earth.

Re: Leeds Utd v Bournemouth Match Thread

Post by Irish Ian »

]No surprises there.

Bournemouth have five across the middle.


Image
Attachments
Screenshot 2022-11-05 140511.png
'
"Football is about the people and the players,” he said. “Then there are those who will mingle in the middle: the coaches, executives and journalists. That last group represents the worst part about football" Marcelo Bielsa
Post Reply