When will our coaches learn, Luke is not a CB?
Nottingham Forest 1-0 Leeds Utd - Match Debate
- 1964white
- Lord Southwold

- Posts: 155131
- Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:46 am
- Twitter: @1964white
Re: Nottingham Forest v Leeds Utd Match Thread
If Ayling is selected as one of our centre-backs, we could easily lose this game
When will our coaches learn, Luke is not a CB?
When will our coaches learn, Luke is not a CB?
- GreennWhite
- Site Contributor

- Posts: 3350
- Joined: Mon Jan 02, 2023 11:02 am
Re: Nottingham Forest v Leeds Utd Match Thread
Surely the only reason he would play Ayling at CB is if Coops isnt fit and he doesnt want to play Firpo at LB. Wants to play Pascal at LB play Rasmus at RB and then has no other option than to play Ayling in there with Wober. Not good playing Ayling there.
- The Subhuman
- Superstar

- Posts: 78986
- Joined: Wed Mar 24, 2010 10:03 am
- Location: God's own county
Re: Nottingham Forest v Leeds Utd Match Thread
I think you can be assured of that... I will believe we can win, I always do, but common sense tells us we're underdogs. We're the away team, the home team, in roughly the same position league wise, has the better form. We have the better players so I think if we go into the game thinking we're under dogs, that we need to play well to surprise, then we should get the result ...GreennWhite wrote: ↑Fri Feb 03, 2023 2:15 pm Hope none of you guys are giving the team talk before the game on Sunday![]()
It is a game that could make or break our season though. Fingers crossed we at least get 1 point from it, but in reality we need all 3
Don't underestimate the Trees
"A mind is like a parachute, it doesn't work if it's not open"
- andrewjohnsmith
- Superstar

- Posts: 13057
- Joined: Sat Feb 03, 2018 4:58 pm
- Location: California (Donny Born-n-Bred)
Re: Nottingham Forest v Leeds Utd Match Thread
He didn't mention Cooper in the press conference. My guess is Cooper and Wober at the back (Wober on the right)Chilli D wrote: ↑Fri Feb 03, 2023 10:16 am I'm pleased Gibbs-White will be missing, I rate him.
Our defence is even more of a worry with our first choice right sided CB missing. I think he'll go with Ayling and play Kristensen at RB.
I predict it will be
Meslier
Kristensen
Ayling
Wober
Struijk
Rutter
Adams
Roca
Harrison
Bamford
Gnonto
Subs
Robles
Firpo
Mckennie
Greenwood
Summerville
Sinisterra
Joseph
Perkins
Aaronson
All this depends on whether Cooper is fit obviously.
- The Subhuman
- Superstar

- Posts: 78986
- Joined: Wed Mar 24, 2010 10:03 am
- Location: God's own county
Re: Nottingham Forest v Leeds Utd Match Thread
I think he started a centre back and would probably be fine if that's where he played for us regularly.. The problem comes when we shift him from one to the other. Right back to centre back and vice versa...
"A mind is like a parachute, it doesn't work if it's not open"
- andrewjohnsmith
- Superstar

- Posts: 13057
- Joined: Sat Feb 03, 2018 4:58 pm
- Location: California (Donny Born-n-Bred)
Re: Nottingham Forest v Leeds Utd Match Thread
That's probably my line up too
Harrison hasn't signed a new deal yet though. Maybe they need to start him until he signe
I could see an alternative of Harrison for Roca, with the two Americans in the holding roles and Harrison in the 10. But personally I'd go with your line up
- andrewjohnsmith
- Superstar

- Posts: 13057
- Joined: Sat Feb 03, 2018 4:58 pm
- Location: California (Donny Born-n-Bred)
Re: Nottingham Forest v Leeds Utd Match Thread
They're higher than us in the table and have picked up way more points since the WC. Shows that while they were struggling pre-WC, they've been a decent side as they've had more time to gelCjay wrote: ↑Fri Feb 03, 2023 1:08 pm Forest have the 11th best home record, we have the 19th worst away record.
We have 0 wins in 6.
They have 3 wins and 2 draws and only 1 defeat.
This is definitely not going to be easy and Brennan Johnson must be licking his lips at the thought of exploiting Struijk down our left.
- The Subhuman
- Superstar

- Posts: 78986
- Joined: Wed Mar 24, 2010 10:03 am
- Location: God's own county
Re: Nottingham Forest v Leeds Utd Match Thread
One thing is for sure, it's going to be the most interesting team selection of the season, less the choice of striker unfortunately but still a lot of decisions to be made and indicators of what is to come
Home game and I think the team is riskier but away we might see Rutter and McKennie held back till the second half if needed (I say if needed the likelihood is JM pencils in his substitutions pre game
Meslier
Ayling
Struijk
Adams
Wober
Cooper
Aaronson
Roca
Bamford
Gnonto
Harrison
is very possible
Home game and I think the team is riskier but away we might see Rutter and McKennie held back till the second half if needed (I say if needed the likelihood is JM pencils in his substitutions pre game
Meslier
Ayling
Struijk
Adams
Wober
Cooper
Aaronson
Roca
Bamford
Gnonto
Harrison
is very possible
"A mind is like a parachute, it doesn't work if it's not open"
- The Subhuman
- Superstar

