Qatar World Cup 2022. Argentina v France

Archive for all MOT match day threads including match previews, in game chat, reports and ratings.
Post Reply
SG90
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 23125
Joined: Sat Dec 29, 2012 11:29 pm

Re: Qatar World Cup 2022. England v France 7pm

Post by SG90 »

Wonder if 34 year old Henderson will still be getting picked in 2024 🤔
User avatar
White Riot
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 22381
Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2019 2:02 pm
Location: Plovdiv, Bulgaria

Re: Qatar World Cup 2022. England v France 7pm

Post by White Riot »

1964white wrote: ↑Sat Dec 10, 2022 10:06 pm I never expected us to win the World Cup, even though the French were there for the taking tonight.

I can't believe how many people have said to me 'It's coming home" :shock: just replied to my relatives/friends I hope so!
If we had a coach who could seize the day we might have had 3 trophies by now.

Bit unlucky tonight mind, but I'm honestly not even arsed Leon.
User avatar
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 78993
Joined: Wed Mar 24, 2010 10:03 am
Location: God's own county

Re: Qatar World Cup 2022. England v France 7pm

Post by The Subhuman »

Henderson was very good today, calm head. Played like Forshaw does for us, like Forshaw, very under rated.
"A mind is like a parachute, it doesn't work if it's not open"
SG90
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 23125
Joined: Sat Dec 29, 2012 11:29 pm

Re: Qatar World Cup 2022. England v France 7pm

Post by SG90 »

1964white wrote: ↑Sat Dec 10, 2022 10:06 pm I never expected us to win the World Cup, even though the French were there for the taking tonight.

I can't believe how many people have said to me 'It's coming home" :shock: just replied to my relatives/friends I hope so!
Yep. The way the media and some fans were talking down France as "just Mbappe" and acting like England are world beaters, now they'll be calling them brave and heroes now they've lost.
User avatar
White Riot
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 22381
Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2019 2:02 pm
Location: Plovdiv, Bulgaria

Re: Qatar World Cup 2022. England v France 7pm

Post by White Riot »

SG90 wrote: ↑Sat Dec 10, 2022 10:08 pm Wonder if 34 year old Henderson will still be getting picked in 2024 🤔
He was shite tonight, Conor Gallagher would have done better
User avatar
Jaydog
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 21204
Joined: Thu Mar 10, 2022 9:52 pm
Location: Here

Re: Qatar World Cup 2022. England v France 7pm

Post by Jaydog »

faaip wrote: ↑Sat Dec 10, 2022 10:04 pm As I said then initally ...
Probably.
I’d say he is guilty as there would be clear evidence.
Just a question of the exact nature of his bets.
Does that mean he shouldn’t go. Who knows.
I declare my love for Saint Daniel and I can shoehorn him in to any conversation.
User avatar
Jaydog
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 21204
Joined: Thu Mar 10, 2022 9:52 pm
Location: Here

Re: Qatar World Cup 2022. England v France 7pm

Post by Jaydog »

White Riot wrote: ↑Sat Dec 10, 2022 10:06 pm I'm often tempted to try and sneak in an Allan Akbar when I'm talking to a Muslim, just to see if they notice it 8-)
Can you run fast
I declare my love for Saint Daniel and I can shoehorn him in to any conversation.
SG90
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 23125
Joined: Sat Dec 29, 2012 11:29 pm

Re: Qatar World Cup 2022. England v France 7pm

Post by SG90 »

White Riot wrote: ↑Sat Dec 10, 2022 10:10 pm He was shite tonight, Conor Gallagher would have done better
Another headless chicken :roll:

Lewis Bate 2024 🙏
Mountain
First Team
First Team
Posts: 2285
Joined: Sun Jan 31, 2021 5:20 am

Re: Qatar World Cup 2022. England v France 7pm

Post by Mountain »

Kennyb41 wrote: ↑Sat Dec 10, 2022 9:59 pm Messi is the best player in the world by a country mile, France are nowt special, this age of football has been nowt special, we have had the best chance to win a WC twice now and a footballing disgrace against Italy in the Euro final, an aging Giroud that finished with Chelsea yonks back and hardly gets a game for his current side finished our plebs off.
Ehhhhhh, no he isn't. That's why PSG pretty much handed control over team decisions to Mbappe while Messi's future there is uncertain after a poor first season.

And Giroud is the record scorer for a country that is the current world champions, doesn't have to go back almost 60 years to recall success, and has a trophy cabinet that is bursting at the seams compared to England.

"Finished with Chelsea" is precisely the problem with English football. There is an assumption that the national team is amongst the best and when one is finished in the PL they're almost irrelevant. Giroud has gone on to win a Serie A and is now leading the line in a WC semi final. Many in world football would think that as a step up since his Chelsea days.
User avatar
White Riot
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 22381
Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2019 2:02 pm
Location: Plovdiv, Bulgaria

Re: Qatar World Cup 2022. England v France 7pm

Post by White Riot »

Jaydog wrote: ↑Sat Dec 10, 2022 10:13 pm Can you run fast
In general no these days, but I can run slightly quicker when I'm wearing my bessie trainers :ok:
User avatar
John in Louisiana
Site Contributor
Site Contributor
Posts: 13916
Joined: Sat Mar 15, 2014 6:09 pm
Location: No Longer Lousiana - Southern Illinois

Re: Qatar World Cup 2022. England v France 7pm

Post by John in Louisiana »

