Having lost another dear friend I met through Leeds United on Friday it’s with a great deal of sadness that today I learned of the passing of Twiggster. His wife posted on Facebook that after a short illness he sadly passed away peacefully.
Twiggs hasn’t posted of MOT for a few years, but he is the reason this place exists and the reason that many of our longstanding members are here. When I went to university in South Wales back in 2001, I felt pretty detached from Leeds United down there. No Look North or YEP which were the main sources of Leeds news back then. So, I started looked on the internet and found MOT.
The forum used to be part of another site, but that site had disappeared from the web and was kept going by energy and enthusiasm of Twiggs. And here we are 20 years later, all thanks to Twiggs.
It was Twiggs who welcomed me to MOT when I first joined. I always remember his avatar from that time. It was of Elland Road in darkness with the old floodlights stretching into the dark sky.....stunning photo
Very sad news indeed. My thoughts are with Twiggs family.....
Sad news. I enjoyed Twiggs immense contribution to this site. He was always mischievously controversial (tongue in cheek most of the time) and he was a true Leeds fanatic.
Thanks for MOT and for all the chuckles.
RIP
Twiggs introduce me & several others to MOT from the dark side forum & I haven't looked back since. He was a controversial character, but always meant well.
As Adam has already posted, MOT wouldn't exist without Twiggs's immense contribution.
Very sad to hear this, Twigs welcomed me here too. Used to listen to his podcast where he would constantly talk about fixing his computer to get the next episode out.
Such sad news, Spent many evenings talking to Twiggster and listening to Radio Aire back in the day whilst in the game chatroom.
The tears of laughter one evening stuck with me when he rung into the post match phone in with Bradders, when the Krasner consortium owned us and he was immediately cut off air after he started the call with 'now then, what's all this b@llcks?'
MOTForum was an online forum that he fostered and took great pride in growing.
Mountain wrote: ↑Sun Mar 05, 2023 4:37 pm
If he set up the forum, would it be appropriate the have a moratorium, no posts for 24 hours. Or maybe on the day of his funeral.