- Posts: 78986
- Joined: Wed Mar 24, 2010 10:03 am
- Location: God's own county
Re: Nottingham Forest v Leeds Utd Match Thread
That would be mine, I doubt it's JM'sandrewjohnsmith wrote: ↑Fri Feb 03, 2023 7:35 pm That's probably my line up too
Harrison hasn't signed a new deal yet though. Maybe they need to start him until he signe
I could see an alternative of Harrison for Roca, with the two Americans in the holding roles and Harrison in the 10. But personally I'd go with your line up
"A mind is like a parachute, it doesn't work if it's not open"
- andrewjohnsmith
- Superstar

- Posts: 13057
- Joined: Sat Feb 03, 2018 4:58 pm
- Location: California (Donny Born-n-Bred)
Re: Nottingham Forest v Leeds Utd Match Thread
Would have to be Cooper and Wober at the back. But if Cooper is out, it has to be Ayling. Can't see him moving Strujik there after his recent performances at CB and Firpo on the left.
- andrewjohnsmith
- Superstar

- Posts: 13057
- Joined: Sat Feb 03, 2018 4:58 pm
- Location: California (Donny Born-n-Bred)
Re: Nottingham Forest v Leeds Utd Match Thread
I can definitively assure you that I have not been invited to give the team talkGreennWhite wrote: ↑Fri Feb 03, 2023 2:15 pm Hope none of you guys are giving the team talk before the game on Sunday![]()
It is a game that could make or break our season though. Fingers crossed we at least get 1 point from it, but in reality we need all 3
- mentalcase
- MOT Legend

- Posts: 10414
- Joined: Sun Aug 08, 2021 3:19 pm
Re: Nottingham Forest v Leeds Utd Match Thread
If LA is CH I flaming despair, we have more than enough cover to start putting SPIRH again.
" Man is not affected by events but by the view he takes of them "
- Kennyb41
- Superstar

- Posts: 12426
- Joined: Wed Jan 05, 2022 10:15 am
Re: Nottingham Forest v Leeds Utd Match Thread
Les Mes
Ayling - Cooper - Wober - Pascal
McKennie - Adams
Rooter - Jack - Gnonto
Bamford
Ayling - Cooper - Wober - Pascal
McKennie - Adams
Rooter - Jack - Gnonto
Bamford
Not dependent on Google, the www or 'stats' - Just a guy that puts his eyes to full use on the beautiful game
...That Ayling goal and "You couldn't script it
" - Dirty Leeds B@stard.
Must dash.
;@)
Must dash.
;@)
- hector
- Moderator

- Posts: 14623
- Joined: Mon Jul 30, 2012 5:57 am
- Location: In a wood
Re: Nottingham Forest v Leeds Utd Match Thread
It's like a secret code isn't it ??mentalcase wrote: ↑Fri Feb 03, 2023 11:01 pm If LA is CH I flaming despair, we have more than enough cover to start putting SPIRH again.
Hopelessly lost.................. But making good time
-
Mountain
- First Team

- Posts: 2285
- Joined: Sun Jan 31, 2021 5:20 am
Re: Nottingham Forest v Leeds Utd Match Thread
Exactly.
Forest have had a bizarre January. A good run, but continuing the scatter gun approach to purchases, which could easily unsettle a team that finally looked settled. Think Leeds have been a lot calmer in transfers, and think we'll win.
- White Riot
- Superstar

- Posts: 22381
- Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2019 2:02 pm
- Location: Plovdiv, Bulgaria
Re: Nottingham Forest v Leeds Utd Match Thread
Letting Llorente go, has left us short at RCB. I would rather play a LCB.
For me:
RB Kristensen
RCB Wober
LCB Struijk
LB Firpo
Ayling at CB will be disastrous. We desperately need our defence sorted in the summer. Dross needs discarded. We need a new RB, RCB and LB, if we want to end the goal glut.
Apart from Koch and Struijk our defensive recruits have bee very underwhelming since we came back to the EPL.
You're probably going back to Kelly and Harte since we had two good full backs, 20 years ago. But partially a result of us being out of the top flight for so long.
- White Riot
- Superstar

- Posts: 22381
- Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2019 2:02 pm
- Location: Plovdiv, Bulgaria
Re: Nottingham Forest v Leeds Utd Match Thread
Still time Andrew, keep an eye on your inboxandrewjohnsmith wrote: ↑Fri Feb 03, 2023 7:41 pm I can definitively assure you that I have not been invited to give the team talk
-
VinnysTattoo
- First Team

- Posts: 1009
- Joined: Mon Jun 14, 2021 6:55 pm
Re: Nottingham Forest v Leeds Utd Match Thread
Not looking forward to this, but that’s been the case for more than a year.
I just hope our attacking players are on it.
More hope than expectation I’m afraid. Much like every game now.
I just hope our attacking players are on it.
More hope than expectation I’m afraid. Much like every game now.
- Jaydog
- Superstar

- Posts: 21202
- Joined: Thu Mar 10, 2022 9:52 pm
- Location: Here
Re: Nottingham Forest v Leeds Utd Match Thread
Haven’t won away at Forest since 1971
Promising.
We always beat newly promoted sides though. Or at least we definitely used to
Promising.
We always beat newly promoted sides though. Or at least we definitely used to
I declare my love for Saint Daniel and I can shoehorn him in to any conversation.
-
WestgateRun
- Subs Bench

- Posts: 518
- Joined: Sun May 24, 2020 7:53 pm
- Location: Wakefield
Re: Nottingham Forest v Leeds Utd Match Thread
If we get 3pts at Forest we would be 12th, with a game in hand.
That's about as good as you could hope for, when you compare our squad to others in the Premier League.
That's about as good as you could hope for, when you compare our squad to others in the Premier League.