SG90 wrote: ↑Sat Dec 10, 2022 9:10 pm All the talk about Mbappe and Griezmann was the best player on the pitch
Yes indeed.
User avatar
1964white
Lord Southwold
Lord Southwold
Posts: 155150
Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:46 am
Twitter: @1964white

Re: Qatar World Cup 2022. England v France 7pm

Post by 1964white »

SG90 wrote: ↑Sat Dec 10, 2022 9:40 pm Got shot down the other day for saying we'd achieved nothing yet, and as always, out to the first good team we play. That's why I don't get overexcited over beating dross, because you know what's gonna happen next. :lol:
Just as with England I have the same feeling with Leeds, can't envisage us winning any more trophies in my lifetime unless a sugar daddy arrives at ER.
User avatar
Jaydog
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 21204
Joined: Thu Mar 10, 2022 9:52 pm
Location: Here

Re: Qatar World Cup 2022. England v France 7pm

Post by Jaydog »

White Riot wrote: ↑Sat Dec 10, 2022 10:28 pm In general no these days, but I can run slightly quicker when I'm wearing my bessie trainers :ok:
Nike
I declare my love for Saint Daniel and I can shoehorn him in to any conversation.
User avatar
John in Louisiana
Site Contributor
Site Contributor
Posts: 13916
Joined: Sat Mar 15, 2014 6:09 pm
Location: No Longer Lousiana - Southern Illinois

Re: Qatar World Cup 2022. England v France 7pm

Post by John in Louisiana »

Mountain wrote: ↑Sat Dec 10, 2022 10:27 pm Ehhhhhh, no he isn't. That's why PSG pretty much handed control over team decisions to Mbappe while Messi's future there is uncertain after a poor first season.

And Giroud is the record scorer for a country that is the current world champions, doesn't have to go back almost 60 years to recall success, and has a trophy cabinet that is bursting at the seams compared to England.

"Finished with Chelsea" is precisely the problem with English football. There is an assumption that the national team is amongst the best and when one is finished in the PL they're almost irrelevant. Giroud has gone on to win a Serie A and is now leading the line in a WC semi final. Many in world football would think that as a step up since his Chelsea days.
And Giroud is France's second-best striker.

Gutted to see England lose the game, even though the French have such an imposing team. Had a number of chances; things just didn't fall their way.

Wouldn't blame the loss on the referee, but he was clearly out of his depth. How many yellow cards should have been given out but weren't?
User avatar
Jaydog
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 21204
Joined: Thu Mar 10, 2022 9:52 pm
Location: Here

Re: Qatar World Cup 2022. England v France 7pm

Post by Jaydog »

0995C041-D24F-4CCB-B3A1-249F1D2CCC52.jpeg
It’s not coming home but at least he’s going home
I declare my love for Saint Daniel and I can shoehorn him in to any conversation.
SG90
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 23125
Joined: Sat Dec 29, 2012 11:29 pm

Re: Qatar World Cup 2022. England v France 7pm

Post by SG90 »

1964white wrote: ↑Sat Dec 10, 2022 10:32 pm Just as with England I have the same feeling with Leeds, can't envisage us winning any more trophies in my lifetime unless a sugar daddy arrives at ER.
That's why I was so angry last summer. That'll be the only chance I'll have of seeing England win something.
User avatar
White Riot
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 22381
Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2019 2:02 pm
Location: Plovdiv, Bulgaria

Re: Qatar World Cup 2022. England v France 7pm

Post by White Riot »

Jaydog wrote: ↑Sat Dec 10, 2022 10:33 pmNike
Mizuno I think, cost a fortune. Talked to a guy here who knew his stuff and he looked at the Nike's that were crippling my feet and told me to throw them in the bin.
User avatar
velo
Manager
Manager
Posts: 4179
Joined: Fri Dec 10, 2021 2:06 pm

Re: Qatar World Cup 2022. England v France 7pm

Post by velo »

John in Louisiana wrote: ↑Sat Dec 10, 2022 10:34 pm
Wouldn't blame the loss on the referee, but he was clearly out of his depth. How many yellow cards should have been given out but weren't?
They had run out after yesterday's idiot gave them all out...........
Stop worryin' about what people say, when it ain't gonna stop them anyway.

Hater of Liars, Cheats and Trolls

Freedom of speech is not allowed if it upsets the mods
SG90
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 23125
Joined: Sat Dec 29, 2012 11:29 pm

Re: Qatar World Cup 2022. England v France 7pm

Post by SG90 »

Mountain wrote: ↑Sat Dec 10, 2022 10:27 pm Ehhhhhh, no he isn't. That's why PSG pretty much handed control over team decisions to Mbappe while Messi's future there is uncertain after a poor first season.

And Giroud is the record scorer for a country that is the current world champions, doesn't have to go back almost 60 years to recall success, and has a trophy cabinet that is bursting at the seams compared to England.

"Finished with Chelsea" is precisely the problem with English football. There is an assumption that the national team is amongst the best and when one is finished in the PL they're almost irrelevant. Giroud has gone on to win a Serie A and is now leading the line in a WC semi final. Many in world football would think that as a step up since his Chelsea days.
That sums up the punditry on BBC/ITV. Unless they play in the PL, they've never heard of the player.
User avatar
Bally
First Team
First Team
Posts: 1705
Joined: Thu Feb 22, 2018 9:43 pm

Re: Qatar World Cup 2022. England v France 7pm

Post by Bally »

SG90 wrote: ↑Sat Dec 10, 2022 9:04 pm France were the better team, England had zero creativity and are too reliant on penalties.
I'm guessing you didn't watch the game ,as this is one of many clueless comments on here
Post Reply