Mason Greenwood/Antony

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
BradWhite
First Team
First Team

Re: Mason Greenwood charges dropped

Post by BradWhite »

Yes it's very probable that his GF doesn't want to give up her lavish lifestyle in her mansion in Cheshire and therefore she dropped the charges. We are in celebrity Z world after all.

The video was awful and in my opinion proved his guilt but having heard about this type of behaviour that has happened to people I know who then return to their abusive partners it never usually ends well for the victim.

It beggars belief that he was suspended on full pay, 75k a week or so, minus the sponsorship deals.
ManUre should get shut BUT they won't.

We'll see them on the cover of 'Hello' magazine soon and then in the red tops with her massive divorce settlement.

He's going to get some stick from the terraces.
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

BradWhite wrote: Thu Feb 02, 2023 10:52 pm Yes it's very probable that his GF doesn't want to give up her lavish lifestyle in her mansion in Cheshire and therefore she dropped the charges. We are in celebrity Z world after all.

The video was awful and in my opinion proved his guilt but having heard about this type of behaviour that has happened to people I know who then return to their abusive partners it never usually ends well for the victim.

It beggars belief that he was suspended on full pay, 75k a week or so, minus the sponsorship deals.
ManUre should get shut BUT they won't.

We'll see them on the cover of 'Hello' magazine soon and then in the red tops with her massive divorce settlement.

He's going to get some stick from the terraces.
Yeah she would have had to give up the lavish lifestyle and would probably be seen as tainted goods by other footballers so she wouldn't get the lifestyle she wanted. Probably weighed up how much she could earn from selling her story and realised it would be far less than she could get staying with the love of her life. Will be interesting to see what happens to MG and if he is sacked by MU if any club would take him, a bit like the cae up in Scotland where the fans protested against the signing of a striker who had been found guilty of some sex crime - can't remember the exact details to hand.
Mountain
First Team
First Team

Post by Mountain »

I think we may be hard on her. The whole "she took the cash" may be true. But I think it cannot be underestimated how horrendous a rape trial can be on victims, with (usually) women being cross examined about their sexual history, their underwear, the amount they had to drink etc. And even if the prosecution protect their witness, nowadays all of this can be hauled out on social media and rape victims have had to move away. Even without any incentive to drop it, there are huge barriers to proceeding.
velo
Manager
Manager

Post by velo »

Mountain wrote: Thu Feb 02, 2023 11:39 pm I think we may be hard on her. The whole "she took the cash" may be true. But I think it cannot be underestimated how horrendous a rape trial can be on victims, with (usually) women being cross examined about their sexual history, their underwear, the amount they had to drink etc. And even if the prosecution protect their witness, nowadays all of this can be hauled out on social media and rape victims have had to move away. Even without any incentive to drop it, there are huge barriers to proceeding.
Yes I agree the whole court procedure is very scary for the innocent victims,
A rich kid can get away with most things if they get the right legal councel in.
Stop worryin' about what people say, when it ain't gonna stop them anyway.

Hater of Liars, Cheats and Trolls

Freedom of speech is not allowed if it upsets the mods
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

Mountain wrote: Thu Feb 02, 2023 11:39 pm I think we may be hard on her. The whole "she took the cash" may be true. But I think it cannot be underestimated how horrendous a rape trial can be on victims, with (usually) women being cross examined about their sexual history, their underwear, the amount they had to drink etc. And even if the prosecution protect their witness, nowadays all of this can be hauled out on social media and rape victims have had to move away. Even without any incentive to drop it, there are huge barriers to proceeding.
I may be wrong but i think the charges were attempted rape rather than rape itself so I would have thought it would have been far less of an ordeal.

I think whichever way people can look at it the fact she has gone back to being in a relationship with him doesn't paint her in a good light. She has either a) lied initially, exageratted/distorted what was heard on the audio to make it sound like he was attempting to rape her or b) gone back with someone who attempter to rape her.
BradWhite
First Team
First Team

Post by BradWhite »

It is a shame on the judicial system that at this stage they couldn't proceed and overrule any case being dropped against a crime like this.
Just because the charges were dropped it does not mean they did not happen, which makes him a threat to other women.

