Next Manager

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
White Riot
Superstar
Superstar

Re: Next Manager

Post by White Riot »

weasel wrote: Mon Feb 13, 2023 11:48 am And instead of even asking one of the fat lasses we simply drop our pants bend over and let get f*cked back to the champiosnhip by anyone even more desperate than us.
I'm astounded by the way things have gone.

If they were seriously considering booting Marsch then why not do it just before the World Cup break?

There's then more time to play with finding a replacement and the added lure that he has a mini pre-season, plus the promise of new recruits in January.

Instead they back Marsch and hope things will improve, despite the evidence being to the contrary. Double down on the support for him, and then we lose at Forest and they seem to go into meltdown and sack Marsch immediately.

Which has then put the three amigos under the microscope to get a competent replacement in pronto.

Other than Bielsa, the evidence is not good in terms of the coaches these guys have appointed so far.

Hopefully this Dwight Schrute guy is a ruse, but I doubt it very much.
Barlow Boy
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Barlow Boy »

Jaydog wrote: Mon Feb 13, 2023 2:20 pm Give it to Sku and give me a monkey ffs.
One bullet dodged anyway. Probably more incoming.
He must be a very serious contender now.

Hope he gets the gig, and you get the brass pal.
Don’t cry because you said goodbye to your pet, smile because you said hello
DDB220
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by DDB220 »

This would make a great comedy sketch if it wasn’t so personal.

At the game yesterday - Orta did looked defeated slumped in his seat next to Kinnear who outwardly, just seems to be oblivious or incapable of understanding the gravity of the s**t show that has developed.
DDB220
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by DDB220 »

There was a rumour that a punter put 2k on Alfred yesterday. How must Toney be feeling now.
Jaydog
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Jaydog »

Barlow Boy wrote: Mon Feb 13, 2023 2:24 pm He must be a very serious contender now.

Hope it’s the best appointment for us tbh. £500 would be scant consolation for relegation.
As we speak Nuno sprints in to favouritism.
An incredible market. Never seen the like.
Jaydog
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Jaydog »

Maybe the process is actually showing due diligence.
You never know
Bongo1874
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by Bongo1874 »

Iraola 👍.
White Riot
Superstar
Superstar

Post by White Riot »

Barlow Boy wrote: Mon Feb 13, 2023 2:24 pm He must be a very serious contender now.

If Skubs got the job until the end of the season, I feel like the fans would be more forgiving of him if things go wrong.

But if the job goes to this Schrute guy and things set off bad against Everton, and Southampton, he'll be right under the cosh immediately and the crowd will turn on him.

I'd much prefer getting a long term coach in, but we missed the boat not doing this during the World Cup break.

All the "planning" seems very short term, and desperately reactive.
Jaydog
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Jaydog »

White Riot wrote: Mon Feb 13, 2023 2:35 pm If Skubs got the job until the end of the season, I feel like the fans would be more forgiving of him if things go wrong.

But if the job goes to this Schrute guy and things set off bad against Everton, and Southampton, he'll be right under the cosh immediately and the crowd will turn on him.

I'd much prefer getting a long term coach in, but we missed the boat not doing this during the World Cup break.

All the "planning" seems very short term, and desperately reactive.
NOT Alfred Schreuder, Riot. 100% negative

87BB5F75-4565-445D-917B-B8DD99346954.jpeg
AjaxNL
Ballboy
Ballboy

Post by AjaxNL »

Ajax Showtime ( our forum) says Schreuder will NOT be Leeds next manager according to Phil hay (the athletic) and Fabrizio Romano.

Thats good news for Leeds!
Personally i would still go for Arne Slot.
He is an amazing coach sofar. Did very well with AZ and now with Feyenoord.

Feyenoord said no. But Slot also went behind AZ's back to talk with Feyenoord so i think Leeds will have a chance with him if they are serious. His style of football is pretty fun to look at and thats from an Ajax supporter looking at Feyenoord ( rivals)
White Riot
Superstar
Superstar

Post by White Riot »

Jaydog wrote: Mon Feb 13, 2023 2:36 pm NOT Alfred Schreuder, Riot. 100% negative
The more this f**king s**t show drags on the worse it's getting for Radz and co and the more desperate and panicked they're gonna get.

Nuno produced awful footy at Spurs, and he had a better squad that ours.

