Leeds Utd 4-3 Bournemouth. UNCUT VERSION. You'll feel you were there.

Archive for all MOT match day threads including match previews, in game chat, reports and ratings.
andrewjohnsmith
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Re: Leeds Utd v Bournemouth Match Thread - Bamford misses out due to injury

Post by andrewjohnsmith »

SG90 wrote: Sat Nov 05, 2022 4:46 pm Radz will be creaming his pants the yoof saving us
Orta's going full orgasm.

Greenwood - Gnonto - Summerville ...

All his lower value young signings turning it around today
andrewjohnsmith
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Ellandback1 wrote: Sat Nov 05, 2022 4:47 pm JIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIMY

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Heard Summerville saying earlier this week he'd never heard of Jimmy. Wonder if he YouTube'd it. Wonder if he likes the nickname?
andrewjohnsmith
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

faaip wrote: Sat Nov 05, 2022 4:47 pm And kudos to those that have faith in the youth ...
Waiting for Cjay and 1964Leon to get on and tell us our kids aren't good enough at this level ....
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

andrewjohnsmith wrote: Sat Nov 05, 2022 7:26 pm Waiting for Cjay and 1964Leon to get on and tell us our kids aren't good enough at this level ....
I thought it, you said it ....
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

andrewjohnsmith wrote: Sat Nov 05, 2022 7:26 pm Waiting for Cjay and 1964Leon to get on and tell us our kids aren't good enough at this level ....
Majority aren't. . . . . . .

And it's a few games, let's wait and see :)
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
andrewjohnsmith
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Ellandback1 wrote: Sat Nov 05, 2022 5:35 pm Gnonto turned 19 today. He and Summerville turned 19 this week. They are good friends

They'll be having a good time tonight.
Summerville turned 21. But you're right. Same combo for win 6 days apart. Two birthdays 5 days apart.
andrewjohnsmith
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

faaip wrote: Sat Nov 05, 2022 6:08 pm I think he's saying Jesse went back to a simpler game plan and played with a a bit of width, had Adams sit deeper. Both no brainers to be honest and should have been employed from the start. I'm not sure this congested narrow formation can work in this division' it's too easy to defend

Bournemouth also sat back second half thinking job done which allowed us to control the game..
It was the Bielsa formation, wasn't it?

Back 4, 1 DM, 2 #8's and 2 wingers. Go figure!
velo
Manager
Manager

Post by velo »

faaip wrote: Sat Nov 05, 2022 7:28 pm I thought it, you said it ....
Meow !
Stop worryin' about what people say, when it ain't gonna stop them anyway.

Hater of Liars, Cheats and Trolls

Freedom of speech is not allowed if it upsets the mods
andrewjohnsmith
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Jaydog wrote: Sat Nov 05, 2022 6:49 pm I wouldn’t have mentioned that in his interview if I was him.
Between him & the players that’s fine but not to the media. I think he said stick to the tactics which had been tweaked slightly and ignore the negativity. Some things are better left unsaid.
I'm also surprised he mentioned that in the post match. It's like he's having a back dig at the fans for booing. Would be much better saying he understands the boos. The crowd were hugely supportive throughout, and only boo'd when the whistle went for half time.
andrewjohnsmith
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Intentionally stayed off the forum during the game because I was just plain angry at it all. We should have been 4-1 down at half time. It was just plain awful. We get cut apart too easily and our defensive position was woeful. I thought we should have set up with 3 at the back. But obviously that changes our attacking options and we don't necessarily have the wing backs for it.

The first 2 goals were both players getting sucked out of position. On the first goal we had 2 extra men on the left side. When it got over to the right, it was 3 on 2 with a man wide open. That's plain schoolboy stuff. I've defended Cooper at the back for months. I always said we were better organized when he played. But that clearly hasn't been the case today and against Fulham. It's the kind of stuff that's easy to sort out on the training ground. No excuses.

Against a lot of teams, it's been obvious that we've been outclassed. Teams like Brighton, Leicester, Palace, Villa just have better players by virtue of being in the PL longer than us. They have more skill and are more clinical at both ends. But Bournemouth? There's absolutely no reason they should be completely outclassing us like that in the 1st half. It was something like 8 shots to 1 at one point.

Kudos to Jesse for trusting the youngsters and backtracking on his stupid "not premier league ready." Coming of age game for Greenwood. Roca and Adams will keep their places but Greenwood showed a definite Plan B. Makes us better attacking which is what we need against lower teams. His goal - with his weaker foot - was fantastic. Is that our first from outside the area? And he had more accurate corners than Harrison and Aaronson have had in several games.

Gnonto and Summerville are showing their abilities too. That was a brilliant run by Willy to make the goal. And an excellent finish by Summerville. I was bemoaning our inability to mature from a championship squad to a premier league squad. The maturation of Greenwood, Summerville, and arrival of Gnonto can help (in part) carry us forward.

Was that the first back-to-back win for Jesse? I was giving him the boot again at 3-1 down. He's bought himself more time again today. Still much to prove. The poor first half tactics and defensive performance for starters. But he was brave 2nd half. Entrusted some of the younger players. And switched up the system nicely. It was a good Plan B. One defensive midfielder, a more attacking midfielder, and a wide outlet on the right.
Irish Ian
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Irish Ian »

andrewjohnsmith wrote: Sat Nov 05, 2022 8:01 pm Intentionally stayed off the forum during the game because I was just plain angry at it all. We should have been 4-1 down at half time. It was just plain awful. We get cut apart too easily and our defensive position was woeful. I thought we should have set up with 3 at the back. But obviously that changes our attacking options and we don't necessarily have the wing backs for it.

