The #LUFC Breakfast Debate (Monday 28th November) Adams shines in Qatar

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Ellandback1
Site Contributor
Site Contributor
Twitter: @EllandBack1

Breakfast Debate The #LUFC Breakfast Debate (Monday 28th November) Adams shines in Qatar

Post by Ellandback1 »

Good Morning. It's Monday 28th November, and here are the latest headlines from Elland Road...

Adams shines in Qatar

Leeds midfield duo Tyler Adams and Brenden Arronson gave England a run for their money on Friday evening as the USA dominated for long periods in the middle of the park. Adams in particular gave a Terrier type performance; always snapping at the heels of his opponents, yet being cool, calm and collected in possession. The 23 year old is making quite a name for himself in Qatar, begging the question, whether a top European team could prise him away from Elland Road in January if a £50m+ bid came in for him?

Deano remembers Gary Speed

Yesterday marked the 11th anniversary of the untimely death of Gary Speed. Even though so much time has passed, it still seems inconceivable that he's gone. He started his career at Elland Road as a 14yo schoolboy, and went on to make 248 appearances for the Whites, netting 39 times. He was the consummate professional, both on and off the pitch, revered by many, but respected by all. Speedo finally hung his boots up in 2010, aged 41, bringing an end to his illustrious 22-year playing career; during which he netted 104 times, in 677 appearances.

The Breakfast Debate caught up with former team-mate and friend Brian Deane. The pair played together for three seasons under the guidance of Howard Wilkinson. Deano looked back fondly on his time at Elland Road, sharing some wonderful times he shared with a Leeds Utd legend.

Looking back on it, it was tragic. As an ex teammate, it brings it all home, what real life is about. We had a fantastic relationship, not only me, but everybody Gary played and trained with. In many ways I suppose, that fact that he died when he did, it kind of immortalises him.

It's a reminder of some good times for all of us. I'll never forget the smile and laughter he bought to the changing room. It's a real shame, we all miss him. We're all kind of growing up now. It just seems like yesterday. He was a fun guy to go out with, on a night out."

We had some real laughs, in Leeds and Marbella. He was always front of centre, and really good with it too. Of Course, we really miss him. I know the old guys that do the match day stuff will feel the same.

Perfect time for a takeover?

With the British pound plummeting quicker than a Conservative party popularity contest, it seems the perfect time for the 49ers to finally make their move, and buy Andrea Radrizzani out. Long are the days when you could get almost $2 to the pound!

Earlier this month we heard (from The Times) that 49ers Enterprises had secured the necessary fund to push forward for a complete buyout of Leeds Utd, expected to be concluded by the end of the season. We can understand that the club's precarious position in the top flight is a concern to all. If Leeds were to get relegated, the club would not be worth as much, but if this were the case, Radrizzani would likely wait until such time that promotion back to the Premier League had been achieved.

Last edited by Ellandback1 on Mon Nov 28, 2022 10:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ratscoot
Manager
Manager

Re: The #LUFC Breakfast Debate (Monday 28th November) Adams shines in Qatar

Post by Ratscoot »

Morning EB et all

Loving watching Tyler dominate in midfield for the US, vindicates what we've been saying about him since he arrived, quality will always shine through and of cause the so-called Big Clubs will be sniffing around hoping to get him on the cheap, but we should be looking to build our team around him, and Aaronson not sell them off.

A very sad day indeed when Gary passed on, one of my all-time favourite players and the reason Wales are at this year World Cup IMO

Oh, great another bunch of Yee Harrs wanting to take over a Premier League Club we'll soon be playing 4 Quarters, Cheers Leaders at Halftime which will now last an hour, Burgers, Hotdogs and T-shirt's been launched at you in the stands (personally wouldn't eat a burger or hotdog if I was starving) oh and the biggest sin of all, they'll be serving soapy dish water, sorry Budweiser at the bars.

