Marcelo Bielsa

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Sara
Superstar
Superstar

Re: Marcelo Bielsa.

Post by Sara »

Mountain wrote: Fri Jan 27, 2023 8:06 am I'd say every manager in the history of the modern game, including the Cloughs, Fergusons, Klopps and Guardiolas, have purchased a player that hasn't worked out. I've never really seen it all characterised in terms of "obsess...obsession...obsessed" though. It's just football.
This. You could fairly describe Bielsa's attention to detail as obsessive, but not the fixation on a particular player. It was all about the system, and adapting the player skillsets available in a range of positions to best make it function.
Kennyb41
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Kennyb41 »

DDB220 wrote: Fri Jan 27, 2023 8:19 am “ they won’t understand all that blah blah blah

WTF is they. Is it anyone who doesn’t agree with your delusions.

I really can see you knelt in front of your shrine to Bielsa, aka Bert. Some incense charging your hypnotic swaying telling Bert how you will make everyone understand. Plenty of jibberish chanting, as you use this forum as an outlet, small effigy of CJAY (Plasticene figure - not far off tbh) covered in cocktail sticks.
The whole ritual ends with you shouting _I will make them understand master - starting with the woman across the road who keeps staring at my house covered in pictures of you.
Fck me, and they say i need help :roll:

Take an aspirin man.
Not dependent on Google, the www or 'stats' - Just a guy that puts his eyes to full use on the beautiful game :geek:

;@)
Kennyb41
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Kennyb41 »

Mountain wrote: Fri Jan 27, 2023 8:06 am I'd say every manager in the history of the modern game, including the Cloughs, Fergusons, Klopps and Guardiolas, have purchased a player that hasn't worked out. I've never really seen it all characterised in terms of "obsess...obsession...obsessed" though. It's just football.
He does not understand that, you are wasting your time.
Not dependent on Google, the www or 'stats' - Just a guy that puts his eyes to full use on the beautiful game :geek:

;@)
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

He's the one
Who likes all our pretty songs
And he likes to sing along
And he likes to shoot his gun
But he knows not what it means
Knows not what it means
And I say he's the one
Who likes all our pretty songs
And he likes to sing along
And he likes to shoot his gun
But he knows not what it means
Knows not what it means
Knows not what it means
Knows not what it means
And I say yeah

Kurt Cobain - so frustrated with the idiots in the world he took his own life.
Last edited by weasel on Fri Jan 27, 2023 9:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

They are beyond help Kenny. 2 people can look at the same painting. One sees the beauty, the heartache and all the passion that went into it. The other person says 'Why's her tit made out of elephant dung?"
Sara
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Sara »

weasel wrote: Fri Jan 27, 2023 9:35 am 'Why's her tit made out of elephant dung?"
It's a common question.
Tighthead
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by Tighthead »

weasel wrote: Fri Jan 27, 2023 9:35 am They are beyond help Kenny. 2 people can look at the same painting. One sees the beauty, the heartache and all the passion that went into it. The other person says 'Why's her tit made out of elephant dung?"
One persons freedom fighter is another persons Terrorist. Its the way of the world.
DDB220
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by DDB220 »

Anyone seen the image of Bielsa arriving at Heathrow. He has lost a lot of weight. He looks fit and raring to go.

Just for the record, I would have not been content if Bielsa had stayed on even if it meant relegation and he was willing to bring us back up again. The problem that existed after each season was his insistence on a yearly contract and personal performance review. It was by no means certain he would have stayed in the hot seat regardless of whether we stayed up or went down.

You cannot run a business and make no mistake, football clubs, particularly when it comes to playing in the EPL consider themselves a business, without a long term plan.
The old core values of football, club identity and traditionalism etc have been eroded ever since the creation of the EPL. It is all about money and the “Product”.
Sara - I completely understand your concerns and perspective about how the club is now being run. But for me this is the reality of the modern game. Leeds are not immune to the erosion of traditional football values.
Promotion and to a large degree success in this day and age just accelerate the process.
DDB220
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by DDB220 »

*That should read I would have been content*
lufc1304
Superstar
Superstar
Twitter: @DrGonzo2411

Post by lufc1304 »

Sky Sports now reporting that Dyche will be named Everton manager today. Make of that what you will
"When the going gets weird, the weird get professional!" Hunter S Thompson
DDB220
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by DDB220 »

Personally, I would have gone with Dyche, given the current perilous state of the club and the need of a quick fix.

I would love to see Bielsa as England manager. For me - his methodology is more suited to International management. I am surprised he hasn’t had a top job since he was in charge of Argentina. He did wonders with Chile.
Jaydog
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Jaydog »

DDB220 wrote: Fri Jan 27, 2023 10:15 am Personally, I would have gone with Dyche, given the current perilous state of the club and the need of a quick fix.

I would love to see Bielsa as England manager. For me - his methodology is more suited to International management. I am surprised he hasn’t had a top job since he was in charge of Argentina. He did wonders with Chile.
Absolutely. Sick of seeing us playing it safe at major tournaments. Would rather the Bielsa s**t or bust go for the throat style. Might not work but at least we wouldn’t be bored to death
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Club before country here in England though which would frustrate the f**k out of Marcelo. Don't see him as England manager tbh, there are many countries who do put country before club though.
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
Sara
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Sara »

DDB220 wrote: Fri Jan 27, 2023 9:56 am Sara - I completely understand your concerns and perspective about how the club is now being run. But for me this is the reality of the modern game. Leeds are not immune to the erosion of traditional football values.
Promotion and to a large degree success in this day and age just accelerate the process.
Yes, we're clearly just falling in line with life in the PL... that doesn't mean we have to like it though.
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

SaraM wrote: Fri Jan 27, 2023 1:01 am Ooh, I don't know... can't have another team's manager though, even if it is MB.
BBC reporting its gonna be Dyche :)
Your avatar appears to be safe.....I'm pleased to say
Sara
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Sara »

whiteswan wrote: Fri Jan 27, 2023 11:48 am BBC reporting its gonna be Dyche :)
F2D749B3-ED13-45CC-9802-4BB6827F68EF.gif
Musicman1965
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by Musicman1965 »

It looks like Bertie will not be going to Everton and Sean Dyke will be in the hot seat in the next few days. My question is that bearing in mind the limited jobs in the premier league why has Bertie turned down a massive opportunity to work his so called magic. Everton are a massive club with a loyal fanbase and jobs like this do not come along all that often. Could it be that Sean Dyke has a better understanding of working with what he has and can actually put his arm around players to reassure and give confidence. Bertie has missed out on taking a raw team down in the relegation zone to safety. Is it just that he can't see himself making the difference and knows deep down that he would probably struggle. So what is he looking for? What is the criteria so that he will come out of watching daytime tv to get back on his bucket. Obviously Everton a club that needs saving is well beyond his capabilities.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Mine would be going nowhere ....
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

So a boring 0-0 draw on the cards at Goodison, then.
DDB220
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by DDB220 »

I read a comment on some blog, cannot recall the source suggesting Bielsa might be a candidate for replacing Conte.

Might be something in that, it does make sense in a number of ways.