Rafa for me is past his sell by date. Admittedly, he was coaching in difficult circumstances at Everton, and Newcastle. But again the footy he produced there was dire.

I would rather we stuck out for Iraola, and if that means giving Skubs the rest of the season so be it.

I just don't want another 🤡 brought in.

I'd even take a punt on Scott Parker ahead of this Schrute guy, but that again just shows how desperate we are.

Put up the Bat Signal :duno:
White Riot
Superstar
Superstar

Post by White Riot »

Jaydog wrote: Mon Feb 13, 2023 2:36 pm NOT Alfred Schreuder, Riot. 100% negative

87BB5F75-4565-445D-917B-B8DD99346954.jpeg
Is there any cnut on the planet we haven't offered the job to?

We're getting to be a laughing stock again :x
LTID
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by LTID »

Apparently Schreuder wasn't even close to getting the job.
Jaydog
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Jaydog »

White Riot wrote: Mon Feb 13, 2023 2:44 pm The more this f**king s**t show drags on the worse it's getting for Radz and co and the more desperate and panicked they're gonna get.

Nuno produced awful footy at Spurs, and he had a better squad that ours.

Rafa for me is past his sell by date. Admittedly, he was coaching in difficult circumstances at Everton, and Newcastle. But again the footy he produced there was dire.

I would rather we stuck out for Iraola, and if that means giving Skubs the rest of the season so be it.

I just don't want another 🤡 brought in.

I'd even take a punt on Scott Parker ahead of this Schrute guy, but that again just shows how desperate we are.

Put up the Bat Signal :duno:
But if they get it right then I’m ok with the process.
We are all assuming panic (including me) but the fact is they haven’t employed anyone yet so are clearly by definition not prepared to take anybody. Or maybe Alf turned us down but I doubt it.
Gerrard is 3rd favourite generally in the new market but it’s all speculation. And the bookies love a bit of panic, they must be laughing all the way to the bank
BradWhite
First Team
First Team

Post by BradWhite »

Jaydog wrote: Mon Feb 13, 2023 2:19 pm A7DA9BFA-0456-4C40-B1C0-EE7D70B943DE.png
There's at least 4 on that betting odds list (above) that are no longer in contention for the job.
Jaydog
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Jaydog »

BradWhite wrote: Mon Feb 13, 2023 2:53 pm There's at least 4 on that list that are no longer in contention for the job.
Always the same, Brad.
Tedesco is always in new manager lists for some reason.
White Riot
Superstar
Superstar

Post by White Riot »

Jaydog wrote: Mon Feb 13, 2023 2:50 pm But if they get it right then I’m ok with the process.
We are all assuming panic (including me) but the fact is they haven’t employed anyone yet so are clearly by definition not prepared to take anybody. Or maybe Alf turned us down but I doubt it.
Gerrard is 3rd favourite generally in the new market but it’s all speculation. And the bookies love a bit of panic, they must be laughing all the way to the bank
Yeah, if they get it right I'll applaud them and all the chat now will be irrelevant.

Gerrard can do one for me, I'd rather give it to Eddie Yna Gray for a few months.
Irish Ian
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Irish Ian »

LTID wrote: Mon Feb 13, 2023 2:49 pm Apparently Schreuder wasn't even close to getting the job.
Just fancied a boozy weekend at the game yesterday :roflmao:

Dodged a bullet by the look.
'
"Football is about the people and the players,” he said. “Then there are those who will mingle in the middle: the coaches, executives and journalists. That last group represents the worst part about football" Marcelo Bielsa
AjaxNL
Ballboy
Ballboy

Post by AjaxNL »

Irish Ian wrote: Mon Feb 13, 2023 2:56 pm Just fancied a boozy weekend at the game yesterday :roflmao:

Dodged a bullet by the look.
not a bullet. A bullet is small.. schreuder would have nuked your club.
Irish Ian
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Irish Ian »

AjaxNL wrote: Mon Feb 13, 2023 2:57 pm not a bullet. A bullet is small.. schreuder would have nuked your club.
:lol:

Well if you have ever been to Elland Road you would agree that the stadium needs nuked!
'
"Football is about the people and the players,” he said. “Then there are those who will mingle in the middle: the coaches, executives and journalists. That last group represents the worst part about football" Marcelo Bielsa