If you hadn't guessed, it's a big fat no from me on the take over from the US
A bumble bee under the laws of physics shouldnt be able to fly, but it does because no one has told it that it can't
Musicman1965
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by Musicman1965 »

Credit has to go the manager on this one... Tyler Adams is certainly going to attract attention from some top clubs. The player is not going anywhere for 50 million or more. He is a Leeds player and an important part of the squad...
Byebyegeegee
First Team
First Team

Post by Byebyegeegee »

The current strength of the dollar against the pound will be a motivating factor for the 49ers to get the business done as quickly as possible. I, for one, feel that, at the moment, we are in a kind of limbo in ownership terms with neither party wanting to overly invest. Radz because, at this stage, he would consider it a waste of money, throwing good money after bad if you like, and 49ers because they are not yet fully in control, so the sooner it is resolved the better. I have no axe to grind either way on whether the 49ers takeover will be a good thing or a bad thing but at the moment we seem to be in no man’s land and that is not a good place to be.

Gary’s death was a truly tragic event. R.I.P Speedo!

I’ve said previously that with regard to Tyler’s performances so far the vultures will be circling, I only hope we can keep hold for a season or two.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

Ratscoot wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 9:54 am Loving watching Tyler dominate in midfield for the US, vindicates what we've been saying about him since he arrived, quality will always shine through and of cause the so-called Big Clubs will be sniffing around hoping to get him on the cheap, but we should be looking to build our team around him, and Aaronson not sell them off.
Indeed Rat :tup: but will Radz & co feel the same as the £££££££££ signs lights up their eyes to increase their own wealth.
mentalcase

Post by mentalcase »

Morning all.
All 4 of our signings have done very well so far, some better than others, but, all 4 have done well and credit due.
As has been said, we ought to be building a team around these players, particularly TA, BA & MR, TA ought to be captain in mind also.
Hopefully we have the manager that will say his piece regards the players and who he wants to keep, no point building for the future and having the carpet whipped from under your'e feet.
Gary Speed RIP, nothing more can really be said about him, a troubled soul, bless.
49ers, I know absolutely nothing about them, we've been ripped off far too many times in the past , it wouldn't surprise me in the least if things went tits up again.
What I do know is this, the ground is delapidated, it needs a total rebuild, we have the infrastructure with motorway network, access to city centre, but, did we miss the boat years ago when we had the opportunity to build a new ground at fullerton park next door, I'd love the new build to still be at ER, not some soulless place miles away, somehow, I think it's way above my wildest dreams.
"Critics are men that watch a battle from a high place, then come down and shoot the survivors"
Ratscoot
Manager
Manager

Post by Ratscoot »

1964white wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 10:48 am Indeed Rat :tup: but will Radz & co feel the same as the £££££££££ signs lights up their eyes to increase their own wealth.
Leon, you could well be right, sadly
A bumble bee under the laws of physics shouldnt be able to fly, but it does because no one has told it that it can't
Leeds1000
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Leeds1000 »

Adams shines in Qatar.

Captain America. Whilst we have Marsch we will have both the American lads sticking around. I don't think Marsch would roll over, especially with the American 49ers connection. If you are looking at building a brand over in the states having the Captain of the USA is priceless. Although as always we have to factor in the possible astronomical payrise, the chance to win major honours & the holy grail of the CL.

Deano remembers Gary Speed.

He always looked the life and soul and to my small minded view it looked like he had everything. Unfortunately he felt he had nothing.
BlackHillsPaul
First Team
First Team

Post by BlackHillsPaul »

I don't think Tyler Adams will get his head turned easily. He is an extremely mature young man that understands the type of environment in which he can find success. And he has that at Leeds United regardless what happens with Jesse. But I would also like to add that JM has Adams playing the best football of his career right now. That should not be overlooked as we evaluate the Manager.
Football/Futbol/Soccer
Orange Box
Manager
Manager

Post by Orange Box »

i'll just lob a hand grenade into the mix .... well done Victor?
WARNING: During game time, any post I make is not to be taken seriously, neither is it meant as offence. I'm a hot-blooded creature prone to moments of exasperation and expletive.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

BlackHillsPaul wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 3:38 pm I don't think Tyler Adams will get his head turned easily. He is an extremely mature young man that understands the type of environment in which he can find success. And he has that at Leeds United regardless what happens with Jesse. But I would also like to add that JM has Adams playing the best football of his career right now. That should not be overlooked as we evaluate the Manager.
Unfortunately, some fans would discount that fact, as that would mean crediting Jesse.

