Cjay wrote: ↑Sat Nov 12, 2022 11:51 pm
If Summerville continues to contribute a goal or an assist at his current rate for the rest of the season he will end with 22 goal contributions.
To put that into context last season Kevin De Bruyne got 23.
Sounds good. But happy to see him maturing into a good premier league player.
faaip wrote: ↑Mon Dec 12, 2022 9:50 am
To be fair only 2 or 3 here thought he was good enough to play for the first team ...
I was one
Looking back through the comments, it was more than 2 or 3 though.
I stated on the 5th April that he was too good for the U23's but he wasn't getting first team game time because we had Raphinha.
In just a few short weeks he has become one of our most important players.
So infuriating that he has got injured in a friendly.
The flowers of common sense do not grow in everyone's garden
Chilli D wrote: ↑Mon Dec 12, 2022 10:14 am
I was one
Looking back through the comments, it was more than 2 or 3 though.
I stated on the 5th April that he was too good for the U23's but he wasn't getting first team game time because we had Raphinha.
In just a few short weeks he has become one of our most important players.
So infuriating that he has got injured in a friendly.
Me too. It was obvious he was far too good for the u23s from day one. I'm not a fan of players with first team experience playing in that league as it ruins their development, as with Gelhardt. I said I was glad when James left as Jimmy was better than him.
SG90 wrote: ↑Mon Dec 12, 2022 10:45 am
At least Marsch will probably say yes to a few loans. I see Broja got a nasty knee injury for Chelski the other day, so scratch him off the loan list.
Chilli D wrote: ↑Mon Dec 12, 2022 10:14 am
I was one
Looking back through the comments, it was more than 2 or 3 though.
I stated on the 5th April that he was too good for the U23's but he wasn't getting first team game time because we had Raphinha.
In just a few short weeks he has become one of our most important players.
So infuriating that he has got injured in a friendly.
With young players a lot of the time it is about grabbing the opportunity when/if you get it. JS wasn't going to be ahead of the likes of Raphinha. This season the injury to Sinisterra has really opened the door and he has taken it.
Also a few months at his age can make a huge difference in being physically ready to make the step up from playing against kids the same age as him to being able to play against men - Joe Gelhardt is an example of a player who because of his more physical appearance is ready earlier to be able to match himself physically but as we have seen with him he is still growing and seems to be getting a few growth related type injuries.
From what I saw of him last year he didn't look anywhere near ready to be a starter but was more suited to coming on as an impact substitute to run at tiring defenders. For me though it will be interesting to see how he does over a longer period, obviously he is flying at the moment but how will he handle the tougher times, that will be a big test of his temperament and character. It may even be that his friendship with Gnonto has been the real cataylst for his career as Gnonto, despite being younger, comes accross as being really professional and focussed and the fact he is younger than JS but already an international might have helped JS focus the right way (rather than for example thinking he is loads better than he is etc).
Cjay wrote: ↑Sat May 17, 2025 4:23 pm
I've pretended to support a team that's been crap for most of my life as part of a long term plan
Victor_Notts-17 wrote: ↑Mon Jun 01, 2026 7:03 pm
Did you post them because there's something wrong with your brain