I'm sure we'll know the reason she dropped charges (think we all know already), as for going back to her lifestyle, she could have easily made a career in the vacuous world of reality TV shows, besides flogging her story, book deal, TV interview exclusive.

Maybe the end game is marriage and half of his net worth from the divorce 2 years down the line then the above deals I mentioned.
I have to say this but abusers usually abuse again.
Broad Ford
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by Broad Ford »

Money, money, money. Gimme, gimme, gimme.

Will the charges remain on file? If so, MG will have to be careful that similar accusations, statements don't reappear sometime in the future.
If you don't know where you are going, every road will get you nowhere.
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

Broad Ford wrote: Fri Feb 03, 2023 5:41 pm Money, money, money. Gimme, gimme, gimme.

Will the charges remain on file? If so, MG will have to be careful that similar accusations, statements don't reappear sometime in the future.
I don't think any charges would remain on file as such. It paints nobody in a good light as for Mason it would have been far better for him if it had gone to trial and he had got cleared rather than this outcome - especially given the length of time that the CPS were looking to pursue the case as if there wasn't a decent amount of evidence then they wouldn't have pursued it so long and simply dismissed it a few days or weeks after the investigation started.
mentalcase

Post by mentalcase »

I think this has been handled badly, very very badly infact for victims the world over, IF, this never happened, that woman ought to be in court, simple as that, wasting police time, among others.
I , (wrongly) as it stands, thought , the CPS/COPS could proceed , even if the case was dropped, if they have sufficient evidence !!
Money talks here, make no mistake, what must victims the world over be thinking of this woman who has dropped the case, even if it wasn't rape, there appears to be enough evidence of abuse on multiple occasions.
Shame on her father, maybe I'm being a little harsh on him here,.......... nah f@ck him, if that was my daughter, I would be behind bars before a bullying rapist paid me off.
"Critics are men that watch a battle from a high place, then come down and shoot the survivors"
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

I always think back to her father making that statement

Far from being the irate father looking to protect his still young daughter from a seemingly abusive relationship he seemed more bothered it had came out at all.
Just utterly bizarre.
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
Leeds1000
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Leeds1000 »

WhiteRose wrote: Thu Feb 02, 2023 4:50 pm Imagine how much all this cost the tax payer for court time, CPS, police officers etc she should be billed for it.
My cynical mind (albiet tiny) tells me it may have been his Barristers idea to cosy back up to her for his public persona. Lets see how long it lasts now he's in the clear.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Re: Mason Greenwood - Leeds chant.

Post by 1964white »

Leeds1000
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Leeds1000 »

Perfect. The way its going forward the terraces are going to be the real arbitrators of free speech and some sort of justice cos everyone else will be in denial of the facts.
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Well done ladies!!!!

Don't care how much he paid or whatever he did to get his girlfriend to drop the charges.

Everyone saw the video and heard what he said.

He's a scumbag
Signed

King Cjay

Baldbloke
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by Baldbloke »

I imagine if he does play he will get absolute dogs abuse at every ground he plays at (and rightly so )

He could maybe play in the Saudi league and get no abuse at all 🤔
CUSSIE01
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by CUSSIE01 »

Cjay wrote: Fri Aug 11, 2023 10:22 am
Well done ladies!!!!

Don't care how much he paid or whatever he did to get his girlfriend to drop the charges.

Everyone saw the video and heard what he said.

He's a scumbag
Great follow up post Cjay, scum like that should have no place in society no matter how rich or famous they are.
Keeping The Faith
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

They are going to bring him back aren't they :duno:
Signed

King Cjay

Barlow Boy
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Barlow Boy »

Cjay wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2023 3:18 pm
They are going to bring him back aren't they :duno:
He will get dogs abuse, particularly away from home.
Don’t cry because you said goodbye to your pet, smile because you said hello
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

May as well just add him to the Greenwood thread
Signed

King Cjay

Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Leaving Manure

https://www.manutd.com/en/news/detail/m ... ce=twitter

https://www.manutd.com/en/news/detail/r ... ce=twitter

Alternative explanations for the images and audio . What was that then?

Somebody beat the crap outta her, nonsense
Signed

King Cjay