Marsch has also improved Meslier, Koch, Struijk & Rodrigo imo!
Ellandback1
Site Contributor
Site Contributor
Twitter: @EllandBack1

Post by Ellandback1 »

1964white wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 4:14 pm Unfortunately, some fans would discount that fact, as that would mean crediting Jesse.

Marsch has also improved Meslier, Koch, Struijk & Rodrigo imo!
And Summerville and Greenwood
Pullhard
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Pullhard »

1964white wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 4:14 pm Unfortunately, some fans would discount that fact, as that would mean crediting Jesse.
Our transfer business during the Summer was good .... Adams is the pick of the bunch though.

Lets hope there is a left back and another striker in the works for Jan.
Ideally someone who has started shaving
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

We sell Ty for £50m, we lose £200m as we'll get relegated!
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Pullhard wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 5:13 pm Our transfer business during the Summer was good .... Adams is the pick of the bunch though.

Lets hope there is a left back and another striker in the works for Jan.
Ideally someone who has started shaving
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Ellandback1 wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 4:35 pm And Summerville and Greenwood
Yes, they have stepped upto the plate, Matt
Irish Ian
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Irish Ian »

Dont think Leeds are in a precarious position in the league at all..

Adam's has done well, but I'd still take the US to get k kicked out tomorrow and have him back in the fold.
'
"Football is about the people and the players,” he said. “Then there are those who will mingle in the middle: the coaches, executives and journalists. That last group represents the worst part about football" Marcelo Bielsa
Byebyegeegee
First Team
First Team

Post by Byebyegeegee »

Orange Box wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 3:58 pm i'll just lob a hand grenade into the mix .... well done Victor?
Sorry OB I’m not having that!

It’s pretty clear that the two American lads (and Kristensen for that matter) were Marsch picks. Even if we were linked with Aaronson before Marsch arrived, which I think was the case, I believe we had already had discussions with Marsch prior to that (to set him up to become manager after the end of last season), and Marsch would have suggested which players to target.

Roca and/or Sinisterra on the other hand may (or may not) have been Orta, I don’t know! Anybody who knows me knows I’m reluctant to give Victor Orta too much credit 😉.
mentalcase

Post by mentalcase »

Irish Ian wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 6:12 pm Dont think Leeds are in a precarious position in the league at all..

Adam's has done well, but I'd still take the US to get k kicked out tomorrow and have him back in the fold.

Even if they reach the quarter finals Ian, which are 9th / 10th December, it still gives him almost 3 weeks, a week off and 2 back training.
"Critics are men that watch a battle from a high place, then come down and shoot the survivors"
Irish Ian
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Irish Ian »

Byebyegeegee wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 7:48 pm Sorry OB I’m not having that!

It’s pretty clear that the two American lads (and Kristensen for that matter) were Marsch picks. Even if we were linked with Aaronson before Marsch arrived, which I think was the case, I believe we had already had discussions with Marsch prior to that (to set him up to become manager after the end of last season), and Marsch would have suggested which players to target.

Roca and/or Sinisterra on the other hand may (or may not) have been Orta, I don’t know! Anybody who knows me knows I’m reluctant to give Victor Orta too much credit 😉.
Orta still has to close the deal though.
Those players may have been attracted to play for March but someone stil has to sell them the vision and of course negotiate a contract.
'
"Football is about the people and the players,” he said. “Then there are those who will mingle in the middle: the coaches, executives and journalists. That last group represents the worst part about football" Marcelo Bielsa