Marc Roca

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
andrewjohnsmith
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Re: Marc Roca -

Post by andrewjohnsmith »

Cjay wrote: Mon Oct 17, 2022 12:58 pm Decent game Marc on Sunday.

Seemed to get forward a bit more and put himself about more.

Used the ball well to which was reflected in his 80+% pass accuracy and protected the backline well to making the joint most tackles with Kristensen
After things settled yesterday, I reflected even more favourably on Roca's performance. Phil Hay picked him as man of the match.
BlackHillsPaul
First Team
First Team

Post by BlackHillsPaul »

andrewjohnsmith wrote: Mon Oct 17, 2022 3:37 pm After things settled yesterday, I reflected even more favourably on Roca's performance. Phil Hay picked him as man of the match.
I didn't think that Roca was that great yesterday. Maybe I'm focused too much on the couple of bad passes and not on other things. I'll have to key in on him a bit when I watch the replay again.
Football/Futbol/Soccer
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

I personally thought Roca was our best player against Fulham,
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

1964white wrote: Tue Oct 25, 2022 4:48 pm I personally thought Roca was our best player against Fulham,
Over 90 minutes? Agree
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
1964white

Post by 1964white »

faaip wrote: Tue Oct 25, 2022 5:20 pm Over 90 minutes? Agree
Hardly put a foot wrong, found very few negatives.
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

You can see why he looked a player in La Liga.

You can also see why a more intense league like the Bundesliga was to much for him.
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Looks a good player for us most of the time... Marsch has him sitting too deep though. He's a classic 8
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

faaip wrote: Thu Dec 29, 2022 1:36 pm Looks a good player for us most of the time... Marsch has him sitting too deep though. He's a classic 8
Definitely isn't, he is a holding midfielder in the mould of Xabi Alonso/Sergio Busquets.

New Spain boss said he was a potential replacement for Busquets other day.

He's just very slow.
Signed

King Cjay

mentalcase

Post by mentalcase »

Had a poor game last night up to his usual standards, but then most did, he's far better with Adams with him, forshaw offers nothing at all, leaving it all for Roca.
"Critics are men that watch a battle from a high place, then come down and shoot the survivors"
1964white

Post by 1964white »

mentalcase wrote: Thu Dec 29, 2022 1:51 pm Had a poor game last night up to his usual standards, but then most did, he's far better with Adams with him, forshaw offers nothing at all, leaving it all for Roca.
Agree :tup:
velo
Manager
Manager

Post by velo »

mentalcase wrote: Thu Dec 29, 2022 1:51 pm Had a poor game last night up to his usual standards, but then most did, he's far better with Adams with him, forshaw offers nothing at all, leaving it all for Roca.
I think the lack of depth in the squad is becoming obvious to all , except the ones who hold the purse strings, unfortunately the current board are aiming at survival......

If you aim low and miss you lose...aim High and miss, you survive....just my two penneth
Stop worryin' about what people say, when it ain't gonna stop them anyway.

Hater of Liars, Cheats and Trolls

Freedom of speech is not allowed if it upsets the mods
mentalcase

Post by mentalcase »

velo wrote: Thu Dec 29, 2022 2:58 pm I think the lack of depth in the squad is becoming obvious to all , except the ones who hold the purse strings, unfortunately the current board are aiming at survival......

If you aim low and miss you lose...aim High and miss, you survive....just my two penneth
I fully agree, it's astounding that the board cannot see that far in advance as the fans do, obviously they know far more than we do regards finances, but, surely, theyr'e not that thick they don't realise the precarious position we once again find ourselves in, that it isn't purely down to the managers the pick, it has a bloody lot to do with the playing staff we inherit.
"Critics are men that watch a battle from a high place, then come down and shoot the survivors"
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

mentalcase wrote: Fri Dec 30, 2022 10:02 am I fully agree, it's astounding that the board cannot see that far in advance as the fans do, obviously they know far more than we do regards finances, but, surely, theyr'e not that thick they don't realise the precarious position we once again find ourselves in, that it isn't purely down to the managers the pick, it has a bloody lot to do with the playing staff we inherit.
They might realise it but because of the ludicrous ownership situation neither are likely to want to cough up?

Radz clearly hasn't got tons of money relative to football ownership (it will cost him £50mil just to defend himself in the upcoming court case).

And the 49ers don't invest capital, they just don't. And why would they invest more money just to ensure they have to pay Radz more?

We get relegated price goes down.

The issue is we have 2 owners unable or unwilling to invest.

We are stuck.
Signed

King Cjay

mentalcase

Post by mentalcase »

Cjay wrote: Fri Dec 30, 2022 10:11 am They might realise it but because of the ludicrous ownership situation neither are likely to want to cough up?

Radz clearly hasn't got tons of money relative to football ownership (it will cost him £50mil just to defend himself in the upcoming court case).

And the 49ers don't invest capital, they just don't. And why would they invest more money just to ensure they have to pay Radz more?

We get relegated price goes down.

The issue is we have 2 owners unable or unwilling to invest.

We are stuck.
That is a damning awful mess we are in.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Accrington game

Played the Adams role well, getting stuck in winning the ball back, controlling the middle of the park.

I counted six sublime long passes, made the pass for Harrison to run onto & cross for Sinisterra's goal.

Thought he played well at Tottenham & the Fulham game at ER.

Needs to show more consistency in the Premier League.
mentalcase

Post by mentalcase »

I suppose it dosen't help with the 'double pivot' or whatever folk call it nowadays, I also don't know what the manager has instructed them to do in each game, at accrington MR had the run of things, and clearly enjoyed it, will be very interesting now if WM passes his medical as to his role, maybe he may play further up field and we drop Aaronsen or harrison, it's nice to have options........if they work.
Bremner/Giles Batty/ Speed McCallister/ Strachan Dacuore / Bowyer... A midfield partnership I've been dreaming about for many years.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

mentalcase wrote: Sun Jan 29, 2023 11:15 pm I suppose it dosen't help with the 'double pivot' or whatever folk call it nowadays, I also don't know what the manager has instructed them to do in each game, at accrington MR had the run of things, and clearly enjoyed it, will be very interesting now if WM passes his medical as to his role, maybe he may play further up field and we drop Aaronsen or harrison, it's nice to have options........if they work.
Bremner/Giles Batty/ Speed McCallister/ Strachan Dacuore / Bowyer... A midfield partnership I've been dreaming about for many years.
Good points, Mental

Roca was certainly more comfortable & commanding yesterday.

Maybe he had more time & space!
velo
Manager
Manager

Post by velo »

1964white wrote: Sun Jan 29, 2023 11:20 pm Good points, Mental

Roca was certainly more comfortable & commanding yesterday.

Maybe he had more time & space!
:tup:

We still need a Pablo, or dare I say Phillips in the middle
Stop worryin' about what people say, when it ain't gonna stop them anyway.

Hater of Liars, Cheats and Trolls

Freedom of speech is not allowed if it upsets the mods
1964white

Post by 1964white »

velo wrote: Sun Jan 29, 2023 11:23 pm :tup:

We still need a Pablo, or dare I say Phillips in the middle
I know it was only League One Accrington, but I'm encouraged with what I saw of Roca on Sunday.

For the first time, we didn't miss Adams when he is unavailable.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

A mix bag from Roca

Fulham
6 Interceptions
2 Superb diagonal passes
1 Excellent corner-kick delivery
1 Shot saved