The first 2 goals were both players getting sucked out of position. On the first goal we had 2 extra men on the left side. When it got over to the right, it was 3 on 2 with a man wide open. That's plain schoolboy stuff. I've defended Cooper at the back for months. I always said we were better organized when he played. But that clearly hasn't been the case today and against Fulham. It's the kind of stuff that's easy to sort out on the training ground. No excuses.

Against a lot of teams, it's been obvious that we've been outclassed. Teams like Brighton, Leicester, Palace, Villa just have better players by virtue of being in the PL longer than us. They have more skill and are more clinical at both ends. But Bournemouth? There's absolutely no reason they should be completely outclassing us like that in the 1st half. It was something like 8 shots to 1 at one point.

Kudos to Jesse for trusting the youngsters and backtracking on his stupid "not premier league ready." Coming of age game for Greenwood. Roca and Adams will keep their places but Greenwood showed a definite Plan B. Makes us better attacking which is what we need against lower teams. His goal - with his weaker foot - was fantastic. Is that our first from outside the area? And he had more accurate corners than Harrison and Aaronson have had in several games.

Gnonto and Summerville are showing their abilities too. That was a brilliant run by Willy to make the goal. And an excellent finish by Summerville. I was bemoaning our inability to mature from a championship squad to a premier league squad. The maturation of Greenwood, Summerville, and arrival of Gnonto can help (in part) carry us forward.

Was that the first back-to-back win for Jesse? I was giving him the boot again at 3-1 down. He's bought himself more time again today. Still much to prove. The poor first half tactics and defensive performance for starters. But he was brave 2nd half. Entrusted some of the younger players. And switched up the system nicely. It was a good Plan B. One defensive midfielder, a more attacking midfielder, and a wide outlet on the right.

Good post.

We had back to backs v Norwich and Wolves last time. More heart in mouth stuff!
I loved Gnontos run forward, his low centre of gravity will make him hard to shove around. What a start we have made.
Didnt Sini score a few from outside the box this season?

Re the marking.
First goal I noticed Harrison didnt track back with Tavanier, not sure if that was his job but it seems likely he was meant to. Second goal again the angled ball over the top was too hard to cope with. Kristensen needs to be stronger there but hey ho. He was better going forward.
'
"Football is about the people and the players,” he said. “Then there are those who will mingle in the middle: the coaches, executives and journalists. That last group represents the worst part about football" Marcelo Bielsa
Jaydog
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Jaydog »

Noticeable how Bournemouth fell apart with a lead. Especially for the Summerville goal. From their free kick I think. Just shows we are lethal if given what we want. Chaos. People who don’t trust youth are just plain wrong. Gnontos run and pass is just pure class.
Quality nerveless finish from Jimmy. Sam's pass in to the top corner. And we should mention the much derided Rodrigo super cool pen. Are you watching Paddy. The youth were brilliant today but I hope we don’t leap on them if they’re not tomorrow. No one’s good everyday
velo
Manager
Manager

Post by velo »

Jaydog wrote: Sat Nov 05, 2022 8:35 pm The youth were brilliant today but I hope we don’t leap on them if they’re not tomorrow. No one’s good everyday
:tup:
Stop worryin' about what people say, when it ain't gonna stop them anyway.

Hater of Liars, Cheats and Trolls

Freedom of speech is not allowed if it upsets the mods
andrewjohnsmith
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Irish Ian wrote: Sat Nov 05, 2022 8:07 pm Good post.

We had back to backs v Norwich and Wolves last time. More heart in mouth stuff!
I loved Gnontos run forward, his low centre of gravity will make him hard to shove around. What a start we have made.
Didnt Sini score a few from outside the box this season?

Re the marking.
First goal I noticed Harrison didnt track back with Tavanier, not sure if that was his job but it seems likely he was meant to. Second goal again the angled ball over the top was too hard to cope with. Kristensen needs to be stronger there but hey ho. He was better going forward.
Don't rely on me as your source. My memory is terrible.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

First-half atrocious ----- Second half brilliant

Well done our young lads :clap: made some of our experienced players look pedestrian, feeble & daft.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

The average age of the team that finished the match was 23yo apparently.
1964white

Re: Leeds Utd v Bournemouth Match Thread

Post by 1964white »

BGwhite wrote: Sat Nov 05, 2022 2:25 pm Imagine joffys reaction if Joseph gets on before him. Nasty !

Sent from my moto g(9) plus using Tapatalk
Imagine my reaction if Joseph got on before Joffy. :x

Joffy is ready-made for Premier League level, Joseph isn't YET.

The only reason Joseph was on the bench was as a filler & Bamford & Sinisterra were missing.
Overman
Manager
Manager

Post by Overman »

1964white wrote: Sat Nov 05, 2022 8:57 pm The average age of the team that finished the match was 23yo apparently.
I bet it weren't good for your old ticker today Leon!
1964white

Post by 1964white »

whiteswan wrote: Sat Nov 05, 2022 3:10 pm Why can't we hold on to a lead
Because we are slack at the back, Swannie
1964white

Post by 1964white »

whiteswan wrote: Sat Nov 05, 2022 3:21 pm Leon will not be happy
I was fuming :x