Everton Thread

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Musicman1965
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Re: Everton Thread - Fwank fired.

Post by Musicman1965 »

Cjay wrote: Mon Jan 23, 2023 11:16 pm https://www.independent.co.uk/sport/foo ... 67763.html

Very reliable Miguel Delaney saying Everton want Bielsa but negotiating with him is difficult due to his demands

Hope to have an appointment by Friday.

Ralph Hassenhutl also mentioned, least we wouldn't be alone in suffering PenisBall
I thought Mr B was going for the Mexician National Team job or have they found out about his poor taco tics
Prisoner37
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by Prisoner37 »

There is a difference between Everton wanting Bielsa and Bielsa wanting Everton.

Just can't see it myself. Could they meet his demands? Would he be able to get them fit enough mid season?

Let's hope they pick Rooney. Fwank seems to like passing the baton in that direction.
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

weasel wrote: Mon Jan 23, 2023 10:30 pm Yet all the Marschians seem to think if we appointed any other manager we'd be doomed. Strange we got no new manager bounce last season.
We've never had new manager bounce from any mid season appointment
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

Cjay wrote: Mon Jan 23, 2023 11:16 pm https://www.independent.co.uk/sport/foo ... 67763.html

Very reliable Miguel Delaney saying Everton want Bielsa but negotiating with him is difficult due to his demands

Hope to have an appointment by Friday.

Ralph Hassenhutl also mentioned, least we wouldn't be alone in suffering PenisBall
If they've only just contacted him now, it won't be done by Friday. A quick appointment is a Dyche or a caretaker.
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

Cjay wrote: Mon Jan 23, 2023 11:37 pm In less than a months time we could finally find out who the main man is . . . .

BielsaBall vs MarschBall.

February 18th 3pm

Goodison Park
Well we'd soon find out if a few on here are Leeds fans or Bielsa fans. I suspect it's the latter.

With the man marking system, the likes of Gnonto and Sini would have so much space available.
Clitheroe White
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by Clitheroe White »

SG90 wrote: Tue Jan 24, 2023 6:57 am We've never had new manager bounce from any mid season appointment
I guess that depends on how rubbish we were at point of changeover. We had some diabolical squads when Celinio was around and some equally questionable managers.

The question now...have we got faith in the Marsch tactics or would a new manager bring more out of the players we have.

Personally I think we can get more of this squad as there are some damn good players that are not being played to their strengths. The only question for me is timing (now / Feb / end of season)
hector

Post by hector »

Clitheroe White wrote: Tue Jan 24, 2023 8:10 am I guess that depends on how rubbish we were at point of changeover. We had some diabolical squads when Celinio was around and some equally questionable managers.

The question now...have we got faith in the Marsch tactics or would a new manager bring more out of the players we have.

Personally I think we can get more of this squad as there are some damn good players that are not being played to their strengths. The only question for me is timing (now / Feb / end of season)
That's the way I see it too
Cumbriarents
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by Cumbriarents »

No way is Bielsa going to Everton, it's the worst run club in the premier league. I dont think he would join a club mid season.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

SG90 wrote: Tue Jan 24, 2023 6:57 am We've never had new manager bounce from any mid season appointment
This, no clue why but I can't recall it happening once. Dead cat bounce, of course not always needed, we didn't get a bounce with Marsch but we survived
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

SG90 wrote: Tue Jan 24, 2023 7:08 am Well we'd soon find out if a few on here are Leeds fans or Bielsa fans. I suspect it's the latter.

With the man marking system, the likes of Gnonto and Sini would have so much space available.
Possibly but I wouldn't like to see how we'd cope with the intense man to man press either.
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Bielsa has serious reservations about taking the Everton job. . . . .

That is the least surprising headline today
Signed

King Cjay

Jaydog
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Jaydog »

Cjay wrote: Tue Jan 24, 2023 12:34 pm Bielsa has serious reservations about taking the Everton job. . . . .

That is the least surprising headline today
It’s not going to be him. I can’t work the market out at all but it isn’t going to be Bielsa. Totally convinced of that
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Jaydog wrote: Tue Jan 24, 2023 12:43 pm It’s not going to be him. I can’t work the market out at all but it isn’t going to be Bielsa. Totally convinced of that
Fully agree

Doesn't make sense.

Concern is they get a manager that does.
Signed

King Cjay

Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Only thing Everton fans had to smile about was the seemingly imminent arrival of talented winger Arnaut Danjuma . . . . .

Increasing reports now that Spurs have hijacked that move . . . . . .
Signed

King Cjay

Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Argentina media reporting that Bielsa has rejected the opportunity to take the Everton job.
Signed

King Cjay

Tighthead
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by Tighthead »

Cjay wrote: Tue Jan 24, 2023 4:04 pm Argentina media reporting that Bielsa has rejected the opportunity to take the Everton job.
:)
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Tighthead wrote: Tue Jan 24, 2023 4:15 pm:)
It gets funnier
Signed

King Cjay

Tighthead
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by Tighthead »

Cjay wrote: Tue Jan 24, 2023 4:19 pm It gets funnier
Now that would make my day :lol:
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

Sam Allardyce would sort them out and keep them out of trouble. Don't know why anyone would find that funny as it would leave us nearer to the trapdoor.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

weasel wrote: Tue Jan 24, 2023 4:44 pm Sam Allardyce would sort them out and keep them out of trouble. Don't know why anyone would find that funny as it would leave us nearer to the trapdoor.
I'd rather keep Marsch than have Allardyce at ER.... if that's the quality of incoming managers, the best Everton can do, then stick with the devil we know...
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"