Next Manager

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Sara
Superstar
Superstar

Re: Next Manager

Post by Sara »

velo wrote: Mon Jan 23, 2023 6:11 pmNo I have alife
Ok. So when you say none are better than Marsch, that opinion is based on nothing in particular?
velo
Manager
Manager

Post by velo »

SaraM wrote: Mon Jan 23, 2023 6:14 pm Ok. So when you say none are better than Marsch, that opinion is based on nothing in particular?
I'm loving the lets have a go at Velo thread , but I base my opinions, not being an expert on football, just a fan, who pays to watch, on what I see on the pitch and thats what I base my opinions on, oh by the way I'm entitled to my opinions, or am I ? If they differ from certain, highly educated football managers on here.....
Stop worryin' about what people say, when it ain't gonna stop them anyway.

Hater of Liars, Cheats and Trolls

Freedom of speech is not allowed if it upsets the mods
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

SaraM wrote: Mon Jan 23, 2023 6:14 pm Ok. So when you say none are better than Marsch, that opinion is based on nothing in particular?
Like most of Velo's posts just based on his/her opinion with nothing to substantiate them.

How he/she can say that all the managers suggested on here are worse than JM when he/she has not even evaluated any of them is just ridiculous.
Sara
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Sara »

velo wrote: Mon Jan 23, 2023 6:18 pm I'm loving the lets have a go at Velo thread , but I base my opinions, not being an expert on football, just a fan, who pays to watch, on what I see on the pitch and thats what I base my opinions on, oh by the way I'm entitled to my opinions, or am I ? If they differ from certain, highly educated football managers on here.....
Not having a go at all, just responding to your comments in the same robust manner that they were made.

Of course your opinion is as valid as anyone else's... but if you put it out there, it's going to get questioned.

At least no one is repeatedly calling you a 'Bielsa bunny'!
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

SaraM wrote: Mon Jan 23, 2023 10:57 pm Not having a go at all, just responding to your comments in the same robust manner that they were made.

Of course your opinion is as valid as anyone else's... but if you put it out there, it's going to get questioned.

At least no one is repeatedly calling you a 'Bielsa bunny'!
The Cheshire Cat might say that Velo is mad as a Marsch Hare
velo
Manager
Manager

Post by velo »

weasel wrote: Mon Jan 23, 2023 11:28 pm The Cheshire Cat might say that Velo is mad as a Marsch Hare
Loving the banter, how did your Dad react when you came out ?
Stop worryin' about what people say, when it ain't gonna stop them anyway.

Hater of Liars, Cheats and Trolls

Freedom of speech is not allowed if it upsets the mods
Kennyb41
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Kennyb41 »

velo wrote: Tue Jan 24, 2023 1:28 am Loving the banter, how did your Dad react when you came out ?

I had you aged about 19/20 ?

I now know you're about 12/13.

And probably pre-pubescent, bang on ?
Not dependent on Google, the www or 'stats' - Just a guy that puts his eyes to full use on the beautiful game :geek:

;@)
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

velo wrote: Tue Jan 24, 2023 1:28 am Loving the banter, how did your Dad react when you came out ?
How quaint a homophobic slur in this day and age. You aren't related to the socuse boxer fella that beat Eubank at the weekend are you?
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

So how come someone blatantly insults every gay person and that's okay and it is laughed off by mods as simply beign childish?

I would still like Velo to explain how he isn't homophobic but seems to think a 'joke' which suggests someone being gay would be an embarssment to their parents is not homophobic and supposedly is okay?

Would also like to know why the mods didn't pick up on this 2 days ago if they, according to 64, read every post? I'd appreciate an answer rather than simply locking a thread and pretending it wasn't said.
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

Being and saying something homophobic, but saying they aren't, would certainly, in my opinion, be more likely to offend people than saying f**k, c**k or willy.
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

No doubt we will see another example of what Sara talked about earlier where the disgusting creep who offends gay people is allowed to get away with it but the person who responds, me, will likely now get threatened with a ban.
Jaydog
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Jaydog »

weasel wrote: Thu Jan 26, 2023 8:48 pm No doubt we will see another example of what Sara talked about earlier where the disgusting creep who offends gay people is allowed to get away with it but the person who responds, me, will likely now get threatened with a ban.
Banned for what?
BobHirst
Manager
Manager

Post by BobHirst »

OMG Weasel. I hope your last few posts are mere faux outrage, designed to get Velo in trouble.
Talk about mountains and molehills.....
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

BobHirst wrote: Thu Jan 26, 2023 10:03 pm OMG Weasel. I hope your last few posts are mere faux outrage, designed to get Velo in trouble.
Talk about mountains and molehills.....
I take it you haven't read his further statements in the now banned thread elsewhere (the one about dictators, admins etc.

I had hoped I had misinterpreted the first remark which is why I didn't push Velo on it further but sadly it wasn't the case. Velo seemingly thinks there is nothing wrong in what he put and the context to it - I had hoped he would have explained why and exactly what was the supposed joke because there wasn't a joke there at all and it is simply a statement by him that a person would be disgusted, horrified, ashamed or whatever if their child informed them they were gay - that's apparently the joke.

I have no wish to see Velo banned but there is a huge difference between having a bit of personal banter with someone and even offending that individual person but I believe a line has been crossed. The remark wasn't offensive to me as an individual as I am not gay, but that isn't the point it is insulting to everyone that is gay and I am not a person who feels the need to stand up for someone else but it is just completely out of order, made worse by the fact that Velo claims he is not homophobic and obviously sees nothing wrong in the comment = his supposed 'joke.'

If Velo wants to insult me then it is fine but that isn't the case. If someone else wants to explain to Velo why what he said is completely out of order then please do so as coming from me I don't think he'd get it and would presumably think it is just me antagonising him or me being a C*** etc. Like I say I don't want him banned but just to realise what he said is out of order and hopefully for him to understand why.
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Whether Velo meant it in a derogatory manner only he will know.

But it does have negative a negative tone.

Doesn't mean he is homophobic.

Probably best to shake hands and move on.

So

Jesse Marsch . . . . Bit s**t isn't he

Bring me Luis Enrique
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
Sara
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Sara »

Wish Marsh had never mentioned felching tbh.
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

Cjay wrote: Thu Jan 26, 2023 10:46 pm Whether Velo meant it in a derogatory manner only he will know.

But it does have negative a negative tone.

Doesn't mean he is homophobic.

Probably best to shake hands and move on.

So

Jesse Marsch . . . . Bit s**t isn't he

Bring me Luis Enrique

That's why i wanted him to explain it as I see no other explanation for it but to be derogatory towards anyone gay.

It's sort of along the lines of 'I'm not racist but if my daughter brought home a black man etc.

It's the 'You are racist but you say you aren't but really you are you just feel that you can't say you are' (or obviouly in this case homphobic).

It's fine if he wants to be homophobic just keep it to himself rather than posting something homophobic on the board. Heck I don't like scousers or welsh people....

Bring me anyone but Marsch!
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

SaraM wrote: Thu Jan 26, 2023 10:53 pm Wish Marsh had never mentioned felching tbh.
Jaydog will never be the same again.
Jaydog
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Jaydog »

SaraM wrote: Thu Jan 26, 2023 10:53 pm Wish Marsh had never mentioned felching tbh.
See what you’ve done. You let felching out of his (or her) cage and now we can’t get it back in. Caused bloody havoc while you’ve been drinking beer with a dog.
Sara
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Sara »

weasel wrote: Thu Jan 26, 2023 10:56 pm Jaydog will never be the same again.
He won't. We've all been scarred by Marsch's coaching in different ways.